anyone find anything suspicious about the show legends of the Dutchman mine show?

spanishgold1

Mar 3, 2011
Utah
Detector(s) used
Pulse Star 2 Pro, Fisher CZ-21, Whites duel field, MineLab E-Trac
Primary Interest:
Other
I am starting to wonder just how real the new show is on the lost dutchman mine. Things that are planted and made for good TV. .On the last show Sunday Night it showed the black hand of the apache that guards the area painted on the rocks as well as the wheel of rocks that was found on top of a hill.
The black paint looked as fresh and black as if the producers painted it that day. It still even looked wet. You would think that in a 150 years it would be faded a little bit........... Second the wheel of rocks found, would be half buried or completely buried with dirt over time. Every foundation or broken fence post I have ever found in the desert was half buried or completely buried. Those rocks were sitting on the surface as if they were just placed there.

These two things are making me start to wonder. Just my thoughts... What are yours

pepperj

Gold Member
Feb 3, 2009
🥇 Banner finds
Detector(s) used
Deus, Deus 2, Minelab 3030, E-Trac,
Primary Interest:
Relic Hunting
Don't watch TV because I couldn't buy a pair of rubber boots tall enough to keep all the BS from flowing over the tops.
All the shows are there for entertaining the masses and they'll pump the crap out of the story line and twist it tight to get folks to watch.

Rodbuster209

Oct 26, 2010
Northern California
Detector(s) used
MineLab SE, Excaliber 1000, Sovereign, White's SpectrumXLT
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I'm surprised someone would consider that it was real!

Clay Slayer

Jan 4, 2011
Cajun Country
Detector(s) used
Equinox 800,
Garrett Pro Pointer
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
I think the last "real" thing I saw on TV was back in '86. I was a junior in high school and I watched with great anticipation as Geraldo Rivera opened Al Capone's safe. Nothing was in it and the show was kind of a bust...but at least it was real and not staged (I think). I can't stomach anything "reality" based on TV nowadays. All these reality shows are just a lousy producers excuse for not being able to find decent writers...so they find people off the street, pay them next to nothing, and stick them in front of a camera for shock value. The last sitcom with good writers was Seinfeld...I miss that show.

Last edited:

bzbadger

Bronze Member
Jun 25, 2013
Lower Eastern Shore of Maryland
Detector(s) used
Bounty Hunter QD II, Garrett Ace 150 & 350, Fisher ID Excel, Fisher coinstrike, Fisher Cz6, Fisher Gemini II, Garrett AT Pro, Garrett GTI 1500,Teknetiks omega 8000, Nokta Fors Gold
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I noticed the medicine wheel too but I thought for a moment that most of the time something that's placed on top of rock seem to stay put and because there's nothing but rock then there should be nothing that would be blown and accumulated on the rock or the medicine wheel, just like a cairn. When you find a cairn you don't see accumulation against them in those arid regions. The black hand print I had a bit more problem with. That looked so sketchy and like already said it still looked wet. Producers should have done s much better job like hey cameraman can you wait 30 seconds and let it dry? I think the detective what's his name Jack John cant remember posts on TN so id like him to answer some of this

BVI Hunter

Bronze Member
Apr 8, 2013
VIRGIN ISLANDS
🥇 Banner finds
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
ACE 250
AT Pro
SEA HUNTER 2
Garrett Pro Pointer
Ghost Amphibian Headphones
Vibra Probe 580
Vibra Tector 730
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
O
I am starting to wonder just how real the new show is on the lost dutchman mine. Things that are planted and made for good TV. .On the last show Sunday Night it showed the black hand of the apache that guards the area painted on the rocks as well as the wheel of rocks that was found on top of a hill.
The black paint looked as fresh and black as if the producers painted it that day. It still even looked wet. You would think that in a 150 years it would be faded a little bit........... Second the wheel of rocks found, would be half buried or completely buried with dirt over time. Every foundation or broken fence post I have ever found in the desert was half buried or completely buried. Those rocks were sitting on the surface as if they were just placed there.

These two things are making me start to wonder. Just my thoughts... What are yours

I noticed the black hand on the trailer for the show and thought exactly the same thing!
They also showed what I think was a cut in the rock that held a booby trap (?) but this was clear of dirt?
I decided then it looked fake but couldn't watch anyway, because as a Brit watching US shows I can't be doing with watching 4 mins of show to 6 mins of adverts! Some adverts even advertise they show that's on at the same time! What's that all about?

Limey rant over :thumbsup:

pepperj

Gold Member
Feb 3, 2009
🥇 Banner finds
Detector(s) used
Deus, Deus 2, Minelab 3030, E-Trac,
Primary Interest:
Relic Hunting
I think the last "real" thing I saw on TV was back in '86. I was a junior in high school and I watched with great anticipation as Geraldo Rivera opened Al Capone's safe. Nothing was in it and the show was kind of a bust...but at least it was real and not staged (I think). I can't stomach anything "reality" based on TV nowadays. All these reality shows are just a lousy producers excuse for not being able to find decent writers...so they find people off the street, pay them next to nothing, and stick them in front of a camera for shock value. The last sitcom with good writers was Seinfeld...I miss that show.

I believe it was the early eighties when Geraldo Rivera hosted the opening of the sunken Lusitania safe, rented a room at the Holiday Inn spent $80 to watch garbage. I think the producers still owe me my $$$ refund for that one. :laughing7:

Msbeepbeep

Gold Member
Jun 24, 2012
MA
Detector(s) used
M-6, pro pointer, pistol probe
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I watched one episode and that was enough.

Hollywood can't afford the truth or to stand around waiting for real life to happen.

You get more truth and "real adventure" from one of us with a go pro strapped to our forehead!

here4themoney

Mar 3, 2015
SE Michigan
🥇 Banner finds
Detector(s) used
Garret AT Gold - White's Prizm IV - BountyHunter Quick Draw II - BountyHunter Pioneer 101 - Compass Judge
Garrett Pro Pointer - Gold Pans and Sluices
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
With the medicine wheel i think they mentioned on the show itself that it looked newly placed there, that they thought it was placed there because of them,, But with the black hand one of the people did say that it was old and meant to warn others like the ones that had that old map back in the day and were killed out there (supposedly).. I personally didn't get a good look at the hand to determine age, but I will re-watch it and pay attention.. I like the show, but I agree that these sorts of shows will deceive us in order to make it more compelling , I am always a bigger fan of documentaries than this sorta show.

Jason in Enid

Gold Member
Oct 10, 2009
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting

Just those two things? I watched half of one episode and gave up on it. It is 100% pure BS. Completely scripted, fake, staged, garbage television.

hvacker

Bronze Member
Aug 18, 2012
New Mexico USA
Detector(s) used
My Head
Primary Interest:
Other
Blondie comics: Dagwood's kid is watching tv and says "This is the best reality show fight ever!" Dagwood says "Reality show fights are fake." Kid says "This is the best reality show fake fight ever!"

Maybe the show will be in trouble for defacing public lands.

azblackbird

Sep 27, 2011
Glendale, AZ
Detector(s) used
TDI Pro, GMT
Primary Interest:
Prospecting
In my opinion, the show is not geared towards "real" treasure hunters, miners, or prospectors. It's produced strictly for the sheeple. Much like the other 90% of the so-called "reality" shows we see on TV. With that said, all the "Gold" based reality shows could be Saturday morning cartoons for all I care, and I'd still probably watch them. :laughing9:

mytmanfred

Feb 11, 2015
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I've been watching the show too. For me the "drama" is a little over the top. These guys knew ALL of the risks involved, long before they ever ventured into the mountains. So now they're spooked by a rock circle and some hand prints? Not very realistic. I've searched for the lost Dutchman mine myself. I know there are many digs out there. Test holes and old mines are all over those mountains. So, who knows, maybe they will actually find something, but if they do find anything, it will be by chance.

Last edited:

bzbadger

Bronze Member
Jun 25, 2013
Lower Eastern Shore of Maryland
Detector(s) used
Bounty Hunter QD II, Garrett Ace 150 & 350, Fisher ID Excel, Fisher coinstrike, Fisher Cz6, Fisher Gemini II, Garrett AT Pro, Garrett GTI 1500,Teknetiks omega 8000, Nokta Fors Gold
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Also the " heart" stones. I personally didn't see where any but the one they had their hands on looked like a heart and flying all over the place and plotting coordinates in a GPS because a stone may look like a heart from the air is stupid, how would someone from 150-200 years ago have a helicopters viewpoint? And stupidly im still going to watch it just because im stuck inside and bored to death

Kevin in IN

Feb 21, 2011
N.Indiana
Detector(s) used
Minelab Sov.GT , Explorer SE Pro , Excalibur 1000
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Just like all the ghost hunter BS, drama,drama,crap.

OP
OP
spanishgold1

spanishgold1

Mar 3, 2011
Utah
Detector(s) used
Pulse Star 2 Pro, Fisher CZ-21, Whites duel field, MineLab E-Trac
Primary Interest:
Other
are these guys on the treasure.net? just wondering

Last edited:

Tnmountains

Super Moderator
Staff member
Jan 27, 2009
South East Tennessee on Ga, Ala line
🥇 Banner finds
Detector(s) used
Tesoro Conquistador freq shift
Fisher F75
Garrett AT-Pro
Garet carrot
Neodymium magnets
5' Probe
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Yeah it looked very suspicious and staged. Now they will inject drama for the drama lovers and it will be like oak island. None of those shows have found a fraction of what you guys post here every day. (Except the gold shows)
I am not in the desert and my snake chaps are all torn up. These guys have all new looking gear. You are a hunter you pretty much have everything,, right?

Last edited:

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread