Interesting Joseph Porterie Article

gollum

Gold Member
Jan 2, 2006
Arizona Vagrant
Detector(s) used
Minelab SD2200D (Modded)/ Whites GMT 24k / Fisher FX-3 / Fisher Gold Bug II / Fisher Gemini / Schiebel MIMID / Falcon MD-20
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
While researching something else entirely, I came across this article about J.A. Porterie. As we know, Porterie was the Head Assayer at the Vulture Mine, and was also the man that assayed the ore from the candlebox that had been under Jacob Waltz' Bed.

It appears that he almost died after a mine at which he was working closed down.

Enjoy:

The_Cincinnati_Enquirer_Sat__Jul_20__1901_ (1).jpg

Mike

OP
OP
gollum

gollum

Gold Member
Jan 2, 2006
Arizona Vagrant
Detector(s) used
Minelab SD2200D (Modded)/ Whites GMT 24k / Fisher FX-3 / Fisher Gold Bug II / Fisher Gemini / Schiebel MIMID / Falcon MD-20
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
OP
OP
gollum

gollum

Gold Member
Jan 2, 2006
Arizona Vagrant
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
It was never meant to get into any long discussions over something that happened to the man. Just something interesting before he had anything to do with the LDM.

Mike

John_Arizona

Jan 30, 2013
Arizona
Detector(s) used
Spanish Death Rods
Primary Interest:
Prospecting
It was never meant to get into any long discussions over something that happened to the man. Just something interesting before he had anything to do with the LDM.

Mike

It's interesting what happened in-between the clipping and the LDM, the mind can only assume.

Oroblanco

Gold Member
Jan 21, 2005
DAKOTA TERRITORY
Detector(s) used
Tesoro Lobo Supertraq, (95%) Garrett Scorpion (5%)
While researching something else entirely, I came across this article about J.A. Porterie. As we know, Porterie was the Head Assayer at the Vulture Mine, and was also the man that assayed the ore from the candlebox that had been under Jacob Waltz' Bed.

It appears that he almost died after a mine at which he was working closed down.

Enjoy:

View attachment 1075227

Mike

Great find amigo thank you for sharing it. :notworthy: :notworthy: :notworthy: :thumbsup:

:coffee2::coffee2:

markmar

Silver Member
Oct 17, 2012
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting

Enjoy:

View attachment 1075227

Mike

Niagara Falls ... I saw this image few years ago , but was not hallucination .

Gregory E. Davis

Oct 22, 2013
Tempe, Arizona
Detector(s) used
eyeball it
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Good morning Gollum: What was the date, day, month, year, of this article? Cordially, Gregory E. Davis

Cubfan64

Silver Member
Feb 13, 2006
New Hampshire - USA
Detector(s) used
Fisher CZ21, Teknetics T2 & Minelab Sovereign GT
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Greg - the article Mike posted is from the Cincinnati Enquirer, Saturday, July 20, 1901. It appears in a number of other newspapers as well around the same time.

It's originally in the Arizona Republican, Tuesday Morning, June 25, 1901 page 8 first column entitled:

"Lost on the Desert - A.J. Porterie Tells How it Feels to be Dead"

Paul

Last edited:

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest Discussions