CLUES TO THE LOST DUTCMAN MINE

gollum

Gold Member
Jan 2, 2006
Arizona Vagrant
Detector(s) used
Minelab SD2200D (Modded)/ Whites GMT 24k / Fisher FX-3 / Fisher Gold Bug II / Fisher Gemini / Schiebel MIMID / Falcon MD-20
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Nobodie and Markmar,

You both post with certainty that what you post is the absolute truth. Markmar never having been in the Supers, and Nobodie, I don't know your level of history with the DLM, but sweeping certain statements make most people not pay much attention to what someone posts. There are people here with 40-50 years experience with the DLM. Even they have learned not to make statements of certainty about this subject. Just about the time you think you have it figured out, you learn something new that throws your old ideas in the bin.

Here is a little truth y'all should both keep in mind: Unless you know something nobody else does, there are very few certain facts regarding the DLM. That's all you need to keep in mind.

Mike

nobodie

Jul 17, 2015
Phx. A.Z.
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Mike, I have been following the forums for a hand full of years and there are only a couple of people who I value their opinions, you are one of them. I started searching about 25 years ago for the LDM. Right now I am looking for the 2 caches. That means yes I have. I have crawled under a large thicket of scrub oak on the side of a canyon to get to the other side,afraid that I would run into a rattlesnake. I have crawled on my hands and knees up a side of a mountain so steep that if I stood up I would have fallen. I have Searched in the middle of summer doing 13 miles round trips. I have slipped down a slope right into cacti, I had to peel my pants off because they were stapled to my body. I drove home in my underwear, my wife came out with a sheet laughing so hard that she had tears in her eyes. She was still laughing when she was pulling the thorns from my butt, I think she was trying to torture me. Man it hurt. I have fallen off a 5 foot cliff I really don't know what to call it but it was 5 feet deep and landed on my back. When my back let's me I go out, I won't stop. I
do not have all the research that all the experts have but I get down and dirty. Everybody Deering, the 2 soldiers, and Gassler found it, why can't someone today have found it. Using the maps that have helped me find it I am looking for the caches. If I do find it I will try to post it or like the others I will disappear.

Nov 8, 2004
Alamos,Sonora,Mexico
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
So NO-Bodie, you have found that the cactus serves as a rather rough stop also. My introduction to that little trick involved an Hecho, which is very similar to a Sahuaro course you haven't mentioned the tender, loving, care of the
Cholla, which has sleeved spines..

gollum

Gold Member
Jan 2, 2006
Arizona Vagrant
Detector(s) used
Minelab SD2200D (Modded)/ Whites GMT 24k / Fisher FX-3 / Fisher Gold Bug II / Fisher Gemini / Schiebel MIMID / Falcon MD-20
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
So NO-Bodie, you have found that the cactus serves as a rather rough stop also. My introduction to that little trick involved an Hecho, which is very similar to a Sahuaro course you haven't mentioned the tender, loving, care of the
Cholla, which has sleeved spines..

......and dont forget those oh so hooked needles. The trick to taking out Cholla Spines/Burrs is to first use a comb, then for what's left, use pliers:

GRAB - TWIST - PULL! Each spine until all gone. HAHAHA

Mike

markmar

Silver Member
Oct 17, 2012
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Nobodie and Markmar,

You both post with certainty that what you post is the absolute truth. Markmar never having been in the Supers, and Nobodie, I don't know your level of history with the DLM, but sweeping certain statements make most people not pay much attention to what someone posts. There are people here with 40-50 years experience with the DLM. Even they have learned not to make statements of certainty about this subject. Just about the time you think you have it figured out, you learn something new that throws your old ideas in the bin.

Here is a little truth y'all should both keep in mind: Unless you know something nobody else does, there are very few certain facts regarding the DLM. That's all you need to keep in mind.

Mike

gollum

Also , your post was full of certainty that what you posted is truth . You didn't learn to not make statements of certainty about people who you never met or know .
I hate when people degrading others just to seems smarter or more knowledgeable .

gollum

Gold Member
Jan 2, 2006
Arizona Vagrant
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
gollum

Also , your post was full of certainty that what you posted is truth . You didn't learn to not make statements of certainty about people who you never met or know .
I hate when people degrading others just to seems smarter or more knowledgeable .

Nothing to do with anybody being smarter or more knowledgeable. A lot also depends on what you claim as fact. EVERY statement in my post was on que 100%. YOU, on the other hand, have claimed to have found the Lost Dutchman and the Lost Wagoner Load. ALL WITHOUT EVER HAVING SET FOOT IN THE AREA IN QUESTION! Google Earth should get in touch with you for a commercial!

Mike

markmar

Silver Member
Oct 17, 2012
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Nothing to do with anybody being smarter or more knowledgeable. A lot also depends on what you claim as fact. EVERY statement in my post was on que 100%. YOU, on the other hand, have claimed to have found the Lost Dutchman and the Lost Wagoner Load. ALL WITHOUT EVER HAVING SET FOOT IN THE AREA IN QUESTION! Google Earth should get in touch with you for a commercial!

Mike

You are funny . I never claimed how i found any mine . I'm glad how you have this impression . That shows how my arguments are strong .

gollum

Gold Member
Jan 2, 2006
Arizona Vagrant
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
ouch, do ya have to remind me Gully,Cholla hurts, yet I have seen live stock loaded down with them, particularily theiir nose and mouth - poor criters.

Yeah. A friend of mine's dog was chasing a ground squirrel ....... you know where this is going ....... the most pitiful sound I have ever heard in my life was that dog whimpering and whining with a snout full of Cholla (sounded like me with a low fever HAHAHA).

Mike

nobodie

Jul 17, 2015
Phx. A.Z.
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I think my wife was enjoying my pain to much. I told her that she was doing this on purpose, she said no but laughed louder. No more cacti for me.

nobodie

Jul 17, 2015
Phx. A.Z.
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Fine. The first and second waters are 2 springs in canyons that are next to each other. The springs only run in the winter when there is a good rain. The trail crosses both canyons, the three trees are up second water about 100 feet maybe more. You have to leave the trail to see them.The rock face is across from the cache and not the mine the clues have been mixed together. That is why it is hard to find.

nobodie

Jul 17, 2015
Phx. A.Z.
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
There are 2 trails, the one at 1st and 2nd waters and the directional markers on the stone maps. When they get close to the mine area they joined together. I prefer the 1st and 2nd waters trail, it's a little easier. I know you don't like what I'm saying, and you might ignore me but it's your loss, they are true facts. I am not going to say what is near it because someone might figure it out. I have seen a wrangler with a dude line ride past it, about 150 feet away, and he knows about the mine. Please no guessing.

markmar

Silver Member
Oct 17, 2012
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
nobodie

How you know the region of your mine is the same with the Dutchman's ? And , how many Dutchman's clues are related to your region ?

nobodie

Jul 17, 2015
Phx. A.Z.
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I don't want to give away the area. But I will list everything that I can. Stone foundation across the canyon, 2 caves up the mountain and across from it, the 2 waters and the trail that crosses them, the rock face across the gulch,the 3 pine trees below and up 2nd waters, the horses head, the Holmes map which is not his, and 4 other maps one of which shows the 2 caches, the stone maps trail passes by the mine about 200 feet from it. I am trying to pinpoint the caches but I am limited on how much time I can look because of my back. Believe it or not, it is up to you. Some of the clues are to the caches. To steep for horses.

markmar

Silver Member
Oct 17, 2012
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
nobodie

I posted many times the three pines and the horse head clues . I would like to see GE pictures with yours .

nobodie

Jul 17, 2015
Phx. A.Z.
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
No, I don't want anyone to see my area. I'm not asking for money, not writing a book, and don't want any help. If I show any part of my area I would never be able to go back there. Several years ago I was making plans to dig it up and put everything back the way I found it, I have a guy who could make it look like we were not there. If the Holmes manuscript is correct,there is gold already dug up at the bottom of the mine. I was going to load up my backpacks and leave. But I backed out of that idea,to much trouble.The caches, if I can find them, will be easier to dig up.

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread