RangerTell Vekta

Ashish

May 27, 2014
Hi Guys,
After doing few research I brought Rangertell Vekta, I must say it was a big risk but it's working. Recently I did some test search with my silver ring and the results were positive. What I have learnt till now is that it's a powerful tool to find anything because of its variable frequency range. As per the R&D I have done till now I believe that RT can find silver and it can really take you very close to it but when it comes to exact spot finding than it may not be every once first choice, I may be wrong because I am still learning the vekta but at this level I would need one more detector may be a garrett pro point to find the exact spot for digging. Currently my digging goal is not more than one feet ...

apologies for my bad english ...

Thanks,
Ashish

signal_line

Silver Member
Nov 14, 2011
Detector(s) used
XP Deus
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Congratulations, you just wasted $1000. You can buy that DDS signal generator for $50 on ebay. This what I have been trying to warn people about.

aarthrj3811

Gold Member
Apr 1, 2004
Northern Nevada
Detector(s) used
Dowsing Rods and a Ranger Tell Examiner
I don’t own a Vekta but a model TG…When I get close to the target I set my distance at 0.0025 and it is always under my heel..Art

gollum

Gold Member
Jan 2, 2006
Arizona Vagrant
Detector(s) used
Minelab SD2200D (Modded)/ Whites GMT 24k / Fisher FX-3 / Fisher Gold Bug II / Fisher Gemini / Schiebel MIMID / Falcon MD-20
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
HAHAHA You can download a signal generator for free from Google Ply for Iphone, Android, and Windows 8 Phone.

Signal Line, you are wasting your typing fingers. The people that believe in them will always believe the excuses for why they don't work. They will rarely admit that they have been taken.

Best - Mike

aarthrj3811

Gold Member
Apr 1, 2004
Northern Nevada
Detector(s) used
Congratulations, you just wasted $1000. You can buy that DDS signal generator for $50 on ebay. This what I have been trying to warn people about.
A DDS signal generator with a AD9850.
A signal generator is almost a must to have for the serious homebrewer. You will need it for testing receivers, transmitters, amplifiers, attenuators, filters etcetera. Ultimately, I want to build a signal generator with a range of 1-1000MHz. I have now completed the first step: a DDS based generator with a range of 0.1 - 40MHz. This range is limited by the DDS/Clock used, but this design will allow me to use it as a reference for wide range VCO/PLL combinations.

And that is all he would have

signal_line

Silver Member
Nov 14, 2011
Detector(s) used
XP Deus
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
HAHAHA You can download a signal generator for free from Google Ply for Iphone, Android, and Windows 8 Phone.

Signal Line, you are wasting your typing fingers. The people that believe in them will always believe the excuses for why they don't work. They will rarely admit that they have been taken.

Best - Mike

Yeah, I know what you mean. I first am suspect that this is just some shill. When you do a sweep with a frequency generator on a swivel handle, it is just dowsing. Dowsing is unreliable and inaccurate. I would like to help but they deleted my posts on the low-cost gold locators.

gollum

Gold Member
Jan 2, 2006
Arizona Vagrant
Detector(s) used
Minelab SD2200D (Modded)/ Whites GMT 24k / Fisher FX-3 / Fisher Gold Bug II / Fisher Gemini / Schiebel MIMID / Falcon MD-20
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
This is the Signal Generator I use on my Galaxy Tab II and Windows 8 Phone:

https://play.google.com/store/apps/details?id=com.keuwl.functiongenerator

There are tons more (some free and some for pay).

Don't get me wrong. I can tell you without a doubt that dowsing does work. Growing up, I had a good friend whose father owned an Oil Exploration Company in New Orleans (where I'm from). He employed a couple of dowsers because he said they were just as accurate as his computers and hardware (this was in the 1970s). I just think that people who REALLY have the gift are few and far between. I also am not a fan of LRLs and the like.

Mike

signal_line

Silver Member
Nov 14, 2011
Detector(s) used
XP Deus
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Yeah, a lot of people get the bad taste in their mouth over LRL's. The control box on the swivel handle is a recipe for disaster. I tell people do not buy them. I guess people don't know how much experience I have with LRL's. It dates back to my first gold find in 1981, but I tried dowsing before that. I've spent thousands on equipment and now I build my own. I tell everyone you need to learn some form of meditation if you are going to use an L-rod but everyone thinks they know better. I didn't realize I was that much smarter than other people. LOL The gold fever is a strange illness that blinds people to the truth.

aarthrj3811

Gold Member
Apr 1, 2004
Northern Nevada
Detector(s) used
Yeah, I know what you mean. I first am suspect that this is just some shill. When you do a sweep with a frequency generator on a swivel handle, it is just dowsing. Dowsing is unreliable and inaccurate. I would like to help but they deleted my posts on the low-cost gold locators.
No…Your post was deleted because you did not follow the rules
Yeah, a lot of people get the bad taste in their mouth over LRL's. The control box on the swivel handle is a recipe for disaster. I tell people do not buy them. I guess people don't know how much experience I have with LRL's. It dates back to my first gold find in 1981, but I tried dowsing before that. I've spent thousands on equipment and now I build my own. I tell everyone you need to learn some form of meditation if you are going to use an L-rod but everyone thinks they know better. I didn't realize I was that much smarter than other people. LOL The gold fever is a strange illness that blinds people to the truth.
What’s wrong with gold fever? I have had it since 1981……I guess I will have it as long as I keep locating gold

OP
OP
A

Ashish

May 27, 2014
HAHAHA You can download a signal generator for free from Google Ply for Iphone, Android, and Windows 8 Phone. Signal Line, you are wasting your typing fingers. The people that believe in them will always believe the excuses for why they don't work. They will rarely admit that they have been taken. Best - Mike
First of all thanks guys for replying ... I know it was a huge risk buying a vekta and many people would be thinking its waste of money, I can't change their perspective but I fell if it does what it is meant for. Gollum u can always have a signal generator on you phone but these devices produce only 20Hz - 20KHz frequency it has a band limitation, cheap android phones even produce degraded frequency. What I like about vekta is that it doesn't run on single frequency like other detectors, I may be wrong but I have read many specks for eg garrett works at 17KHz frequency and some other company devices may be working on some other frequency still doing the same job, what I have understood is that every detector has a frequency generator but it's fixed to single frequency but vekta has a huge band width so it can find multiple products if you know the frequency....
Every product in the market keeps huge profit of margin than too we buy, in this case I would see the efficiency of the product.
I have just started using the vekta soon I will upload the results too. Thanks for reading and replying please don't feel offended we are here for knowledge sharing ....

Last edited:

signal_line

Silver Member
Nov 14, 2011
Detector(s) used
XP Deus
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
You are buying into propaganda from someone who probably can't even use one. You don't need much frequency range to get all the elements. Go look on ebay for DDS signal generator. You will find yours there for $50. He puts a handle, antenna, battery and charges $1100 - $1200 for about $100 worth of parts and about one hour labor. And it is not even how an MFD is supposed to be used. Buyer beware.

OP
OP
A

Ashish

May 27, 2014
You are buying into propaganda from someone who probably can't even use one. You don't need much frequency range to get all the elements. Go look on ebay for DDS signal generator. You will find yours there for $50. He puts a handle, antenna, battery and charges $1100 - $1200 for about $100 worth of parts and about one hour labor. And it is not even how an MFD is supposed to be used. Buyer beware.
thanks for sharing but at this point I have already bought it, soon I am planning a small trip for gold hunting let's see how efficient vekta is. Eagerly waiting to test it in open ground ...will share the results weather it's positive or negative

signal_line

Silver Member
Nov 14, 2011
Detector(s) used
XP Deus
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I do modifications on the frequency generator system I build.

aarthrj3811

Gold Member
Apr 1, 2004
Northern Nevada
Detector(s) used
No he can not….He has already posted that his use of LRL’s has been very spotty or just plain a failure..
Hey Ashish….It makes no difference what you post….signal and the rest of his clan will just claim or make some kind of excuse for you having enjoyed your hobby….Art

Carl-NC

Bronze Member
Mar 19, 2003
Washington
Detector(s) used
Custom Designs and Prototypes
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Ashish, do yourself a favor and take meticulous notes on every "hit" you get and hole you dig. It'll be a depressing experience but a valuable lesson, if you're open to learning lessons.

gollum

Gold Member
Jan 2, 2006
Arizona Vagrant
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I am with Carl here. You probably won't find a person more knowledgeable than Carl regarding electronics. Especially regarding metal detecting electronics. You would do well to take his advice. A lot of people get taken in by pseudo science, and spend tons of money. I am not here to say that MFDs and LRLs are worthless. I am not here to say that MFDs and LRLs won't find anything for you at a better rate than if you randomly dug holes in the ground. I am not here to tell you that MFDs and LRLs are only good at finding sucker's wallets.

I am just telling you that you should reach out and get advice from people that REALLY know electronics before spending a lot of money on ANYTHING! Make informed decisions. If someone could REALLY make a device that can find gold at depths of hundreds of feet deep and miles distant, don't you think they would keep that device a secret? Don't you think they would use it for themselves and get rich? If it were me that invented such a device, NOBODY would ever know how it worked. You could not buy it. You could only rent my service for a high percentage of what we find on your property.

Just my thoughts - Mike

aarthrj3811

Gold Member
Apr 1, 2004
Northern Nevada
Detector(s) used
I am just telling you that you should reach out and get advice from people that REALLY know electronics before spending a lot of money on ANYTHING! Make informed decisions. If someone could REALLY make a device that can find gold at depths of hundreds of feet deep and miles distant, don't you think they would keep that device a secret? Don't you think they would use it for themselves and get rich? If it were me that invented such a device, NOBODY would ever know how it worked. You could not buy it. You could only rent my service for a high percentage of what we find on your property.
He Made his informed decision…He decided that he want a treasure hunting device that would find treasure at over 1 foot deep. He decided that he wanted a tool that would have a range of more than a few feet…I know a few manufactures who are treasure hunters and use their equipment almost daily…Why talk to electronic expert who are experts at making conventional metal detectors that he has already decided he that he did not want…..Sorry there are already many devices made that do what you claim is impossible…Art

aarthrj3811

Gold Member
Apr 1, 2004
Northern Nevada
Detector(s) used
Just maybe you guys should pay more attention to you customers….I see post after post from unhappy people…Personally I see no improvements in your produces…Just more bells….I see people who are still digging hundreds of pull tabs instead of gold…I can say that I have never dug a pull tab when looking for gold every since I taught my metal detector to swim …That has been a problem of yours for over 30 years…I don’t think very much of your electronic people..Art

aarthrj3811

Gold Member
Apr 1, 2004
Northern Nevada
Detector(s) used
The strange thing about this board is that we have had over 50 happy users post here...we have had maybe two that claimed they had been scammed...we have had 1000’s of posts by the skeptics who have claimed not to have ever tried our devices ..So whom do you believe is telling the true or even have any idea about how these devices operate?...Art

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread