Searching for a stone house?? Message from Dr. Thomas Glover...

markmar

Silver Member
Oct 17, 2012
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I have a map from 1903 about a high graded silver cache from the " old King Mine " ( maybe stolen ) , which shows how a grave ( I supose the soldier's ) is south from the Miners Needle on the Milk Ranch trail . I tell this because the grave is involved in the measurements .
So , this could explain how this region was a robbers hideout , and maybe explain why Tom have found the 1858 half dollar .
I post a part of this map .

Grave.jpg

sgtfda

Bronze Member
Feb 5, 2004
Mesa Arizona
A photo of high grade silver ore from the Silver King. A gift from Jack.

image-1082507225.jpg

Worth carrying all the way to the needle and caching. I don't think so. Looked over a local geologists stuff the other day. He has a large collection of Arizona native silver. It just not worth high grading and caching. Plus the nice metallic ore can have a high lead content and that stuff is heavy. Now gold. That's a different story. So Marius when you read story's such a high graded silver ore being hauled away and stashed in the Superstitions. Take it for what it's worth. Not much. In this case the red flag is silver ore.

markmar

Silver Member
Oct 17, 2012
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Sarge

In the map is not written the word " ore " . Is written " Map on Silver cache near Bark's ranch -
Silver high graded from old King Mine - 1903 "

sgtfda

Bronze Member
Feb 5, 2004
Mesa Arizona
Marius. The cowboys that worked the Circle U Ranch would tell a story about silver bars buried near the ranch. Tom told me this story but said he had no info backing up the incident. So I would concentrate on silver bars. Ill be in the area and will check it out. Do you know the map history? Next time I talk to Jack ill ask if there could be anything behind this story involving the mine.

Last edited:

Somero

Sep 10, 2012
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Marius. The cowboys that worked the Circle U Ranch would tell a story about silver bars buried near the ranch. Tom told me this story but said he had no info backing up the incident. So I would concentrate on silver bars. Ill be in the area and will check it out. Do you know the map history? Next time I talk to Jack ill ask if there could be anything behind this story involving the mine.

Can I go too Sarge?

cactusjumper

Gold Member
Dec 10, 2005
Arizona
A photo of high grade silver ore from the Silver King. A gift from Jack.

View attachment 1041810

Worth carrying all the way to the needle and caching. I don't think so. Looked over a local geologists stuff the other day. He has a large collection of Arizona native silver. It just not worth high grading and caching. Plus the nice metallic ore can have a high lead content and that stuff is heavy. Now gold. That's a different story. So Marius when you read story's such a high graded silver ore being hauled away and stashed in the Superstitions. Take it for what it's worth. Not much. In this case the red flag is silver ore.

Frank,

That's a nice picture of Silver King ore. My piece is much smaller and much, much darker. I will post a picture when I get home.

Take care,

Joe

Last edited:

sgtfda

Bronze Member
Feb 5, 2004
Mesa Arizona
Well Jack told me the silver was taken from the Silver King. In bars. Buried at the Circle U and later recovered. Barkley got his cut. Was buried under a fence post.

cactusjumper

Gold Member
Dec 10, 2005
Arizona
I plead the 5th concerning the weapons of the LBH, at least for now. Some surprises are in store for anyone interested, I promise that.

Roy

Roy,

I have to admit, I'm already surprised.:o

Can't think, offhand, of any books on the battle, that don't say the 7th. was outgunned. Single shot rifles against many repeating rifles in the hands of the Indians.

Take care,

Joe

roadrunner

Bronze Member
Jan 28, 2012
Pinal Mountains,Arizona
Detector(s) used
Garrett Groundhog-2012-1st MD.
White's Goldmaster V/Sat-2nd-MD-2013
Tesoro Lobo-2015-3rd
Primary Interest:
Prospecting
I am going to bring a few maps of the supes from the main mountain to superior with a note booik this year and at least stay Saturday night.

Thanks and hopefully 2015 will bring better things :).

Roadrunner - I haven't asked Dr. Glover for permission to share his e-mail, so I'm uncomfortable doing that. Perhaps Joe has permission to do that?

My best suggestion especially since the Rendezvous is only a couple months away is to print out this thread, take it to the Rendezvous with a map of the Superstitions, and have a personal sit down with him if he indeed is able to make the trip. I know you were there last year, so that's probably the easiest way to get your answer.

wrmickel1

Bronze Member
Nov 7, 2011
Jamestown ND
Detector(s) used
Garrett 2500
Primary Interest:
Other
Roy,

I have to admit, I'm already surprised.:o

Can't think, offhand, of any books on the battle, that don't say the 7th. was outgunned. Single shot rifles against many repeating rifles in the hands of the Indians.

Take care,

Joe

Joe

That's because All your books are one sided leaving out the Indians side of the story. I live right in the heart of the Sioux Nation, Lets see the Lakota, Rosebud, Oglala, Santee, Brule, Cheyenne, Standing Rock and a few more. Now there stories differ quite a lot from the official US Government. There was a lot of save your last bullet for yourself going on and they could not believe what was happening, a brave dies in battle to them, Not to mention Custer himself died at his own hand. So told by me of a young man on the Standing Rock Reservation who said he was a great, great, Grandson of Sitting Bulls so he said, That's how they tell the story. That was in the early eighties and by the late eighties I volunteered to search the battle grounds. It peeked my interest to maybe see if there was true to it. Now I'm no big author throwing the garbage out calling it the truth I only believe what I saw and yes the metal trail shows the Sioux side of the story is more accountable then the other.

As a side note Joe, yeah me and my brother borrowed my dads polaroid land camera with out asking he almost killed us for using his stock pile of film up since it was becoming extinct!

But the pic's became so faded they were throw out years ago by my wife so I was informed as of yesterday.

But if all Roy can bring to the table is more books its not gon'na sway me none.

History in this case and many others are NOT RIGHT

Take Care JOE!

Wrmickel1

cactusjumper

Gold Member
Dec 10, 2005
Arizona
Joe

That's because All your books are one sided leaving out the Indians side of the story. I live right in the heart of the Sioux Nation, Lets see the Lakota, Rosebud, Oglala, Santee, Brule, Cheyenne, Standing Rock and a few more. Now there stories differ quite a lot from the official US Government. There was a lot of save your last bullet for yourself going on and they could not believe what was happening, a brave dies in battle to them, Not to mention Custer himself died at his own hand. So told by me of a young man on the Standing Rock Reservation who said he was a great, great, Grandson of Sitting Bulls so he said, That's how they tell the story. That was in the early eighties and by the late eighties I volunteered to search the battle grounds. It peeked my interest to maybe see if there was true to it. Now I'm no big author throwing the garbage out calling it the truth I only believe what I saw and yes the metal trail shows the Sioux side of the story is more accountable then the other.

As a side note Joe, yeah me and my brother borrowed my dads polaroid land camera with out asking he almost killed us for using his stock pile of film up since it was becoming extinct!

But the pic's became so faded they were throw out years ago by my wife so I was informed as of yesterday.

But if all Roy can bring to the table is more books its not gon'na sway me none.

History in this case and many others are NOT RIGHT

Take Care JOE!

Wrmickel1

WRM.

For someone who participated in Richard Fox examination of the Custer Battlefield, you are very quick to jump to conclusions.

"That's because All your books are one sided leaving out the Indians side of the story. I live right in the heart of the Sioux Nation, Lets see the Lakota, Rosebud, Oglala, Santee, Brule, Cheyenne, Standing Rock and a few more."

You have no idea what I have, but I can assure you I have many, many accounts by the Indians who were in the battle.

Take care,

Joe Ribaudo

Last edited:

wrmickel1

Bronze Member
Nov 7, 2011
Jamestown ND
Detector(s) used
Garrett 2500
Primary Interest:
Other

Well lets do the math, There were 268 plus US soldiers with rifles and I'm sure a pistol or at least a good share of them did I, assume. That puts the soldiers a head for awhile, till the weapons where picked up as the battle raged on, then the tide turned. Most of the army rounds were marked by the ravines so they must have been shooting at something coming up those ravines, But at last stand hill there where a lot of US rounds coming in, So how do you account for that.

But personally I wound up to the dig by chance, a twist of fate I guess, me and my bro met two strippers in Valentine Neb. Whom we worked out a deal to drive them to Miles City, Montana when we got there we stop at greasy dive to eat and met the detector dudes and they asked if we would like to come along.

Hell Yeah I said

Wrmickel1

wrmickel1

Bronze Member
Nov 7, 2011
Jamestown ND
Detector(s) used
Garrett 2500
Primary Interest:
Other
WRM.

For someone who participated in Richard Fox examination of the Custer Battlefield, you are very quick to jump to conclusions.

"That's because All your books are one sided leaving out the Indians side of the story. I live right in the heart of the Sioux Nation, Lets see the Lakota, Rosebud, Oglala, Santee, Brule, Cheyenne, Standing Rock and a few more."

You have no idea what I have, but I can assure you I have many, many accounts by the Indians who were in the battle.

Take care,

Joe Ribaudo

Joe

I was Inebriated in Richard Fox battle field detector shoot, in my youth I was drunk every waking moment of my life or at least high on something. But I cleaned up my act and became a better person.

Wrmickel1

cactusjumper

Gold Member
Dec 10, 2005
Arizona
Joe

I was Inebriated in Richard Fox battle field detector shoot, in my youth I was drunk every waking moment of my life or at least high on something. But I cleaned up my act and became a better person.

Wrmickel1

WRM,

Swinging a metal detector over the dirt at the Little Big Horn, does not make you an expert at......anything. If you were "drunk" or "high", I would say you missed out on most of the experience. I find that very sad.

The soldiers had single shot rifles, which would jam when they got hot. They were fine for distance battles, but the repeaters that many of the Indians had were part of the reason for Custer's defeat. Overwhelming/superior firepower is the name of the game, even today. That is especially true when the battle is up close and personal.

Which Indian accounts would you like to hear about? I have many.

Glad you have left that life behind you. The sober life is a great life.

Take care,

Joe Ribaudo

wrmickel1

Bronze Member
Nov 7, 2011
Jamestown ND
Detector(s) used
Garrett 2500
Primary Interest:
Other
Joe

I agree that I'm no expert by far and the sober life is much good-er ! But the accounts of the battle by the Sioux just can't be dismissed.

Take Care Wrmickel1

cactusjumper

Gold Member
Dec 10, 2005
Arizona
Joe

I agree that I'm no expert by far and the sober life is much good-er ! But the accounts of the battle by the Sioux just can't be dismissed.

Take Care Wrmickel1

WRM,

Thanks for your reply.

OK, the accounts of which Sioux warriors......specifically? What about the women? What can you tell me about Horned Horse's involvement in the battle?

Take care,

Joe Ribaudo

Last edited:

cactusjumper

Gold Member
Dec 10, 2005
Arizona
Joe

Take Care Wrmickel1

WRM,

Which Sioux accounts do you put the most credence in? I believe it takes a bit more understanding of the Sioux and their way of life than their written words, which have been filtered through an interpreter.

Take care,

Joe Ribaudo

Last edited:

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest Discussions