Jesse Capin search, new video

cactusjumper

Gold Member
Dec 10, 2005
Arizona
Tom Kollenborn had mentioned he was asked to write an article on Jesse Capen, and it can be found on page A-4 here: http://www.ajnews.com/

The reason Pistol Canyon is mentioned, is because a well known Dutch Hunter had told some folks that he and a friend had tracked Jesse into that area. I assume they were on horseback, and it was done well after Jesse went missing. That gives me some doubt's that the man they were tracking was actually Jesse.

Just my personal opinon, so take that for what it's worth.

Joe Ribaudo

Cubfan64

Silver Member
Feb 13, 2006
New Hampshire - USA
Detector(s) used
Fisher CZ21, Teknetics T2 & Minelab Sovereign GT
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Unless one finds something directly linked to a specific person, how can they say they were following his specific trail?

cactusjumper

Gold Member
Dec 10, 2005
Arizona
Paul,

Assuming it's not just a "Me Tarzan" story, I would guess there was something distinctive in the sign they were following. On the other hand, they may have picked up some clues from his map(s).

Take care,

Joe

Nov 8, 2004
Alamos,Sonora,Mexico
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Good evening Cynthia: Just a short post to see if you are doing better. I thank you again for your prompt and extremely nice EM.

I, and most here, would love to hear from you. Remember, You are part of our elete family, 'the Lost Dutchman Hunters', as we are your's now.

Don Jose de La Mancha

88 Jesse 88

Tenderfoot
Dec 31, 2009
Marble Colorado
Don Jose and all friends of Jesse
Thank you for all your thoughts and vigilance for Jesse...

I am frail and vulnerable in regards to my son...some days I find myself flat on the floor in grief.
Other days I am stronger...talking to Jesse often and feeling some peace.

I have decided to keep Jesse's Jeep. I will go to court to be granted a convertership on Jesse's affairs.
Early in December I sold my old Jeep in Marble Colorado..I could not afford to keep two cars...so I let the Jeep go......Jesse told me...someday I will be able to go back to Marble full-time and by my Jeep back...I sold it to a good friend....soon I will sell my Subaru impreza.

I know this may never come to closure...I hope some day to except reality and find Peace.
I accept that Jesse is gone...his body a vehicle to contain his one and only precious life.

I am honoured to be his mom.

I can't possible express my feeling for all who have not forgotten Jesse.
If I felt Jesse was abandoned and forgotten... I truly have doubts I would still be here.

I don't believe in angels...but I do know you all are my teachers...showing me compassion...
selflessness...dedication...and Love for are fellow human beings on this amazing plant earth.

With the most respect...

Cynthia

Cubfan64

Silver Member
Feb 13, 2006
New Hampshire - USA
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Cynthia - That's an incredibly touching post. I can't imagine going through what you've been dealing with.

I pray that you find closure and peace someday, and I'm confident there are a number of people who won't forget Jesse and will keep their eyes and ears peeled for information.

Old Dog

Gold Member
May 22, 2007
Western Colorado
Cubfan64 said:
Cynthia - That's an incredibly touching post. I can't imagine going through what you've been dealing with.

I pray that you find closure and peace someday, and I'm confident there are a number of people who won't forget Jesse and will keep their eyes and ears peeled for information.

Agreed.
This will be sorted out in time.

My Sincere Condolences.

88 Jesse 88

Tenderfoot
Dec 31, 2009
Marble Colorado
Re: Jesse and the Angeles

Hello Mr. Lamancha,

I do hope all angles are with Jesse..watching us.

I do hope they are with my brother Paul...who took his own life on his 46th birthday...7 years ago... will be there to teach Jesse to fly.

I do have a long history in my family...it a long story...at 6 years old...things happened... and I will never believe again.

I do believe in the moment...this moment...this very moment.

This is what Jesse is teaching us all..this moment...that is all we have... if we do not...we will miss our lives.

Jesse's Mother

Nov 8, 2004
Alamos,Sonora,Mexico
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Hi Cynthia Luv: At 6 years old ... things happened... and I will never believe again??

hmmm You have to believe, that IS life itself! Without belief nothing has substance or worth. Jessie should have taught you this with his actions.

My mother always knew when I had a narrow escape or was hurt, she even knew when I was wounded in the war. I often wondered just what 'else' she knew? blushing.

I understand that Beth is somewhat Fey, to Oro's discomfort snicker.

Have you finished with the automobiles?

Do Jose de La Mancha

OP
OP
djui5

djui5

Bronze Member
May 22, 2006
Mesa, AZ
Detector(s) used
None
Primary Interest:
Prospecting
Re: Jesse and the Angeles

babbs88 said:
I do believe in the moment...this moment...this very moment.

This is what Jesse is teaching us all..this moment...that is all we have... if we do not...we will miss our lives.

Jesse's Mother

I would agree with you! We are still searching out here. He will be found, it is just a matter of time.

Old Dog

Gold Member
May 22, 2007
Western Colorado
hey Roy

Attachments

• BUMP.jpg
    BUMP.jpg
    41.7 KB · Views: 724
  • BUMP.jpg
    BUMP.jpg
    41.7 KB · Views: 687

Cubfan64

Silver Member
Feb 13, 2006
New Hampshire - USA
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
texastee2007 said:
ghostman said:
Thanks Joe,

The pictures of the camp area are a little odd. I did not see a firering or firewood, maybe its just wasn't in the picture. The tent fly was was off the tent. The backpack was open and on the ground. One water jug was full and the halfway empty. Maybe there is a good explanation for my observations, thought maybe you could shed some light on it.

Thanks again

on one of the pictures of the tent...there is a shadow of the tent on the ground..down and to the left.....now look at the containers on the left side of the tent....no shadow.

Ummmm, so you're implying that the photo has been doctored or that there's some huge conspiracy????

Here's an idea, take a look at the photo again for more than a couple seconds and you'll notice that what you say is a "shadow" is actually the dark blue portion of either the tent bottom or some other part of the stuff that's there.

::)

leefields

Feb 25, 2008
Lake Hamilton Florida 33851
Detector(s) used
Excall 2 w/Anderson shaft ...
Minelab CTX 3030 ...
Minelab GT
first of all....let me say...i know nothing about anything....

the pics look like he got camp setup...and that was it....

searchers may have pulled the fly tarp off to have a good look...the water jug was moved...the fly tarp sets now behind the tent...
the cook cans are too close to use...move them a foot or two apart and then cook your stuff...

thats was enough water 7.5 gallons...maybe enough for drinks and easy wash 3 or 4 days...5 stretched...
also there is no trash...

did he walk away to take a leak or dumpster...was he walking back to the jeep for more stuff...

6 ft 4 inch...and over 200 lbs....and he's ready....your not fighting this with your hands...

i live in central florida...i carry everywhere...walmart, gas station, 7-11, if you see me with a tshirt over my belt...

goin out there...the LDM...and i have been reading up on it...missing people, bodies being found....carry, one on the belt, one in the bag, and one in the Jeep...

*********Hikers in the hills east of Phoenix found Jesse's tent, wallet and binoculars Dec. 20th.*************

imho....

i dont think he stayed at the camp....just my HO....i dont think he spent the night..

lee

they need body dogs....let them trace the wind...and start recovering the remains for burial...

ghostman said:
Thanks Joe,

The pictures of the camp area are a little odd. I did not see a firering or firewood, maybe its just wasn't in the picture. The tent fly was was off the tent. The backpack was open and on the ground. One water jug was full and the halfway empty. Maybe there is a good explanation for my observations, thought maybe you could shed some light on it.

Thanks again

cactusjumper

Gold Member
Dec 10, 2005
Arizona
While not "official" yet, it is believed that Jesse Capen's remains have been found. The remains were located in a crevice where it is assumed, the victim accidentally fell. The crevice is located just across the canyon from Jim Hatt's old camp. Robert Cooper, of SSAR, says "members of his team made the discovery".

That's a little more information than what can be found on the Internet.

Joe Ribaudo

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread