Does This Area Most Match the Legends and Maps?

What percentage of a match, with publicly known legends and maps, do you think the "final area&

• 100%

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • 80%

• 60%

• 40%

• 30%

• 20%

• 0%

• Got no idea!

• Total voters

EE THr

Silver Member
Apr 21, 2008
Central California
Remember folks, it's only a legend, so no need to take it too seriously!

And the thread is only based on publically known stories, clues, and maps; most of which are in links given within the thread. The ones I went by are, anyway.

Here is a link to a page showing the final area that I traced down, using the above information.

I don't know for certain if the Lost Dutchman Mine ever existed in the first place, and if it did, I don't know if it still exists, or if someone found it already. My only purpose in this thread was to try and find if there was one area where most of the known clues and maps would fit.

As explained in the beginning of the thread, since few of the publically available maps made any sense at all, I allowed for "human error and estimation," and the interposing of symbols with actual landmarks, as that may have been the intention of whoever made these hand drawn maps.

Please simply vote your hunch, best guess, or judgement of the material presented. Like I said, it's not all that serious of a thing, and it is, after all, based on legends. Remember, as others have often said, "treasure maps and stories are a dime-a-dozen!"

:coffee2:

P.S. There's no way to know who voted for what, so your input is anonymous. 8)

Also feel free to leave comments, too.

OP
OP
EE THr

EE THr

Silver Member
Apr 21, 2008
Central California
Real de Tayopa Tropical Tramp said:
Hio mi coffee drining buddy EE :coffee2: :coffee2:, since I have no idea I posted 0, 50 % and 100%. OK?

Don Jose de La Mancha

That should just about cover the bases, all right! :laughing7:

:coffee2: :coffee2:

JackH

Feb 26, 2011
Central Pennsylvania, ex SoCal
Detector(s) used
White's DFX
Thank You EE,

It was time for someone to place this kind of format on the subject again.

I for One question the Sleeping Lady ? What part of the Woman is supposed to be expressed ?

I love Women, I could be called a Feminist because of it, so no disrespect to the female anatomy is implied.

First, who interpreted which physical part of the body and when ?

I have an Area within My concern that could be described as well !

What we are trying to decipher is the Spanish way of thinking in the 19th century, as not to give exact directions on a (treasure map).......Jack

OP
OP
EE THr

EE THr

Silver Member
Apr 21, 2008
Central California
I have wondered why the term "Sleeping Lady" is on that map, myself. I don't remember reading any reason for it, I do remember a story where a squaw gave the directions to someone, but I don't know where I read it.

I don't expect that, if there is some formation that looks like the name, it would be readily recognizable from Google Earth, though.

My only interest in it is the general layout of the supposed landmarks.

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread