Lost Dutchman and the Superstitions, Cursed?

Do you believe that the Lost Dutchman Mine and/or the Superstition Mountains are cursed?

• Total voters

sgtfda

Bronze Member
Feb 5, 2004
Mesa Arizona
Toxic fumes from a volcano can affect the mind while sleeping in a area the fumes are concentrated thus a feeling you are being strangled. Toxic air. You are laying on the ground sleeping where the fumes may concentrate. Just because a volcano is inactive does not mean things don't leak out. Even small amounts can cause issues. Perhaps some areas inside the mountain are toxic.

OP
OP
Oroblanco

Oroblanco

Gold Member
Jan 21, 2005
DAKOTA TERRITORY
Detector(s) used
Tesoro Lobo Supertraq, (95%) Garrett Scorpion (5%)
HEY!!! bogus poll...how come everyone , except true believers in fantasy, are unmasked in the poll results?

I have no idea why or how that is doing that. :dontknow: However I take exception to your statement about "true believers in fantasy" remark. Can you prove there are no such things as curses? Can you explain all of the many deaths and disappearances in the Superstitions? Would you not agree that there are some strange "endings" for people in the Superstition mountains?

Most people who believe in a religion, believe in such things as blessings and curses. The bible for example, has many of both.

Oroblanco

Jan 2, 2013
somewhere between flagstaff, preskit
Detector(s) used
Whites prism III
Primary Interest:
Relic Hunting
no sir: sorry...was just funnin'

i do believe something is going on out there that is beyond modern understanding...also beyond mono theistic religions.
which is why i gained a degree in native american religions..
there is just no clear answer at this time.

Hal Croves

Silver Member
Sep 25, 2010
no sir: sorry...was just funnin'

i do believe something is going on out there that is beyond modern understanding...also beyond mono theistic religions.
which is why i gained a degree in native american religions..
there is just no clear answer at this time.

Only because we ask ambiguous questions.
"You see this! This is this!"
Michael - The Deer Hunter

Springfield

Silver Member
Apr 19, 2003
New Mexico
Detector(s) used
BS
The Superstition range is tough country, which likely gets more than its fair share of visitors due in part to the LDM and PS stories. Many of the deaths there have been caused by exposure to the elements and fatal accidents - brought about by an inordinate number of under-experienced and under-prepared pilgrims looking for 'treasure' due to the appealing publicity surrounding the 'legends'. These people may have entered the mountains even without knowing these legends, but it's a safe bet they would likely have kept to the recreational trails and not put themselves in harm's way looking for gold off-trail. They drastically increased their chances of trouble in doing so.

Other Superstition deaths were perpetrated by delusional maniacs murdering people who found themselves too close to the lunatics' favored treasure hunting spot in the mountains. The killers were originally spurred on by the same reasons their victims were - treasure stories. Gold. They may have been out in the sun too many times and went gonzo.

I imagine you could change the lost mine venue from the Superstition Mountains to some other remote, tough terrain and get similar results. Say, some remote side drainage or peak in the Grand Canyon off the recreational trails. Plenty of good places to die down there too - it's hot, steep and dangerous, just like the Superstitions. The Superstitions have a relatively high death toll (more so than other remote dangerous country) primarily because the LDM/PS promoters have successfully enticed the gullible public on these treasure tales. It's bad enough that unprepared hikers have taken too many extreme chances and perished, but it's even worse that a dangerous subculture of lunatics have also been fostered that lurk in those hills.

A grim record of tragedy? Yeah, ... but 'cursed'? I'd call it bad behavior and naivety on many people's parts - lots of potential human folly concentrated in one area. A curse requires someone to have applied the curse in the first place. Exactly who would that have been? Jacob Waltz? The Aztecs? The Apaches? When?

Nov 8, 2004
Alamos,Sonora,Mexico
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Well gentlemen Pipi included, we are delving into the para normal, and yes, bad thoughts, accidentally or otherwise, can have a subtle, and at times, not so subtle effect. In the case of Voo Doo, contrary to popular opinion or stories, it definitely does have an effect without the recipient of the thought consciously, knowing of it.

This is a can of worms which I studied and experimented with, extensively for some 10 - 12 years.

Don Jose de La Mancha

Nov 8, 2004
Alamos,Sonora,Mexico
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
G'd afternoon Pipi, I plead the fifth, while it still lasts. But, how does a private coffee session on Native beliefs etc. sound? On second thought, since this is a public forum, let's descend upon Oro de Tayopa and milk him of his findings in sheep theology and psychology?

I understand that he is also an expert in sheep Physiology.

For thought power check on the UKACO device, it works, at least for me it does.

Don Jose de La Mancha

p.s. any available windmill around your area?

sgtfda

Bronze Member
Feb 5, 2004
Mesa Arizona
The Pitt mine was found and cleaned out in the wilderness area. If it was or was not the LDM it still happened. I bet the same would happen to any other rich deposit. The exception would be either a honest person or someone seeking fame.

Springfield

Silver Member
Apr 19, 2003
New Mexico
Detector(s) used
BS
The Pitt mine was found and cleaned out in the wilderness area. If it was or was not the LDM it still happened. I bet the same would happen to any other rich deposit. The exception would be either a honest person or someone seeking fame.

Not many would trade a pile of money for fickle fame, I'd guess. And as a cop, you ought to know that a person's 'honesty' in a case like this has more to do with his odds of getting caught than it does with 'right or wrong'.

Hal Croves

Silver Member
Sep 25, 2010
There is an old newspapers story about a stage coach drive who predicted his own death at Tortilla Flat.
A 50/50 shot in summer but the story is a good one.

cyzak

Bronze Member
Jul 14, 2018
Mountains of Western Colorado
Detector(s) used
Garrett, General Mathematics, Geometry,Pentax,,Do the math it's there.
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Looks like the Superstition’s claimed another.

Attachments

• A41B3A0F-1EF9-40DF-8964-1080160C55E2.jpeg
    A41B3A0F-1EF9-40DF-8964-1080160C55E2.jpeg
    4 MB · Views: 105

minetres

Mar 13, 2008
Looks like the Superstition’s claimed another.
I'm a retired Government Employee, and I worked with a man 8 years ago who became a friend, whom I wanted to bring in to a treasure project with me and my partners. He used to work with the mules for the park system at the Grand Canyon. This man also is a Treasure hunter, with many skills. He told me he was hired by Bob Corbin to bring in 20 mules to haul Lumber and supplies into the Superstitions to dig out the Lost Dutchman. They went to the Geronimo Cave with a large crew of men and dug a slight depression in the ground that became a tunnel. Inside the tunnel they found the rich vain of Gold that looked just like the Gold found with Jacob Waltz. My friend said they tried to keep every thing quite and he was not allowed to see all of what was found, but he saw enough. He still works at the base I retired from, and I just want to say he is an honest man, and I believe him. So it looks like the mine has been truly been found, some time ago.

Minetres

cyzak

Bronze Member
Jul 14, 2018
Mountains of Western Colorado
Detector(s) used
Garrett, General Mathematics, Geometry,Pentax,,Do the math it's there.
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I'm a retired Government Employee, and I worked with a man 8 years ago who became a friend, whom I wanted to bring in to a treasure project with me and my partners. He used to work with the mules for the park system at the Grand Canyon. This man also is a Treasure hunter, with many skills. He told me he was hired by Bob Corbin to bring in 20 mules to haul Lumber and supplies into the Superstitions to dig out the Lost Dutchman. They went to the Geronimo Cave with a large crew of men and dug a slight depression in the ground that became a tunnel. Inside the tunnel they found the rich vain of Gold that looked just like the Gold found with Jacob Waltz. My friend said they tried to keep every thing quite and he was not allowed to see all of what was found, but he saw enough. He still works at the base I retired from, and I just want to say he is an honest man, and I believe him. So it looks like the mine has been truly been found, some time ago.

Minetres
What years were they out in the Sups doing this excavation if you do not mind telling please.

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread