Silver Member
Feb 13, 2006
New Hampshire - USA
Detector(s) used
Fisher CZ21, Teknetics T2 & Minelab Sovereign GT
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Re: 2011 DUTCH HUNTER'S RENDEZVOUS

I've run across lots of those mylar balloons wrapped up in mesquite trees and such during hikes out there too. If I can reach them safely, I dig them out and pack them out as garbage - I always expect to find one of those school kids notes attached, but haven't seen one yet.

Frank - glad the problem was caught early and I hope your diet and exercise are able to keep the diabetes in check. My family has a history of that as well, which is the main reason my wife and I started a major exercise program a couple months ago and I'm slowly changing my diet as well.

As Joe is fond of saying, "it's hell getting old."

Loke

Mar 24, 2010
Republic of Texas
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting

Cubfan64 said:
As Joe is fond of saying, "it's hell getting old."

Hmmm - I wouldn't know!

(sorry, I just couldn't resist that li'l dig - seeing I'm probably one of the more senior here ... RdT excepted of course)

Nov 8, 2004
Alamos,Sonora,Mexico
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting

Loker, you posted --> sorry, I just couldn't resist that li'l dig - seeing I'm probably one of the more senior here ... RdT excepted of course)

Here lies loker, who couldn't resist
he made pore Rdt a little bit psst'

so off they went to the tune of Ivan skavinsky skavar
they put on a show that drew peeps from near and far

the end was predictable when pore loker fell in disgrace
when it was shown that he couldn't put ole RdT in his place

Now life has returned tranquil and nice
ever since loker was put in his place.

:coffee2: :coffee2: & smooches mi good friend hehehehe loved your post.

Don Jose de La Mancha

Nov 8, 2004
Alamos,Sonora,Mexico
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting

duster you posted : -->Real...Is that why some things that you post are half-baked?
:coffee2: :coffee2: duster mi compadre and good friend: It took you 4 1/2 months to come into this world, if anything I would sugggest that you came in half baked? Need any help in leaving it? hehheeh

Hi and a good morning my friend, that was a cute post that you made, loved it heheee.

Don Jose de La Mancha

Nov 8, 2004
Alamos,Sonora,Mexico
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting

Beth you need a vacation from that roy guy. broad can mean many things depending upon the intent or context of the saying..

generally speaking it originated in the 20's and 30's from gangster slang. The end interpretation is in the category of -->.

you S.O.B is an excellent example.

A) you ole SOB: generally an extremely affectionate useage.

B) You are a SOB: generally fighting words, or very derogatory.

No one, knowing my particular admiration for the Good Lords work in creating well flung together 'Broads' just for me, can have any other conclusion than it falls under (A). sigh.

Don Jose de La Mancha

OP
OP
cactusjumper

cactusjumper

Gold Member
Dec 10, 2005
Arizona

Frank,

Sugar in moderation is not the real problem for most of us. Bad news for us Italians is that pasta (carbohydrates) can put you on your face. Found that out the hard way. Fell flat on my face on our bathroom tile floor once. ::)

Watch those bad boy carb's.

Glad you caught it before something really serious happened.

On all counts I am glad you made it to the Rendezvous.

Take care,

Joe

mrs.oroblanco

Silver Member
Jan 2, 2008
Black Hills of South Dakota
Detector(s) used
Tesoro Lobo & Garrett Stinger
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting

Joe,

Yep, we love our pasta. However, the body doesn't see "pasta", it sees "ah, ha! Instant energy - let all that other stuff go to the liver". Of course, if your Langerhans (pancreas components) is working correctly, it doesn't affect your sugar levels, ever.

Plus, we have that dammed genetic thing - just like cholesterol - we cannot get away from that. (sucks). When I was 68 pounds heavier, I was pre-diabetic) and really had nowhere to go with that, because I really eat very healthy. (I eat salad every day - with olive oil and wine vinegar), so, for me, it was obviously a weight issue - and a "get off your butt" issue - like a lot of other folks, I just assumed that working 12 hours a day would be enough exercise. (all on my feet). It wasn't.

My mother-in-law (not italian) had the same thing happen, Joe. One second she was ok, the next second we were picking her up off the floor, and she didn't remember a thing (except that she split her nose open). It reminded me of that Cheech and Chong movie, where they are in court, and the table jumps up and hits him in the face (it really didn't, but thats what it was like to him). I can say "ha, ha" now, but, at the time, it wasn't funny.

I'm also happy when someone finds out they have a problem - and does what it takes to control it - before it does real damage. Its so much easier to manage when it is taken care of early - some folks aren't that lucky - or aware - and might not have gone to the doctor.

Its ALL good!!

Beth

Attachments

• high five.gif
    high five.gif
    3.1 KB · Views: 1,167

Gossamer

Apr 1, 2008
AZ

Hello All...
Joe thank you and your beautiful spouse Carolyn again for your hospitality, I had a grand time!!

It was so wonderful to sit and listen to all the stories and finally put faces with posters.

Oro and Mrs. Oro, I really enjoyed meeting you both, you guys are really interesting and what great insight.

Randy as always, you are so gracious to the one odd duck in the camp (me) I appreciate someone keeping me from falling on my face.

sgtfda, I'm so glad you got to the bottom of that, take care it is nothing to mess with.

To all if you didn't go, you missed a very fun time, to those that did.. thank you for your patience with me.
Janiece

sgtfda

Bronze Member
Feb 5, 2004
Mesa Arizona

Thanks everyone! Caught just in time. True the diet is a big change. You do what you need to do. I'm back to my old self. Was cutting the sky grass today (palms) what a pain in the

Oroblanco

Gold Member
Jan 21, 2005
DAKOTA TERRITORY
Detector(s) used
Tesoro Lobo Supertraq, (95%) Garrett Scorpion (5%)

Janiece - it was great to finally meet you too! :icon_thumleft: :icon_thumright: <2 thumbs up!> We had a great time and wish there were more time, may have to get one of those little pocket tape recorders for next time; can't trust memory to keep all the great information and stories.

Frank, sorry to hear that news but it is good that you now know and can take the necessary steps to preserve your health. I am glad that the fall did not occur on the edge of a cliff or other potentially lethal spot.
Roy

:coffee2: :coffee2:

txtea

Nov 16, 2009

My apologies for the late post....been busy with work and such. Hate when that happens. :whip2:

Wanted to give a big thanks to Joe and his lovely wife Carolyn for their hospitality. The food was great!
Many thanks to all the others that made this newby feel welcome....I was camped on top the hill with the blue truck and awnings. Didn't get to spend as much time as I wanted shooting the bull with everyone....did the tourist thing and enjoyed the scenery, sunsets and stars. Very relaxing! Thank you Ken (dustcap) for pointing out who was who and sharing some good stories. :coffee2: Thanks to Tim for talking me into that 2nd bowl of chili! :headbang:
I'm terrible remembering names, but glad I got to meet most of you....good people!
BB...glad you could make it! You did what you said you were gonna do....hats off to ya. (still wondering what was in that heavy bag I seen you loading in the trunk of the car) :tongue3:
Got to visit a few places I've only read about in the area...Superstition Museum (finally got to see those stone maps), Casa Grande ruins, took the Apache Trail thru to Globe ...beautiful! Lots more places and things to see out that way...maybe next road trip! :thumbsup:

Txtea

OP
OP
cactusjumper

cactusjumper

Gold Member
Dec 10, 2005
Arizona

Txtea,

Thank you for the kind words. This years event epitomizes the reasoning behind the creation of the Dutch Hunter's Rendezvous.

Carolyn and I were very happy with how it turned out. Met a lot of new folks, and met a number of Internet friends for the first time. Last time we saw Ernie Provence was around 40-years ago. Rumor was he had passed away.

IMG_9479.jpg

Ernie Provence, Joe Ribaudo and Bob Corbin.

Take care,

Joe

Gossamer

Apr 1, 2008
AZ
thought I posted here... lol

This new format is going to interesting... I think.
I posted yesterday on this forum, and its gone? sob.
LOL, I'm planning to come and visit.
Joe you and Carolyn did such an amazing job hosting this, I understand why you guys need a rest, but thank you for the wonderful time last year!!! And the year before etc.
Is Bob Corbin coming, that man has the most amazing stories! I have more questions.
Janiece/gossamer

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread