DiggerGal

Oct 12, 2013
California
Detector(s) used
Garrett AT Pro
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
MUS1K4U,

Welcome to the discussion. I have to tell you that since nobody (to my knowledge) has found the LDM yet, almost every opinion has validity (I have to leave a bit of wiggle room so I can ignore aliens, Elvis, and Bigfoot in relation to the LDM).

What I took away from Waltz statement is that the cache site is in view of the mine (if you know where to look).

Mike

Gollum,

I have captured the following from an article that I am reading and interested in your thoughts about 1)Julia producing maps and 2) that she could be the beginning of the Tales told about the LDM
(Notwithstanding that Mr. Waltz did exist, did find gold and was a documented miner/prospector with his name on numerous claims)

"Shortly after Waltz's death Julia Thomas, Rhinehart and Hermann Petrasch traveled to the Superstition Mountains to locate Waltz's rich gold mine. After several weeks in these rugged mountains Thomas and the Petrasches returned to Phoenix empty handed and broke. Disappointed and broke Thomas produced several maps with misinformation on them. She sold these maps hoping to compensate for her losses. The Petrasch brothers hunted for Waltz's mine for the rest of their lives. Julia Thomas was the first searcher for the Dutchman's Lost Mine. The origin of the Dutchman's Lost Mine may have started with Julia Thomas."

Kauziamos

May 28, 2014
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
At frame 27:20 Frank notices three (3) small stones stacked upon a much larger stone. I have no problem with that,
but if a lizard had found those rocks first, they probably would not have remained stacked. What I have a problem
with is the Saguaro spear centered behind them, Clearly is pointing in which appears the direction they are traveling.
It can be seen at 22:13 and 26:50 as well. Appears you guys spent some time in this spot. Leave no stone unturned,
cactus don't count ! Lots of spent bullet's lying around, Eric says.

I was curious about this as well when I saw it. Wanted to ask you knowledgable folks whether this was a flaccid Saguaro or a signifier?
2vn5jl3.jpg

Just had an afterthought that this screencap could be copyright infringement. If so let me know and I will remove it.

Last edited:

johnmark29020

Oct 8, 2012
oklahoma
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Gollum,

I have captured the following from an article that I am reading and interested in your thoughts about 1)Julia producing maps and 2) that she could be the beginning of the Tales told about the LDM
(Notwithstanding that Mr. Waltz did exist, did find gold and was a documented miner/prospector with his name on numerous claims)

"Shortly after Waltz's death Julia Thomas, Rhinehart and Hermann Petrasch traveled to the Superstition Mountains to locate Waltz's rich gold mine. After several weeks in these rugged mountains Thomas and the Petrasches returned to Phoenix empty handed and broke. Disappointed and broke Thomas produced several maps with misinformation on them. She sold these maps hoping to compensate for her losses. The Petrasch brothers hunted for Waltz's mine for the rest of their lives. Julia Thomas was the first searcher for the Dutchman's Lost Mine. The origin of the Dutchman's Lost Mine may have started with Julia Thomas."

Its my understanding that the story started with julia..

chlsbrns

Bronze Member
Mar 30, 2013
Detector(s) used
Excalibur II
Primary Interest:
Other
Its my understanding that the story started with julia..

Yes the "story" started with julia getting paid to tell the "story" to a reporter that published the "story" while she sold maps. Smart girl!

Oregon Viking

Gold Member
Jan 6, 2014
Brookings-Harbor Oregon
Detector(s) used
White's prizm IV
Keene A52 with Gold Hog mats
Gold-N-Sand hand dredge
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Oregon Viking:

Don't allow yourself to become another "Superstition Mountains death statistic". Make sure you are fully prepared, detailed maps of the areas you intend to hike, and make sure you let someone know where you're going and when you plan to return. Also make your trip into the mountains in the cooler parts of the year, definitely not late spring or summer. Don't go alone if at all pssible. (I have hiked solo many times and luckily with no accidents). I was a lot younger then and just a little bit dumber than my current state;b

Thank you. :icon_thumright: Cooler temps yes. Alone, no. I would actually like to "drop" in, hike out. I'am always prepared...even venturing to the grocery store. We will have climbing gear, enough equipment...and/or the means to survive. Drop me in the Mojave I will make it out....not happy but...
Of course that has never happened so I will check my ego.

DiggerGal

Oct 12, 2013
California
Detector(s) used
Garrett AT Pro
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Yes the "story" started with julia getting paid to tell the "story" to a reporter that published the "story" while she sold maps. Smart girl!

And "Julia produced maps with FALSE information on them" so she did believe that the mine did exist or she would not have put forth false information correct?
Which leads me to the conclusion that Julia (as you agreed) started the many "tales" of the LDM. So what do we deduce from the stories told by Julia if anything? She lied in the very beginning....did she speak to anyone prior to her death in a confession type of talk? Is it documented?

chlsbrns

Bronze Member
Mar 30, 2013
Detector(s) used
Excalibur II
Primary Interest:
Other
And "Julia produced maps with FALSE information on them" so she did believe that the mine did exist or she would not have put forth false information correct?
Which leads me to the conclusion that Julia (as you agreed) started the many "tales" of the LDM. So what do we deduce from the stories told by Julia if anything? She lied in the very beginning....did she speak to anyone prior to her death in a confession type of talk? Is it documented?

Nothing including the story can be documented.

Jan 16, 2011
By, By Have fun.
Detector(s) used
Time to move on. Good luck everyone .
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Love the show guys, keep it going,wish i was there with you. You guys are tough as nails to make it there. please keep being careful and watching out for each other. like it was said on the show,one slip and it could get ugly fast. you guys are great,thanks for letting me come along from the safety of home. my thoughts and best wishes to keep you guys safe and healthy. great stuff.
thanks.

Oregon Viking

Gold Member
Jan 6, 2014
Brookings-Harbor Oregon
Detector(s) used
White's prizm IV
Keene A52 with Gold Hog mats
Gold-N-Sand hand dredge
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Nothing including the story can be documented.

Do you EVER agree with anyone?
I guess your "info gained on Google" is somehow superior to the people that devote a LOT of their time to the LDM?
There are a few individuals here...that are actually on the show....What show you ask?
"Legend of the Superstition Mountains" I hope they don't voice their thoughts/opinions/actual being there experiences ... or you would flame them too!! I'am sorry...I'll bet your ears are burning, in fact on fire!!
You are lucky t-net has rules...there are so many things I would like say to you!!!
Hey don't waste your time here...there are a lot of threads you haven't crapped on yet.

chlsbrns

Bronze Member
Mar 30, 2013
Detector(s) used
Excalibur II
Primary Interest:
Other
I know about the show, I watch the show, I like the show!

jeff of pa

Super Moderator
Staff member
Dec 19, 2003
🥇 Banner finds
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Do you EVER agree with anyone?
I guess your "info gained on Google" is somehow superior to the people that devote a LOT of their time to the LDM?
There are a few individuals here...that are actually on the show....What show you ask?
"Legend of the Superstition Mountains" I hope they don't voice their thoughts/opinions/actual being there experiences ... or you would flame them too!! I'am sorry...I'll bet your ears are burning, in fact on fire!!
You are lucky t-net has rules...there are so many things I would like say to you!!!
Hey don't waste your time here...there are a lot of threads you haven't crapped on yet.

for the record, The Show is on TV & in the Public Domain.

Anyone can Critique the Show.
& as long as they use family friendly words they can say anything they want about
the show , It's Producers, and any member of the Cast who is Not a
contributing TreasureNet Member .

However when it comes to TreasureNet Members who contribute to the Thread(s)
they have membership protections. under our Forum Rules

TreasureNet - Rules

Help keep the atmosphere at TreasureNet fun! Sniping, name calling, denegration and other generally negative or abusive actions are grounds for moderation. In extreme cases grounds for banning!

also For the Record.
Nay sayers in regular Lost Dutchman's Mine threads may not be afforded the same protections as they are in TV show Threads

Last edited:
Apr 17, 2014
Tartarus Dorsa mountains
Primary Interest:
Other
HAHAHA Too bad you missed a goodly chunk of the back and forth with CHLSBRNS.

Nothing absurd about it. The reason the SEM Testing can be compared to mines outside Az is that almost every known mine has done ore testing and there are databases consisting of testing done to almost every known mine.
OK. Consisting of the results of testing. But almost every known mine? who paid for that? .. Please hook me up with that data base :D
Those results can be accessed to compare the results of any SEM Test against everything in the database. Several Mining Schools have those databases (or at least access to them). Since we are into semantics now, I should have used the phrase "every tested known mine".

Also, Joseph Porterie who originally assayed Dick Holmes' Ore stated without a doubt that the ore was both all from the same source and that none of it was from The Vulture (where he was Chief Assayer).

Mike

Apr 17, 2014
Tartarus Dorsa mountains
Primary Interest:
Other
I agree with one caveat.... do at least a small amount of educating yourself about the area if you've never hiked in the desert or a wilderness area before and be prepared for emergencies JUST IN CASE. It's actually just common sense - you would (or at least should) do the same if you're going to visit someplace like New York City for the first time if you've never been there - know where it's safe to go and where you should avoid and be prepared - not really that much different in theory.

I love it out there and can guarantee that if I had lived in that area when I was younger it would have been a place I would have spent a huge portion of my days and nights!

Are you saying that in the USA a citizen should not have the expectation of walking about freely? Seriously?

Apr 17, 2014
Tartarus Dorsa mountains
Primary Interest:
Other
How is contributing defined? that word does not appear in TreasureNet - Rules

Am I a contributing member?

for the record, The Show is on TV & in the Public Domain.

Anyone can Critique the Show.
& as long as they use family friendly words they can say anything they want about
the show , It's Producers, and any member of the Cast who is Not a
contributing TreasureNet Member .

However when it comes to TreasureNet Members who contribute to the Thread(s)
they have membership protections. under our Forum Rules

TreasureNet - Rules

Help keep the atmosphere at TreasureNet fun! Sniping, name calling, denegration and other generally negative or abusive actions are grounds for moderation. In extreme cases grounds for banning!

also For the Record.
Nay sayers in regular Lost Dutchman's Mine threads may not be afforded the same protections as they are in TV show Threads

jeff of pa

Super Moderator
Staff member
Dec 19, 2003
🥇 Banner finds
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Are you saying that in the USA a citizen should not have the expectation of walking about freely? Seriously?

in the USA a citizen should have the expectation of walking about freely.

However , thanks to certain factions Freedom is only a distant memory in books.

I don't want to get into the off topic politics, So I am refering to the publics
loss of public land use rights

Last edited:

Shunkaha

Apr 2, 2013
Helena, Montana
Detector(s) used
Xterra 705 Gold Pack, Garrett pro pointer
Primary Interest:
Other
in the USA a citizen should have the expectation of walking about freely.

However , thanks to certain factions Freedom is only a distant memory in books.

I don't want to get into the off topic politics, So I am refering to the publics
loss of public land use rights

Don't make this thread political or I'll have to ask you to ban yourself. :laughing7:

jeff of pa

Super Moderator
Staff member
Dec 19, 2003
🥇 Banner finds
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
How is contributing defined? that word does not appear in TreasureNet - Rules

Am I a contributing member?

just because a word is not in the rules does not mean you have a loop hole.
thinking you do will get you in trouble !!!!

you Contributed to this thread ? right ? look up the word.

anyone who joins in the OP's original conversation (intent) . is a Contributer.
anyone who decides to Troll is not. But must still be respected onlline

Last edited:

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread