Garrett AT Gold, Ace 250, CEIA CMD PI
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting

bowwinkles

Bronze Member
Nov 3, 2012
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
You should do a search here on this forum. That subject has been discussed a lot.

aarthrj3811

Gold Member
Apr 1, 2004
Northern Nevada
Detector(s) used
Dowsing Rods and a Ranger Tell Examiner
If it has a control box on a swivel handle, stay away from it. Not saying they can't possibly work, just that it is very unlikely.
Yes, you should stay away from them because Mike could not use one
Find something that has a transmitter that you place on the ground and walk around it with an L-rod. These are the frequency discriminators. Expect a lot of frustration because they don't work all the time--nothing does.
I have used 6 of this style units. They have worked all the time....Art

aarthrj3811

Gold Member
Apr 1, 2004
Northern Nevada
Detector(s) used
If you want to try our method of treasure hunting you can try a cell phone, CB radio or a scientific calculator. No much range or depth but will work..The CB Radio you put it on a channel that is 462.7125 MHz. I use a Uniden Walkie Talkie channel 7. I lock the send button down and put it on the ground and walk around it. With the cell phone I put 353 in and do nothing else but put it on the ground. With the Scientific Calculator I put 353 in and enter it then put it on the ground .These are for gold but I have others
...Art

Last edited:

Pennypacker

Banned
May 5, 2013
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Take the battery out of a Timex, one battery terminal wire gets attached to the watch band the other extends out ~24", set the hands to 4:20, then attach the watch to your ankle, attach the wire to the other ankle.

Then you shuffle around, walk like an Egyptian but keep both feet on the ground. It is important to keep your arms in that Egyptian pose for the discrimination to work properly.

When you come across an area with gold or silver, the time on the watch will advance 5 to 9 seconds, if it is iron, the clock will turn back 3-4 seconds.

It's a little awkward at first but the price is reasonable.

aarthrj3811

Gold Member
Apr 1, 2004
Northern Nevada
Detector(s) used
I never thought much about how I hold my Dowsing Rods. This is how I hold them. I place the top part of the handle in the crease of the big knuckle of my index finger about a 1/2 inch from the bend of the rod. I place the lower part of the rod in the crease that goes all the way thought my hand. I close my hand lightly with my thumb touching the nail of my index finger. Now move your arm back and forth. The rod should move freely....I thought everyone had wire coat hangers until someone e-mailed me and ask where they could buy them. Just go to an auto shop or about anywhere they wear uniforms.

To make the L rods cut two hangers at the neck and straighten them. Make the handles 5" long and the long side 17"making sure that the handles are free of the old bends. Remember that these L Rods are not very sensitive but will react to a lot of different objects.

woof!

Bronze Member
Dec 12, 2010
ciudadano del universo, residente de El Paso TX
Detector(s) used
BS detector
Primary Interest:
Other
Rexy, if you want to face a long learning curve, read Signal's posts. He explains just how long that learning curve is and what little it leads to.

Perhaps you'd be better off sticking with a pair of coat hangers. They don't cost anything and there isn't much to learn.

--Dave J.

aarthrj3811

Gold Member
Apr 1, 2004
Northern Nevada
Detector(s) used
Here are a few more numbers to experiment with. With the walkie-talkie you can try 462.5625MHz for Silver but will sometimes pick up pull tabs,. With the other devices you can try Silver 377, Copper 411 and Iron512......Art

aarthrj3811

Gold Member
Apr 1, 2004
Northern Nevada
Detector(s) used
I can't tell if you are serious, joking, or have truly gone insane!
I guess the joke is on you. I have found and recovered gold with each of these devices..Art

aarthrj3811

Gold Member
Apr 1, 2004
Northern Nevada
Detector(s) used
We now have 2 more people who know that LRL’s are real and some one has given me another ideas...Art

Last edited:

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread