Greenie
Sep 27, 2014
Santee, California
Detector(s) used
"BOUNTY HUNTER"/"TIME RANGER"
Primary Interest:
Other
Myth of the Lost Dutchman Gold Mine

Oh boy, clues to something that doesn't exist...

Truth exists in every myth. If one reads the book titled: The Bible on the Lost Dutchman Gold Mine and Jacob Waltz (ISBN: 1-879356-59-7) by Helen Corbin and between the lines and the lies one can fine the Lost Dutchman Gold mine. The "GERMAN clues as stated in the article: THE "GERMAN CLUES" (link removed by mod, no links to other forums) listed below appear to be correct. Sincerely, Crazy Old Man

Last edited by a moderator:

Crazy Old Man

Greenie
Sep 27, 2014
Santee, California
Detector(s) used
"BOUNTY HUNTER"/"TIME RANGER"
Primary Interest:
Other
Jacob Waltz (The Lost Dutchman) is assumed to have died from Alzhiemrer"s

How did Julia,and Petrasch know german? And if they didnt,they wrote all that down,not knowing german,as he spoke it.
Pretty good writing for not knowing german.
Waltz must have been off his rocker.
Why would someone who lived in Phoenix,by the salt,go north to the verde,then to the salt,then south to where he was going to.
Why not go east,and then north a few miles.

When Jacob Waltz returned to his room behind Julia's bakery he only was clothed in his pants and he was confused. In addition, there were sacks of gold to his belt. This highly unusual for a man with Jacob Waltz's knowledge of the desert. For this reason it is assumed he dementia (short-term memory lost) which was caused by Alzheimer's disease. Accordingly, the instructions he gave to Julia were based on his long term memory and based on his initial visit to the Lost Dutchman Mine. His initial journey to the Lost Dutchman Mine probably started at Fort MC Dowel.. A copy of these instructions titled: "THE GERMAN CLUES" are available at (link removed by mod, no links to other forums) According to my research about the Lost Dutchman Mine these clues are correct and correspond to my interpretation of the Peralta Stones. In short, At his end time the Lost Dutchman, Jacob Waltz was "Off his rocker". Sincerely, Crazy Old Man P.S. Eureka!

Last edited by a moderator:

markmar

Silver Member
Oct 17, 2012
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Crazy Old Man

You wrote : " According to my research about the Lost Dutchman Mine these clues are correct and correspond to my interpretation of the Peralta Stones. "

Why you believe these clues are correct ? Can you explain if you want ?

Treasure_Hunter

Administrator
Staff member
Jul 27, 2006
Florida
Detector(s) used
Minelab_Equinox_ 800 Minelab_CTX-3030 Minelab_Excal_1000 Minelab_Sovereign_GT Minelab_Safari Minelab_ETrac Whites_Beach_Hunter_ID Fisher_1235_X
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Crazy Old Man, no links to other treasure forums.

Loke

Mar 24, 2010
Republic of Texas
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I _know_ these are the rules, and I have always abided by them ( and always will). However, I _would_ like to know the rational behind it ...

markmar

Silver Member
Oct 17, 2012
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
The German clues to the LDM :

Image2.jpg
Image3.jpg
Imagea4.jpg
Image5.jpg

Not Peralta

Bronze Member
Mar 23, 2013
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Marius,Amigo.:coffee2:Did Jacob Waltz get specific information passed on to him,was he actually a Jewish-German Immigrant. That would explain a lot of the mystery.:dontknow:NP

markmar

Silver Member
Oct 17, 2012
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Marius,Amigo.:coffee2:Did Jacob Waltz get specific information passed on to him,was he actually a Jewish-German Immigrant. That would explain a lot of the mystery.:dontknow:NP

For sure Waltz got info about the Sombrero mine . No way to find it without info or a big dose of luck .

Oroblanco

Gold Member
Jan 21, 2005
DAKOTA TERRITORY
Detector(s) used
Tesoro Lobo Supertraq, (95%) Garrett Scorpion (5%)
For sure Waltz got info about the Sombrero mine . No way to find it without info or a big dose of luck .

Marius, may I ask why you have reached this conclusion about Waltz and the Sombrero mine? Thank you in advance.

:coffee2: :coffee2: :coffee: :coffee2:

Hal Croves

Silver Member
Sep 25, 2010
Marius, may I ask why you have reached this conclusion about Waltz and the Sombrero mine? Thank you in advance.

Markmar/Oroblanco

"Jacob Waltz filed a letter of intent to become a citizen of the United States at the Adams County Courthouse in Natchez, Mississippi on November 12, 1848. This is one of the first actual documents Waltz’s name appears on in America."
Tom Kollenborn

That Waltz was in Natchez in the fall of 48' is confirmed by a newspaper ad for undelivered mail... a J. Waltz is on that list (I posted this somewhere). Getting to Natchez would have been by the overland Natchez Trace from Nashville or by river boat from New Orleans. If Waltz was moving west, he would have almost certainly traveled to New Orleans first, then up river by steamboat. The Peraltas had a land claim in Mississippi, Baton Rouge, LA, and Arizona and Captain La Barge was piloting the river at that same time.

So, IMO, there are a number of possible scenarios where Waltz could have been told about the wealth of Arizona or, as markark is suggesting, about a specific location in the Superstitions. But.... and there is always a big but, why the long wait? 1848 - 1871.

Ways to reach Natchez:
Early Migration Trails, Jefferson County, MS

markmar

Silver Member
Oct 17, 2012
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting

Roy

The Sombrero mine was the richest of the Peraltas ( and others before ) mines and is recognized in the Perfil map ( HOYO ) . This mine satisfied all the Dutchman's clues . Also is close to the arch /tunnel , the famous clue told by many who found the mine .
The Sombrero mine is the initial Waltz shaft which he worked . The real LDM is not the Sombrero , but a small tunnel which is a short distance below ( close to the gold placer known as DESILIENS AQUA AURUM from the Latin heart ) . Maybe for this Waltz needed a dry washing utensil .

markmar

Silver Member
Oct 17, 2012
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Hal

I believe Waltz had the same source like the John Reed's father . John Reed wrote in a letter at http://freepages.genealogy.rootsweb...an/ruth/clark/Reed, Letters 1930s (Rev a).pdf how his father knew about this mine long before Waltz . Also no gun fired when the two men were meeting at the mine . This reaction tells us how Waltz knew Reed or they had the same confidential source which would made them like " partners " but not friends .
I believe John Reed knew about the arch/ tunnel clue , but he kept it secret from Erwin Ruth and Clay Worst .. Maybe he wanted to be present when his friends would find the mine . When they searched for the mine , John was looking for this landmark but he didn't know how it could be seen only from a specific angle and from a specific spot .

nobodie

Jul 17, 2015
Phx. A.Z.
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I guess maybe I'll throw my 2 cents in. The 3 trees are off the trail about 100 feet up what J.W. called second water. The stone face across the gulch, is not across from the mine but across from the cache. The clues are mixed together.

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest Discussions