the priest map or witch map

deducer

Bronze Member
Jan 7, 2014
Primary Interest:
Other
Unfortunately, I'm unable to confirm that Jim knew the exact location of the cave where the book was found.
Only that the cave contained, was close to or part of a ruin of some kind. He wouldn't tell me where it was though, other than it was within his own area of interest (Tortilla Mtn.), and did show me a photo of a boulder which had a deep carving of a heart, like that on the upper TS. I understood that boulder, dark in color, to be within his area as well, and that he suspected it was where the LH was to be used for orientation. At the time, I was inclined to agree with his assumption, but circumstances have since led me elsewhere.
I'd like to find that boulder though, since I suspect it may lie close to something else I would like to confirm.

That pile of rubble, composed mainly of a single type of easily excavated rock, remains an enigma to me. Although sweeps with MD's have turned up nothing, which might only indicate nothing within their range, it does appear to have been "constructed", rather than formed by entirely natural forces. The existence of three or more parallel trails to-from my primary AOI, also seems to point toward an attempt to sort and ship the excavated rock to a place where it would not be so noticeable....AND to possibly serve a secondary purpose. I have since identified an area closer to the excavation, where I now believe the larger pieces were broken down into sizes more suitable for transport and mound-building. This area is strewn with larger pieces of the same rock type, all of which are angular and sharp-edged as waste rock usually is, but do not match the geology of any adjacent formation from which erosion and gravity would have played the dominant part in it's deposition. All together, the sheer volume of this particular material seems to indicate an excavation of considerable volume.....probably accomplished over a lengthy period.

On the LH, the numbers II, III, and IV (Roman) appear on the "numerical side", and directly opposite to the three words "Meus" on the "word/phrase" side of the stone.
On the H/P stone, the 2, 3, and 4 (Hindu/Arabic) all appear within the chain of symbols below the priest's cross, with the 2 and 3 bracketing the TM symbol.
What's at the end of the trail incorporates all of those numbers, as well as "seal" similar in purpose to that which Howard C. found at the end of his search.
While not the seal, this is also nearby......

View attachment 1378360

Sorry it's a bit out of focus.....didn't find out that the camera was autofocusing on the brush closer to where I was standing, rather than on the subject matter, until I got back home.
But it should be easy to make out what I was interested in at the time.

Interesting that the path carved, differs than the one depicted on the TS. I assume this is related to the CP rock?

In a way, as vexing as it has been sometimes, I'm glad that this has turned out to be a thousand pieces jigsaw puzzle, rather than a simple one that would have been solved too quickly. That there should remain so much to investigate and backtrack, ensures there is something to look forward to, every time I go back. I continue to be particular about filling in as much of the narrative as I can, including the evolution of what began there and became sealed to this day, and how far the trail goes back.

deducer

Bronze Member
Jan 7, 2014
Primary Interest:
Other
You are talking about these stone maps like you know really what they represent .
I'm not using a translator to write here , maybe sometimes when I'm not sure about some words . But anyway , I have a good translator who could make coffee if I would ask politely .

The translation of meus is fairly straightforward; there's no double meaning to it, or an alternate definition, but that's not what's important. What's important is what that word represented to those concerned, in the proper context. Think of it as a riddle that a Sunday school teacher would throw out in order to drive home the the point of a parable or lesson, or simply to serve as a reminder.

In the context concerned, the word "mine," in the sense of personal possession, comes across as a paradox, or contradiction, as the bible constantly preaches against this, i.e., "do not lay up for yourselves treasures on earth" "sell your possessions and give to the needy" or the ever popular "for what will it profit a man if he gains the whole world and forfeits his soul."

Yet there exists one instance in which personal possession, in a sense, is encouraged.

somehiker

Silver Member
May 1, 2007
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Interesting that the path carved, differs than the one depicted on the TS. I assume this is related to the CP rock?

In a way, as vexing as it has been sometimes, I'm glad that this has turned out to be a thousand pieces jigsaw puzzle, rather than a simple one that would have been solved too quickly. That there should remain so much to investigate and backtrack, ensures there is something to look forward to, every time I go back. I continue to be particular about filling in as much of the narrative as I can, including the evolution of what began there and became sealed to this day, and how far the trail goes back.

The second set of CP symbols are located above all of this, and I now suspect the two "circle in circle" symbols may be a reference to the two sets of CP symbols, which also includes the same symbol, as does the SC. It's also interesting that the position of that same symbol within the heart cutout of the UTM corresponds with the "Transeo Ecclesia" of the LH, whereas on the Red Heart it can be found below the triangle. I believe I know why, but that would be offering too much at this time.

We all know how many variations of "solutions" there have been discussed and promoted as to the purpose and path which the dotted line on the TS's alludes to.
You and I both know how difficult it has been to trace that "trail" within my own area, and that while many of the symbols are plainly evident out there, and such a trail can be followed, the end does not appear to justify the means.....unless of course the means was to create a diversionary result that would somehow satisfy the seeker. More on that possibility may or may not come from RG's other stones and Ground Map, once we have seen them all.

Last edited:

markmar

Silver Member
Oct 17, 2012
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
deducer

I believe the word " meus " is a metaphor , in the sense how belongs to the earth/ground .
The author gave " soul " to the Priest and Horse , and in the P/H stone they are " talking " to the readers .
So , if we considered how the LH is all in the Priest "body " /region , and the Priest is a ground relief formation , the " meus " clues belong to the Priest as part of his ground composition .
And why to call specific places as " his " ? Maybe he want to show how there is something worth/precious to investigate .

Last edited:

somehiker

Silver Member
May 1, 2007
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I suspect that "MEUS" reflects something which identifies the person or group who created the "warehouse" and all references to it.....maps, etc.
This might be a unique symbol, variation of a number, letter, or abbreviation of some kind, recognizable only to insiders as to it's relative importance.
Even the word itself, perhaps.

Last edited:

deducer

Bronze Member
Jan 7, 2014
Primary Interest:
Other
I suspect that "MEUS" reflects something which identifies the person or group who created the "warehouse" and all references to it.....maps, etc.
This might be a unique symbol, variation of a number, letter, or abbreviation of some kind, recognizable only to insiders as to it's relative importance.
Even the word itself, perhaps.

You made an important observation:

On the LH, the numbers II, III, and IV (Roman) appear on the "numerical side", and directly opposite to the three words "Meus" on the "word/phrase" side of the stone. On the H/P stone, the 2, 3, and 4 (Hindu/Arabic) all appear within the chain of symbols below the priest's cross, with the 2 and 3 bracketing the TM symbol.

In the field, where the chain of symbols play out in progression as described on the priest side of the H/P stone, associated with each numerical juncture, there is a recurring symbol which you have seen; three in total, one large, two small. It is this symbol which is hinted at with the use of the word meus ("If anyone would come after me..."). If you recognize this fragment of a bible passage, you will recognize it is the only instance where "personal possession," in a sense, is encouraged. It is all the more appropriate since the last one points to where the real path begins... descensus in cuniculi cavum.

It is IMHO, why, on the CP paper, meus is both at the beginning and the end of the "sunrise" array of symbols, just as in the field, this same symbol is both the first and the last..

On the UTM, I have a feeling that the dagger is pointing to right where the smaller priest is. If so, it would suggest that the UTM is relevant to the priest side, and the LTM more to the horse side, especially with the proliferation of 3's.

Last edited:

markmar

Silver Member
Oct 17, 2012
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
deducer

You mentioned about the " sunrise " array of symbols in the CP map . We know how the author of the CP map named it a " watermark " . A watermark on the LH .
Why the author of this map to choose an asymmetric ( the interior ) shape of a sunrise symbol ? And what make this watermark symbol unique to this region ?
The answer is : the interior asymmetric shape is the shadow of the hill which is in the LH , on the light of the sunrise , at a specific date and under a specific sun angle . The clues which are related to each ray , are situated at the margins of this shadow .
Also , the concept to use shadows by the author , we can see as a metaphor applied to the stone hearts .

Last edited:

markmar

Silver Member
Oct 17, 2012
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Marius, How about a picture of your translator ??

12308278_484639301708556_7184444816588880636_n.jpg

deducer

Bronze Member
Jan 7, 2014
Primary Interest:
Other
deducer

You mentioned about the " sunrise " array of symbols in the CP map . We know how the author of the CP map named it a " watermark " . A watermark on the LH .
Why the author of this map to choose an asymmetric ( the interior ) shape of a sunrise symbol ? And what make this watermark symbol unique to this region ?
The answer is : the interior asymmetric shape is the shadow of the hill which is in the LH , on the light of the sunrise , at a specific date and under a specific sun angle . The clues which are related to each ray , are situated at the margins of this shadow .
Also , the concept to use shadows by the author , we can see as a metaphor applied to the stone hearts .

I used the term "sunrise" for lack of a better word to describe the lines on the CP paper that are arranged like spokes around an empty center, a common metaphor to those versed in mystical theology, a notion further emphasized by the latin phrase that runs sideways on the left side: Quorum Eccta (Ecclesia) fulget vi sole luna. For me, it is no accident that this phrase ends right where "El Tesoro..." begins, across the top.

markmar

Silver Member
Oct 17, 2012
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
The " Transeo Ecclesia " clue is situated at the highest point/altitude on that hill in the center of the LH , and passing this point to the left , you enter in the "Meus " (Priest's/church's) territory .

blacklh.jpg

somehiker

Silver Member
May 1, 2007
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
You made an important observation:

In the field, where the chain of symbols play out in progression as described on the priest side of the H/P stone, associated with each numerical juncture, there is a recurring symbol which you have seen; three in total, one large, two small. It is this symbol which is hinted at with the use of the word meus ("If anyone would come after me..."). If you recognize this fragment of a bible passage, you will recognize it is the only instance where "personal possession," in a sense, is encouraged. It is all the more appropriate since the last one points to where the real path begins... descensus in cuniculi cavum.

It is IMHO, why, on the CP paper, meus is both at the beginning and the end of the "sunrise" array of symbols, just as in the field, this same symbol is both the first and the last..

On the UTM, I have a feeling that the dagger is pointing to right where the smaller priest is. If so, it would suggest that the UTM is relevant to the priest side, and the LTM more to the horse side, especially with the proliferation of 3's.

Important, yes.
And if you look to the right hand side of the PS, so is that v-shaped notch on the scratched-on heart.
The lonely red heart that I've previously posted photos of,..... note the lump on the upper right of the rock...., is also more important than I had thought it was as well, especially in dimensions, as is the "SANTAFE" on the same end of that stone.

100_1106sm.png

This symbol is the one I am focused on at present, rather than what we have already found.....

spanish triangle.jpg

Last edited:

markmar

Silver Member
Oct 17, 2012
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Wayne

What you see as a triangle on the heart scratched at the right hand of the PS , is a deformation which belongs to the stone tablet surface .

somehiker

Silver Member
May 1, 2007
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Wayne

What you see as a triangle on the heart scratched at the right hand of the PS , is a deformation which belongs to the stone tablet surface .

You are certainly free to believe what you wish to, Marius.
But I suspect the mapmaker was trying to tell us something.
Perhaps the "COAZON" (missing "R") mentioned on the stone...."BUSCA EL COAZON"....is actually the heart in my photo.
What's in the yellow circle appears to confirm this as well.
It works that way for me-----8-)

BW Priest 1 c.jpg 100_1106sm c.jpg

If you don't see the connection, feel free to ignore any or all of these comparisons.

Last edited:

deducer

Bronze Member
Jan 7, 2014
Primary Interest:
Other
Important, yes.
And if you look to the right hand side of the PS, so is that v-shaped notch on the scratched-on heart.
The lonely red heart that I've previously posted photos of,..... note the lump on the upper right of the rock...., is also more important than I had thought it was as well, especially in dimensions, as is the "SANTAFE" on the same end of that stone.

View attachment 1380211

This symbol is the one I am focused on at present, rather than what we have already found.....

View attachment 1380215

I never really got anywhere with the SANTAFE etched on the side, because I always thought that it applied to the horse side, but now in light of what you imply, that it in fact applies to the priest side, a few things suddenly make sense. I will have to "pasto" on this.

That it was bracketed by the two lines wrapping around the stone on the horse side didn't make any sense to me.

Last edited:

somehiker

Silver Member
May 1, 2007
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
It was the orientation of the word that also had me off track for the longest time, until I realized that in order to read the word right-side-up, the stone had to be turned over....Priest-side-up. AND that the heart itself could be a symbol for the mapmaker's own "Holy Faith".
Very clever, but it gets even better further down that trail.

Last edited:

somehiker

Silver Member
May 1, 2007
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
" I will have to "pasto" on this."

Consider the learned men we might be following.
"The Styx is a river in Greek mythology that formed the boundary between Earth and the Underworld."

Last edited:

deducer

Bronze Member
Jan 7, 2014
Primary Interest:
Other
It was the orientation of the word that also had me off track for the longest time, until I realized that in order to read the word right-side-up, the stone had to be turned over....Priest-side-up. AND that the heart itself could be a symbol for the mapmaker's own "Holy Faith".
Very clever, but it gets even better further down that trail.

For me, this new information puts the large hillside rubble heart on the backside (to which that erect red heart presumably refers to) in a whole new light, especially with the new positioning of SANTAFE.

If it does refer to the area that I think it does, this then becomes a much bigger endeavor than I previously imagined.

markmar

Silver Member
Oct 17, 2012
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
You are certainly free to believe what you wish to, Marius.
But I suspect the mapmaker was trying to tell us something.
Perhaps the "COAZON" (missing "R") mentioned on the stone...."BUSCA EL COAZON"....is actually the heart in my photo.
What's in the yellow circle appears to confirm this as well.
It works that way for me-----8-)

View attachment 1380395 View attachment 1380396

If you don't see the connection, feel free to ignore any or all of these comparisons.

To ignore is not in my character and I have learned to hear others opinions .
I believe how could exist a connection between the rubble stone heart from your photo with the scratched heart under the word " Coazon " from the PS , but only as a sign to follow to the real LH .
To me , more important is the " -M " symbol at the right of the scratched heart from the PS . Is what says the third and the fourth verse on the PS . The transition from the " Mapa " to the " Coazon " , not in the order which are written on the stone , but how these two are situated in the field . Also the line shows the only accessible place to approach the LH .
I believe the word " Coazon " is a misspelling like many other words on these stone tablets/maps .

If you believe how what I'm writing is a guess or a fictional story , feel free to ignore too .

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread