Why is it no one admits to being a control freak?

OP
OP
signal_line

signal_line

Silver Member
Nov 14, 2011
Detector(s) used
XP Deus
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
you're welcome to call me a hypocrite. i said read the book and at least you know where you stand. i never demanded anybody follow it. i also said you will see me in there. I don't claim to be perfect. it's my shock jock coming through. I don't even care if you believe what i say. if you want to believe some on else, that's your choice. I put out what i know to be true. I spend countless hours getting feedback every day. I like Jon Gruden on Monday Night Football. He knows so much and many times i don't like to hear what he has to say about my team. But I know he's right.

Talking about the essentials to locating, when I see something I point it out. Ego and power trips, just look at who's name is on every post has to have the last word. That ego ain't conducive to locating. That's sophomore at best. I got tired of correcting him, but the calculator thing has created probably hundreds of skeptics--betrayed their trust-- and i ain't backing down on that one until he denounces it as a fraud. Nose-thumbing antagonism has nothing to do with being a better locator. As for power trips, yeah we all have them. We all stubborn and don't want anyone to even hint we should change. Almost everything I do is related to being a better locator or helping others, so look at it from that viewpoint if you want to learn something. If you just have a chip on your shoulder you will be blinded to the truth.

Last edited:

aarthrj3811

Gold Member
Apr 1, 2004
Northern Nevada
Detector(s) used
Dowsing Rods and a Ranger Tell Examiner
Why is it no one admits to being a control freak?
Well Mike …You keep telling us that we are all hunting wrong. You keep telling us about all your failures. You keep Calling us names because we do not agree with you. Yes we all come here to exchange information. Just because you can not work one type of device does not make it a scam. How many times do you have to be told that we can use our devices?...Art

Treasure_Hunter

Administrator
Staff member
Jul 27, 2006
Florida
Detector(s) used
Minelab_Equinox_ 800 Minelab_CTX-3030 Minelab_Excal_1000 Minelab_Sovereign_GT Minelab_Safari Minelab_ETrac Whites_Beach_Hunter_ID Fisher_1235_X
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Reminds me of those riots--the anarchists come to town and hurl rocks, loot, and start fires.
As for insults, yeah, I am the shock jock type. Call me "Anti-matter Mike". Never said I was Holy, never said I followed the book. Of course i am "working on it" but i admit i am slow. Pretty much impossible to stay on this forum and do so. i already know how to locate how to get the pure, clear focus and the expanded awareness. I try to help others get there the fastest way. Like the ancient sages said,"Know Thyself" first if you want to learn how the universe works. Yeah, I know people are going to cry "hypocrite". That's not really the case but that won't stop the spin so i don't care what people think about me. Like i said you have to lose the ego.
We have to lose the ego? Your the one calling us hypocrites..

Dave Rishar

Silver Member
Mar 6, 2008
WA
Detector(s) used
Tesoro Vaquero, XP Deus, Vallon Gizmo
For the sake of completeness, I went ahead and tracked down a copy of this book on Amazon for ~$7. When someone challenges me to read a book, I normally do so. What's the worst that can happen? This, for one thing.

I'm not far into it yet, signal line, but so far I am unimpressed. The author begins with a bunch of incorrect assumptions and rapidly proceeds downhill from there. I understand that this sort of philosophy was popular in the seventies, but make no mistake about it - the world does not exist to make you or I happy. We can choose to be happy in it, but the world was there before any given person was and will still be there long after the last person is dead and gone, so it seems unreasonable to me to believe that it was created to make any given person happy. We humans are simply not that important in the grand scheme of things. We're here because the world exists, not the other way around.

That's from the first or second page. I may write up a full review when I'm done, but it's not looking good so far. The author cites a few people that I pay attention to, so I'm approaching it with a somewhat open mind. There may be some gems in there, and do not doubt that I'll be looking for them. But man...this was bad even by the standards of the day. I'm glad that you found it useful, but I'm not sure how useful it will be to others.

OP
OP
signal_line

signal_line

Silver Member
Nov 14, 2011
Detector(s) used
XP Deus
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
i admit it is hard to learn anything from a book, but it can be done. You probably didn't get to an important part that talks about you are not supposed to repress your feelings as things will just build up inside you. Probably didn't make a big enough point on this issue. i made that mistake when i first read the book. BTW, it's free on-line.

I can't stress enough the importance of learning what this book teaches if you want to learn how to locate. Not saying you have to learn it from this book, there are other places to get it, but at least you know where you stand. If you want to locate it is essential to clear your negative energies, the anxiety, greed, etc. It blinds you to the truth. I put this out so people can learn. If you don't want it, that's okay. Oh yeah, this book is as real as it gets. Like the saying goes, you won't change until you are sick and tired of the way you are. The book makes a big point that people will only accept it when they are ready.

The book ain't going to change you overnight. It's a relatively painless way to get it. I certainly don't agree with everything in the book--there are things i refuse to take. i ain't the submissive type except for my wife. LOL Even then there are things I just won't accept, especially the politically correct stuff taking away our freedoms.

Last edited:

goldkey

May 21, 2013
Middle Tennessee
Detector(s) used
Nokta/Macro Anfibio Multi / Nokta Fors Core /Ace 250 - w/ 9"x12" Coil /
Whites TRX Bullseye
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I also went to read the book. Didn't take long to see that you would be much better off studying the bible. Why try to follow mans' way of thinking? Go to the Creator and all things will be added unto you.This includes wisdom and the ability to understand yourself and those around you. You are correct in saying that all people are on different levels of understanding. As much as you may feel that you need or want to help others to get there faster in their process of learning, you're efforts will be in vain to draw a majority of the crowd along with you. It's like the story of the rich man that went in to pray. He saw a poor man there and thought to himself that he was better than the poor man in some way because of his riches. He must have felt closer to God and looked down on the poor man, which was just an assumption on his part. God set him straight and made him aware that he was the one in need of correction, not the poor man. It is best to not strive too hard in this world with all the ignorance we see around us. As a young man we drive ahead full steam. As we get older we learn to slow down and appreciate what we have been blessed to see and learn, and realize that we may have misinterpeted many things as a young man because we were in too big of a hurry to see those things. Don't be too hard on those that you may think are falling short because there really is no 1% in this world...........unless you are talking about those that have "all" the money! Seems to me the purpose of that book was to bring peace to one's soul and allow you to live in harmony. I recommend the other book..........the one and only.

aarthrj3811

Gold Member
Apr 1, 2004
Northern Nevada
Detector(s) used
I have been a full time Gold Prospector since 1981. Now I am told that because I have not read some book I am a control freak. Yes I am in control of my life. Does that make me a control freak?...Art

TheRingFinder

Bronze Member
May 22, 2013
Minnesota
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Minelab - E-Trac / Excalibur
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I use common sense, therefore I use a Minelab E-Trac & Excalibur.

Dave Rishar

Silver Member
Mar 6, 2008
WA
Detector(s) used
Tesoro Vaquero, XP Deus, Vallon Gizmo
I put this out so people can learn. If you don't want it, that's okay. Oh yeah, this book is as real as it gets. Like the saying goes, you won't change until you are sick and tired of the way you are. The book makes a big point that people will only accept it when they are ready.

You're assuming that people don't want to learn, don't want to improve, and are unhappy with their lives. I'm not qualified to speak for anyone other than myself, but I can say that you're wrong in at least that case. Others are free to chime in as they see necessary.

finderskeepers

Jul 26, 2012
MA
Detector(s) used
Boxes on sticks, that go beep
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
You mean I've wasted every single one of these 19,000 days???

woof!

Bronze Member
Dec 12, 2010
ciudadano del universo, residente de El Paso TX
Detector(s) used
BS detector
Primary Interest:
Other
Mike (Signal), if you make a list of people who hope to achieve your LRL treasure finding abilities and your depth of philosophical wisdom........ is there even any need to finish the question?

Art at least seems to have some gold prospecting knowledge and skill. What his LRL has to do with it may not matter, most people with gold prospecting skill don't bother with LRL's or for that matter even dowsing. And Art often correctly points out that you yourself are constantly explaining here why LRL's and dowsing don't work (at least for you), and the funny thing is that you don't even realize that's what you're posting!

If anyone wants to know whether or not LRL's work or not, I can explain from the electrical perspective why they don't work, but not everyone grasps such explanations. So your posts are the next line of evidence. Mikes' been trying since the Dark Ages to make LRL's work and his own posts explain that they don't and why. If after all that work Mike has come up empty-handed, a newbie isn't likely to do much better. Especially if they're not prepared to counter Mike's explanations why LRL's don't work.

aarthrj3811

Gold Member
Apr 1, 2004
Northern Nevada
Detector(s) used
Art at least seems to have some gold prospecting knowledge and skill. What his LRL has to do with it may not matter, most people with gold prospecting skill don't bother with LRL's or for that matter even dowsing. And Art often correctly points out that you yourself are constantly explaining here why LRL's and dowsing don't work (at least for you), and the funny thing is that you don't even realize that's what you're posting!
You are correct . I have a lot of knowledge and skills for locating gold. I will use any and all methods to recover that yellow stuff. Right now my most important tools are Map Dowsing and my LRL’s. ..Art

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest Discussions