new show on the dutchman

Treasure_Hunter

Administrator
Staff member
Jul 27, 2006
Florida
Detector(s) used
Minelab_Equinox_ 800 Minelab_CTX-3030 Minelab_Excal_1000 Minelab_Sovereign_GT Minelab_Safari Minelab_ETrac Whites_Beach_Hunter_ID Fisher_1235_X
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
actually i'm not being racist...kinda hard to be racist when i'm an indian myself...
I asked it to end, a person can still make racist remarks about their own race....

wrmickel1

Bronze Member
Nov 7, 2011
Jamestown ND
Detector(s) used
Garrett 2500
Primary Interest:
Other
Well Azdave

You just concentrate on the Dutchman and someday you may find.

BIG-HEAP-A-WAU-PUM

TAKE CARE WRMICKEL1

Old

Feb 25, 2015
Virginia
Detector(s) used
Whites
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
lol..the government gave them over 1/3 of arizona...i dont think they have anything to whine about

I can't believe I just read that. Gave them? Say it ain't so. Gave them.....nice choice of words.....lets analyze.

They were here minding their own business for how many thousands of years. Surviving and I'd even say prospering. Until along came the miners, fur dealers, railroads and with them disease, death, rape, and bigotry. And; all with arrogance and a total disregard for anything that got in their way of the almighty dollar. The Native culture tried to accommodate, tried to work with treaties, tried to work with "Washington" and got what for it? And you are offended the gov. "GAVE" them some portion of Arizona?

Which 1/3 was that anyway. Its the part that produces nothing, has nothing and never will have anything. Don't you understand it was THEIR country, all of it. And the gov. generously "gave them" the throw away part. Good grief man, get a grip.

You wonder why they have depression, social withdrawal issues, suicide issues, low self esteem issues? Take away a culture's way of live, its livelihood, its since of place and worth and you expect a different outcome? Well, get used to it `cause with Big Sis in DC handing out more "gifts" and thinking themselves generous there's a lot more just like it coming to a town near all of us real soon.

djui5

Bronze Member
May 22, 2006
Mesa, AZ
Detector(s) used
None
Primary Interest:
Prospecting
So is this officially the most moderated thread on this site?

jeff of pa

Super Moderator
Staff member
Dec 19, 2003
🥇 Banner finds
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
This post is 100% accurate, Indians don't give two craps about their land, the scariest thing out of all of this is that these guys have been wearing the same clothes for 4 weeks now, the smell of these dudes alone would be enough to scare off the strongest of teepee voodoo curses out there lol

LOL How do you know they didn't film the whole season in One Day ?

It is also possible every night the hop in the Limo & Head home & send their clothes out to the Dry Cleaner.

Perhaps their whole wardrobes consist of 3o look alike sets of clothes.

Seriously though if they are out in the field is a Chopper gonna drop a care package of new clothes ?

deducer

Bronze Member
Jan 7, 2014
Primary Interest:
Other
I didn't say the Haywood mine was on Peter's Mesa. According to the story it would be somwhere north of Peter's Mesa. I included the story/maps to somewhat reinforce "my" idea that there could be something around Peter's Mesa/ Peter's Canyon/Pistol Canyon. Looking at the Haywood map shows that at the top of Squaw and Old Squaw Canyon would put you on top of Peter's Mesa. For the mine that Haywood describes you would then have to go North approximately a mile or so...towards Malpais Mountain.

PKDMSLF,

You have put a mark in a quietly well known area. Many people before you find that area very interesting. Many years ago, I said virtually the same thing. I theorized that many of the stories that lead people to the Weaver's Needle Area were made up by locals trying to keep the Tourist Dutch Hunters away from where they thought the LDM was. Which was somewhere in the Black Mountain/Peter's Mesa/Tortilla Mountain Area. When I said that, a few older Dutch Hunters got very quiet. A couple confided in me that I had chosen a very interesting place to put my "X". It was a prime spot for Peter, MK Roberts, Jim Hatt, and several others. That is the reason why about 90% of my trips into the Supers have been to that area from a couple of different directions.

I wanted to come back to this- Mike, not sure why those DH'ers "got very quiet." Any DH who has really done their homework knows that the Peter's Mesa/Pistol Canyon/Black Mt area has already been picked clean by the Petraschs, Barkleys, and Gassler, et al., never mind the latter day hunters.

As Brownie Holmes was told by a Pima: "higher up and further away."

cactusjumper

Gold Member
Dec 10, 2005
Arizona
Az BB,

I have always found Hal to be a genuine intellectual.

One thing the show has done is increase, by a lot, the traffic on this forum.

Take care,

Joe Ribaudo

Treasure_Hunter

Administrator
Staff member
Jul 27, 2006
Florida
Detector(s) used
Minelab_Equinox_ 800 Minelab_CTX-3030 Minelab_Excal_1000 Minelab_Sovereign_GT Minelab_Safari Minelab_ETrac Whites_Beach_Hunter_ID Fisher_1235_X
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
2nd request to end the insults... Also quoting a member then saying "You do have a way with fabrication" is still calling someone a liar and violates our rules....

cactusjumper

Gold Member
Dec 10, 2005
Arizona
Maybe so, but if he's going to play the part, he at least needs to be honest about it without all the hypocrisy. :nono:

AZBB,

It almost always becomes contentious on these sites when someone believes in their theories. Those who disagree often attack the posters personal integrity. More often than not, the paths that are taken come from different sources and don't
agree with everyone's conclusions.

I have never thought that Hal "fabricated" a story out of whole cloth. There is always sound reasoning behind his posts. While they may be flawed, in others minds, they do not rise to "hypocrisy's....... IMHO.

Just one man's opinion.

Joe Ribaudo

Hal Croves

Silver Member
Sep 25, 2010
2nd request to end the insults... Also quoting a member then saying "You do have a way with fabrication" is still calling someone a liar and violates our rules....

I have to come to his defense here. I have fabricated a few theories that didn't quite pan out so. I became a member to learn and to share possible solutions to a great puzzle. I think that I have done both.

Last edited:

Hal Croves

Silver Member
Sep 25, 2010
AZBB,

It almost always becomes contentious on these sites when someone believes in their theories. Those who disagree often attack the posters personal integrity. More often than not, the paths that are taken come from different sources and don't
agree with everyone's conclusions.

I have never thought that Hal "fabricated" a story out of whole cloth. There is always sound reasoning behind his posts. While they may be flawed, in others minds, they do not rise to "hypocrisy's....... IMHO.

Just one man's opinion.

Joe Ribaudo

Joe,
Thank you for the kind words. Yes, my ideas on the origins of the stones have been flawed. Most theories have their week link and I explored three possible dates for their creation. With what I learned from people like you, I realized that those ideas were possible but not plausible. I respect those who have question my ideas more than they can possibly know. I have also never changed my belief in my reading/placement of the stones. Only in who made them.

It's not complicated. I have offered ideas but I have never lied. Some would argue that I have shared too much publicly.

Apr 17, 2014
Tartarus Dorsa mountains
Primary Interest:
Other

I didn't call anybody a liar. I pointed out that his post, besides being an insult to me fabricates an opinion which he tries to impute onto me and he implies that all that stuff he pontificates about somehow relates to me.

He proffers that I may "believe in the myth of race."

Then he goes on "and when you use words like those people, they, their kind, etc, it reveals true a ignorance."

Problem is, I never said any of that. He fabricated that.

Then he goes on to fabricate that I might "pigeonhole people. " and confabulates it as my thinking and then idiotically says my logic is "archaic and obnoxious" .

And you try to dress me down for pointing out his fabrication?

Last edited:

Hal Croves

Silver Member
Sep 25, 2010
I didn't call anybody a liar. I pointed out that his post, besides being an insult to me fabricates an opinion which he tries to impute onto me and he implies that all that stuff he pontificates about somehow relates to me.

He proffers that I may "believe in the myth of race."

Then he goes on "and when you use words like those people, they, their kind, etc, it reveals true a ignorance."

Problem is, I never said any of that. He fabricated that.

Then he goes on to fabricate that I might "pigeonhole people. " and confabulates it as my thinking and then idiotically says my logic is "archaic and obnoxious" .

And you try to dress me down for pointing out his fabrication?
I honestly can't keep up with the banter. The point is lost and you have the floor.

cw0909

Silver Member
Dec 24, 2006
Primary Interest:
Other
@Bob Collins, yes it passed, sorry i thought you meant the way the land and
resources were taken by gov., this sale was done in secret, and pushed through
the ......

The $585 billion National Defense Authorization Act of 2015 is one of the must-pass pieces of legislation that Congress moves every year. But like they did in attaching extraneous riders to the must-pass government funding bill, lawmakers used the defense bill as a vehicle to pass a massive public lands package.
The bill sailed through on a vote of 89 to 11.

In this case, the addition of the Arizona swap and the other land measures were never discussed in public, and were added during secret negotiations between the House and Senate Armed Services Committee. the deal was never publicly revealed until the House started work on passing the entire defense bill last week.
It will become law as soon as President Barack Obama signs it. Rio Tinto, though subsidiary Resolution Copper, will take possession of the land a year later.
Defense Bill Passes, Giving Sacred Native American Sites To Mining Company [Archive] - Gold-Silver Forums

sgtfda

Bronze Member
Feb 5, 2004
Mesa Arizona
A old Spanish mine back in my area. Look at the color of the material above the shaft. Ha! A shadow face looking down at the shaft hole. ImageUploadedByTreasureNet.com1425580354.162460.jpg

deducer

Bronze Member
Jan 7, 2014
Primary Interest:
Other
To answer the clothes-changing question- to avoid continuity errors, and to allow for maximum editing leeway, a production (especially a reality show) will have the cast keep wearing the same wardrobe from start to end. The more the cast changes wardrobe, the more chances for a continuity error, and this is a PITA to deal with. Also if the cast is wearing a different set of clothes for one episode then scenes from that episode can't be pulled and used in another episode.

From what I can tell, they just shot a big pile of scenes and left the editors sort it all out to try and form a sensible (albeit poorly told) storyline. So what you see in any episode probably contains any combination of shots from the start, middle, and end of the production.

If this is confusing, don't worry- I suspect you'll be going on vacation soon so you'll have some time to figure this one out. :icon_thumright:

Last edited by a moderator:
Apr 17, 2014
Tartarus Dorsa mountains
Primary Interest:
Other
My brother, it is time.
Let UncleMatt Walking Thunder and I welcome you to the Sacred Circle of the Wematanye... View attachment 1127521

Well thank you kindly. Will there be a lot of surprise sex there too?

I had to go ogle your word.

Top Definition
Wematanye
1. all knowning indian spirit of all things.
2. word can be used at anytime for any reason because everything is in regards to Wematanye.
3. sometimes Wematanye is all you can say
4. good replacement for other words
5. originally from king of the hill
1. Wematanye is always there when you need it.
2. Wematanye is always there and watching.
3. Holy Wematanye!
4. Wematanye
5. The answer lies within Wematanye.

Learn something new everyday.

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread