J Waltz Gold.PNG
    1.6 MB · Views: 104
Last edited:

deducer

Bronze Member
Jan 7, 2014
Primary Interest:
Other
Too bad the arcana thread went south so fast. It had more activity than most others, including oak island and it's own all to frequent displays of rule breaking.
But it's not like ALL CAPS posts has not been previously mentioned as against the rules within the thread itself.
Not to mention it's a pointless irritation.
Assuming that is what resulted in the locking action by the Mod. Could be I missed something else while I was off-line though ??

I PM'ed the mod who locked the thread and the answer was "members insulting other members."

somehiker

Silver Member
May 1, 2007
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
What's going on with pages 32 and 33 ?
Every time I try to view them, I wind up back here.
Anyone else ?

somehiker

Silver Member
May 1, 2007
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Sailaway, are you sure it's a "Telluride mine"? The reason I ask, I didn't know that and had not heard that before. I thought the term was "electrum", had not heard of any tellurium present?

EDIT: Forgot to add, there are 3 shafts and one tunnel (that connects to the main shaft) at the Silver Chief site.

Just made a post about there being no pg. 33, where I just tried to put a question....what's up mods ?

somehiker

Silver Member
May 1, 2007
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Sailaway, are you sure it's a "Telluride mine"? The reason I ask, I didn't know that and had not heard that before. I thought the term was "electrum", had not heard of any tellurium present?

EDIT: Forgot to add, there are 3 shafts and one tunnel (that connects to the main shaft) at the Silver Chief site.

And certainly not comparable with known LDM samples or what has been said to have come from the pit mine.
Also, not one mention of Telluride gold in all the LDM lore that I've ever reviewed.

jeff of pa

Super Moderator
Staff member
Dec 19, 2003
🥇 Banner finds
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Outta time. Have to head out to my daily rock pile now.
Talk later.
But it doesn't help the flow of the conversation, when you keep deleting your posts and photos, sailaway.
Nor your credibility.....

Note to mods: I've just made two posts, wondering why trying to access pg. 33 takes me back to the top of pg.32.
Neither of those posts show on pg.32 or 33.

Don't know since there are only 10 pages :coffee2:

I Did put a Like on your Last 9 Posts
You can track them That way

000aaa.jpg

Last edited:

Treasure_Hunter

Administrator
Staff member
Jul 27, 2006
Florida
Detector(s) used
Minelab_Equinox_ 800 Minelab_CTX-3030 Minelab_Excal_1000 Minelab_Sovereign_GT Minelab_Safari Minelab_ETrac Whites_Beach_Hunter_ID Fisher_1235_X
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Page count varies depending on your settings, mine are set to 50 posts per page. what is last post number you can access?

Treasure_Hunter

Administrator
Staff member
Jul 27, 2006
Florida
Detector(s) used
Minelab_Equinox_ 800 Minelab_CTX-3030 Minelab_Excal_1000 Minelab_Sovereign_GT Minelab_Safari Minelab_ETrac Whites_Beach_Hunter_ID Fisher_1235_X
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
This post is number 490 but that includes deleted post, mods can still see deleted posts

Al D

Bronze Member
Jul 23, 2011
Gold canyon AZ
Detector(s) used
DJI Air 2S
Primary Interest:
Cache Hunting
I do not mean to derail the topic, but this is a question that I feel is important to answer. C586828C-259C-4FEF-A904-D492992FCCAD.jpeg
the Jesuits lost most of their gold and silver church objects in 1751 when the Pima’s burnt several churches.
Orch gives a very detailed account as does Juan Nentvig in his work, Rudo Ensayo

PotBelly Jim

Dec 8, 2017
Primary Interest:
Other
How many of you even know that there are two audits to the "pit mine" one over the other?
USGS Survey
View attachment 1722446 View attachment 1722451
then somewhere below those two are two more in close proximity to the creek that the USGS could not locate? Therefore no samples were taken from lower area.

attachment is within the map area above (photo taken from the known trail )

Sailaway,

One other thing regarding the Jinks Report: I think the samples 6, 7 and 8, and adits you referenced, are further to the SE of the Silver Chief, in the area of the the Chloride King. IMO, the grab samples 9 and 10 are taken from the area of the Silver Chief. Keep in mind, when the samples were taken, the 2 smaller shafts of the Silver Chief were filled in, and the main shaft was covered. There was only one adit at the Silver Chief, the tunnel which intersected the main shaft, which was walled up. There are adits around the Sky Blue and Chloride King, which is what I think is represented on Jinks' map near samples 6, 7 and 8. (EDIT: I should have said "Ore Cart Mine", as it's possible the Sky Blue, Chloride King, etc. are mislabeled on Gustavus Cox's map of the Roger's District.)

View attachment 1722746

View attachment 1722747

Last edited:

markmar

Silver Member
Oct 17, 2012
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
What is your opinion about the " to find my mine you must pass a cow barn " clue?

markmar

Silver Member
Oct 17, 2012
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
IMO, this clue is the last thing before the cave/tunnel passage to the mine/s. Now is very hard to recognize it because has colapsed and is almost covered by the brush. Only a tiny line of its contour could be seen if you know where to look and if you know was there.
But where is it if we would put it in a story? Remember the Reed's story which was describing to Clay Worst the route to the mine?
Reed said, he and his father went about one mile up canyon from the water hole, and where the canyon has some branches close to its head, they got that to the right for about 1/4 mile until the mine site. The corral is at the left on the trail at about a 1/4 of that 1/4 mile.
I post a GE image of this landmark just to see how is looking now

View attachment 1729770

Oroblanco

Gold Member
Jan 21, 2005
DAKOTA TERRITORY
Detector(s) used
Tesoro Lobo Supertraq, (95%) Garrett Scorpion (5%)
IMO, this clue is the last thing before the cave/tunnel passage to the mine/s. Now is very hard to recognize it because has colapsed and is almost covered by the brush. Only a tiny line of its contour could be seen if you know where to look and if you know was there.
But where is it if we would put it in a story? Remember the Reed's story which was describing to Clay Worst the route to the mine?
Reed said, he and his father went about one mile up canyon from the water hole, and where the canyon has some branches close to its head, they got that to the right for about 1/4 mile until the mine site. The corral is at the left on the trail at about a 1/4 of that 1/4 mile.
I post a GE image of this landmark just to see how is looking now

View attachment 1729770

Do you really think Abe Reid knew Waltz, and knew where the mine was? There is a rather big issue involved, Reid remembered that it was a PLACER mine and not a hard rock mine. It is a big problem in my opinion, but I would like to hear your thoughts/reasoning, thanks in advance.

:coffee2: :coffee2: :coffee:

somehiker

Silver Member
May 1, 2007
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Do you really think Abe Reid knew Waltz, and knew where the mine was? There is a rather big issue involved, Reid remembered that it was a PLACER mine and not a hard rock mine. It is a big problem in my opinion, but I would like to hear your thoughts/reasoning, thanks in advance.

John Reed...... from Gary Cundiff's site...by Clay Worst and from The Superstition Mountain Journal

http://freepages.rootsweb.com/~gcun...ark/John Reed Story and the Lost Dutchman.pdf

markmar

Silver Member
Oct 17, 2012
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting

Roy

I was writing about John Reed, who was the person that described to Clay Worst the route to the LDM.
Now , the characteristic given to the LDM as a placer mine, I believe was because is located at the bottom of a side canyon. Maybe this helped the draining water to uncover the vein before become a mine.

Last edited:

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest Discussions