new show on the dutchman

johnmark29020

Oct 8, 2012
oklahoma
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
That's not likely, but with that series anything goes. The Gila/Salt region is too dry, doesn't have a sufficient food source and is not on a migratory route for either of the two North American hominoids - the Saquatch (Bigfoot) or the Alma (Skunk Ape). The two David Paulides books are quite revealing for those interested in the Pacific Northwest Bigfoot variety. My long time NM exploration partner endorsed those books, and he ought to know after he and a fishing companion had quite an encounter at Lost Lake in the Marble Mountain Wilderness back in about 1969.

Maybe he heard about the filming,and wanted a autograph,but was to shy to say anything.

I have never seen a bigfoot other than my sons Sizes 13. Im not sure I ever want to either.

Island Maser

Mar 9, 2015
Scottsdale
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I have heard a few stories from the Pacific North West that is interesting regarding BF. Fort Lewis has some heavily wooded areas they do training on. On several occasions some soldiers got the crap scared out of them while doing night training.
They all say you can smell it before you see it. Best story I heard was from a hunter/tracker I know. He uses Dobermans and Rottweilers to track and hunt bear and cougar. He was hired by Weyerhaeuser to get rid of some problem bears that
were tearing up there tree farms. He had them leashed up when he smelled it first. He then heard something big braking some heavy brush in thick virgin timber ringing the tree farm. He released his dogs and they only ran about 50 yards, stopped,
ears and tails went down and they returned scared to death. These dogs were afraid of nothing as treeing large bears and cougar we all fun and games. He tried to send them again and the turned and ran for the truck. He was packing a big bore rifle but decided to head for the truck with dogs. He was part Native American and said the elders always said stay far away and do not disrespect their territory. This from a guy who once killed a bear with a Bowie knife when attacked by a big bear and his rifle failed to fire. He had his dogs with him on that occasion too and the bear killed one of them on the charge and injured two more pretty badly. We don't all know what is out there.

gollum

Gold Member
Jan 2, 2006
Arizona Vagrant
Detector(s) used
Minelab SD2200D (Modded)/ Whites GMT 24k / Fisher FX-3 / Fisher Gold Bug II / Fisher Gemini / Schiebel MIMID / Falcon MD-20
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
My stalking skills are still quite good. I managed to get pretty close to this small herd of Borregos several years ago:

This was before they spotted me.

Anza 09.jpg

I couldn't believe I had gotten as close as I was getting until.......................They stopped dead still and all looked at me when they heard the camera shutter click:

Anza 04.jpg

Then they all bailed on me:

Anza 05.jpg

Great morning all in all though.

MIke

gollum

Gold Member
Jan 2, 2006
Arizona Vagrant
Detector(s) used
Minelab SD2200D (Modded)/ Whites GMT 24k / Fisher FX-3 / Fisher Gold Bug II / Fisher Gemini / Schiebel MIMID / Falcon MD-20
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting

pkdmslf

Feb 26, 2015
Aridzona
Detector(s) used
El Tesoro
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
I drove up to Canyon Lake today to do some fishing. The area I wanted to fish wash was "Closed For The Season" by the Tonto National Forest Service. Don't they know that the "Season" in Arizona is year round?

Anyways on the way up I saw the parking lot at Goldfield was packed. Snowbirds (err, I mean Winter Visitors) are all over that area. I stopped at the Superstition Mountain Museum on the way back as I haven't been in there for years. They did a little bit of remodeling on the inside. I must have heard at least ten different people ask for books and maps that showed "where the Lost Dutchman Gold Mine" is. Really, and I would say by the tone of their voice and their expressions, they were serious!

I know where the LDM gold is, at Goldfield and the Superstition Mountain Museum (and a tv show on the History channel) :laughing7:

3stooge

Greenie
Apr 20, 2014
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
That's not likely, but with that series anything goes. The Gila/Salt region is too dry, doesn't have a sufficient food source and is not on a migratory route for either of the two North American hominoids - the Saquatch (Bigfoot) or the Alma (Skunk Ape). The two David Paulides books are quite revealing for those interested in the Pacific Northwest Bigfoot variety. My long time NM exploration partner endorsed those books, and he ought to know after he and a fishing companion had quite an encounter at Lost Lake in the Marble Mountain Wilderness back in about 1969.
I should clarify. I didn't really believe it to be a sasquatch, I just could see how someone might jump to that conclusion if they were trying to see bigfoot. If it was on BFRO show they definitely would have claimed it was bigfoot.

It just seemed odd that someone would be walking around in the dark on that steep side slope without any lights on. I suppose it was probably one of the producers just adding a little excitement. [emoji4]
I will say that I am skeptical about the existence of Bigfoot. and my dad even swears he saw Bigfoot tracks in the Blue Mountains of Oregon when while elk hunting. A bigfoot expert even came out to check out the tracks.

I think I believe that the ldm will be found before real proof of Bigfoot is documented.

gollum

Gold Member
Jan 2, 2006
Arizona Vagrant
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I should clarify. I didn't really believe it to be a sasquatch, I just could see how someone might jump to that conclusion if they were trying to see bigfoot. If it was on BFRO show they definitely would have claimed it was bigfoot.

It just seemed odd that someone would be walking around in the dark on that steep side slope without any lights on. I suppose it was probably one of the producers just adding a little excitement. [emoji4]
I will say that I am skeptical about the existence of Bigfoot. and my dad even swears he saw Bigfoot tracks in the Blue Mountains of Oregon when while elk hunting. A bigfoot expert even came out to check out the tracks.

I think I believe that the ldm will be found before real proof of Bigfoot is documented.

I don't agree. I think there is already substantial evidence that Bigfeet (Bigfoots) exist. Thousands of tracks, a crapton of hair samples that when matched against ................. ANIMAL HAIR DATABASES ....................... don't match any of the millions of animal hairs currently on record.

One of the Databases

There is more physical evidence for Bigfoot than there is for the LDM..........and most people believe the LDM is real! HAHAHA

Mike

wrmickel1

Bronze Member
Nov 7, 2011
Jamestown ND
Detector(s) used
Garrett 2500
Primary Interest:
Other
H2 is running all the shows back to back, Legends of The Superstition right now!

Wrmickel1

bigtimedeal

Feb 3, 2011
FL
Detector(s) used
Minelab Excalibur II
Primary Interest:
Prospecting
So this week the Deal guy says "Oh man, there's something in the wall" What would you guess that might be? We'll have to tune in and find out

Apr 17, 2014
Tartarus Dorsa mountains
Primary Interest:
Other
Don't know anything about the Bill of Sale from Peralta's to Waltz - if there is or was a real document to that effect I doubt it exists today.

Waltz supposedly spent months on and off trying to explain to Julia and Rhiney how to get to the mine/caches but eventually gave up because they either weren't paying attention or just were not experienced enough to understand his directions so he decided in the end to go with them as far as he could and then point out the rest of the way.

Holmes got involved because he was supposedly one of the last couple people to see Waltz alive by his bedside while Julia went for the Dr. During the time between Julia leaving and returning, the story goes that Waltz told the story of how he got the mine and made a confession of killing a number of people and then tried giving at least some directions to Holmes.

Whether any of that is really true is always open for debate, but two facts we do know are:

1) Julia and Rhiney searched for his gold source at least once - they eventually added Hermann and Gottfried to the mix and they searched on and off for many years

2) Dick Holmes searched for his gold source for many years and passed the information along to his son Brownie who also searched for many years before passing his information on to Clay Worst who has also searched for it for many years.

No matter what actually "went down" with Waltz the last year or so of his life and what he told about his gold source, he had to have told them something for them to spend so much time, money and effort to search for it.

Fine. But where does the $200,000,000 million the show speculates come from? They would have gone looking for an ore cache like from under the bed, no matter how it was sourced to Jake.

TheHarleyMan2

Bronze Member
Feb 27, 2008
Never Know I May Live Next To You!
Detector(s) used
GTI 2500/Bounty Hunter
Minelab Equinox 800
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Bigfoot could move some material! Imagine a really big Drywasher or Trommel. Teach him to pan!:laughing7:

Heck you could even have Bigfoot set off all the death traps an he would just pick up those boulders with one hand and throw them out of the cave!

I do believe there is some existence of things we haven't seen but I don't know if there really is Bigfoot and I doubt it, but I guess if I was out in the mountains, (where Bigfoot is supposed to be), for several weeks looking for him and if I smelled something awful, I would sniff my arm pits and make sure it isn't me, but if I see him, you can bet I will get a pop shot at him! Can you imagine the fame I would get for getting a dead Bigfoot? Awe man, the news channels, talk shows, documentaries, heck maybe even a movie on how I bagged Bigfoot! Awe man the fame I would have! I would retire from everything and go on vacation everyday and make my search of lost treasures all over the world!

TheHarleyMan2

Bronze Member
Feb 27, 2008
Never Know I May Live Next To You!
Detector(s) used
GTI 2500/Bounty Hunter
Minelab Equinox 800
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Fine. But where does the $200,000,000 million the show speculates come from? They would have gone looking for an ore cache like from under the bed, no matter how it was sourced to Jake.

Well, my 2003 F-350 Crew Cab with 227,000 miles is worth just a bit over $100,000!

Apr 17, 2014
Tartarus Dorsa mountains
Primary Interest:
Other
I don't agree. I think there is already substantial evidence that Bigfeet (Bigfoots) exist. Thousands of tracks, a crapton of hair samples that when matched against ................. ANIMAL HAIR DATABASES ....................... don't match any of the millions of animal hairs currently on record.

One of the Databases

There is more physical evidence for Bigfoot than there is for the LDM..........and most people believe the LDM is real! HAHAHA

Mike

I'd love to see real hard science based evidence of hair that can't be ID'd to a species got a legit source?

somehiker

Silver Member
May 1, 2007
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting

Just a nice round number used in the show CN.
You can crunch the numbers if you want, but it's based on Waltz having "guesstimated" that his mine contained enough gold to make 20 men millionaires.
That was back when Gold was valued at about $20.00/oz. Today it was $1,153.38.....down $8.27 for the day.

Hardly worth packin it out....:laughing7:

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread