Karl von Mueller: LDM FOUND in 1946

coazon de oro

Bronze Member
May 7, 2010
texas
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I know this is an older thread but... has anybody read THM #6?? In it KVonM clearly stated that he thought the LDM was actually a cave. He also stated that he thought the Indians hid the gold in there from the white man because they knew it would draw more white men there. He actually bought a special camera to take pictures of the gold. Yes, he was in the cave. He saw the gold nuggets, truckloads of it according to him. Deek Gladson was another alias of KVonM or Charles Dean Miller. Its my understanding that his book The Treasure of the Valley of Secrets is about this treasure. Not for sure haven't got this one yet.

Could this be the Charlie Miller everyone is looking for?

PotBelly Jim

Dec 8, 2017
Primary Interest:
Other
Could this be the Charlie Miller everyone is looking for?

Howdy Homar,

No, they are two different people...Karl Von Mueller's real name was Charles Dean Miller...born in Illinois...our Charlie Miller was born in AZ...take care, Jim

EDIT: Ooops....got Illinois on the brain right now...he was born in Nebraska...:laughing7:

Last edited:

coazon de oro

Bronze Member
May 7, 2010
texas
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Howdy Jim,

Yes I knew he was too young, just showing another Charlie Miller with aliases. Even our ranch neighbor was Charlie Miller.

Homar

Steve Jenkins

Sep 3, 2018
Cave Creek, Az
Primary Interest:
Relic Hunting
I still have a large stack of the newspapers to read, but nothing else thus far. This is the first info about the LMD that I've seen written by him. He said he didn't put much faith in the old legends because the original stories have been so contorted and convoluted by subsequent writers and storytellers. He said the only way to study these legends is to start with the primary (contemporary news sources of the day or journals) resources and go from there. If I read anything else about the LDM, I'll be sure to post it in this topic.

I think there is a lot of truth in this statement in general and that goes tenfold about the LDM.

It has been incredibly overanylized to the point that we now have clues that never existed a hundred years ago and Waltz died before then. Often these new clues take on a life of their own.

We have several several several hundred page books on the subject and so many maps and versions of those maps that I wonder if anyone alive can really keep track of them all and what they mean.

The day Waltz died there was not a single map and the total of his clues could have been scratched out on the two sides of a bar napkin.

sgtfda

Bronze Member
Feb 5, 2004
Mesa Arizona
Steve I was visiting Gregs library. I look at the thousands of books on display. Waltz may have drawn a simple map. I made the comment that all these books came from the one map.

wrmickel1

Bronze Member
Nov 7, 2011
Jamestown ND
Detector(s) used
Garrett 2500
Primary Interest:
Other
Steve I was visiting Gregs library. I look at the thousands of books on display. Waltz may have drawn a simple map. I made the comment that all these books came from the one map.

Frank

Did Waltz draw a Horse on his simple map,

Babymick1

ink

Mar 22, 2018
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Karl does not even mention ths Supes

ink

Mar 22, 2018
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting