Legend of the Stone Maps

Azquester

Bronze Member
Dec 15, 2006
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
That my friend is what reminds me of the true Treasure Hunters nature.

Why would Julia Thomas, and her gang of would be Millionaires go searching publicly immediately while most other Treasure Hunters can take twenty years or longer to go public if they think they have anything of value?

What would most on here do?

I'd wait like most I believe.

"Liars Beware" we now have a profile.

The Dutchman Mine is the one in question.

The stone maps are the real deal.

Not if the potential of great wealth is involved. If a person feels that he might personally benefit from proprietary information he possesses - whether or not that information is actually valid - he will no doubt camouflage it, if he says anything at all. Human nature.

Hal Croves

Silver Member
Sep 25, 2010
Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk[/QUOTE]
I can not comment on most of your post, however what is highlighted in red only makes sense to me if your discovery is outside the Wilderness area. If not, and if you really have found it, the Dutchman's Lost Mine, chances are that you will be waiting for years to recoup your investment. Unless of course, you are able to sell the film, publishing, and licensing rights. That's where you need a decent agent. A shark.

Thats what I would do. Take the money and run. Get as far away from it as possible.

The other thing to be concerned about is the deep depression that will follow in the wake of your discovery. I have read about post-discovery depression and most of us are vulnerable to it.

Only my opinion.

Last edited by a moderator:

Treasure_Hunter

Administrator
Staff member
Jul 27, 2006
Florida
Detector(s) used
Minelab_Equinox_ 800 Minelab_CTX-3030 Minelab_Excal_1000 Minelab_Sovereign_GT Minelab_Safari Minelab_ETrac Whites_Beach_Hunter_ID Fisher_1235_X
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Superdad, please leave politics not directly related to topic out of forum, we have a politics forum if you wish to express them there and are welcome there.

Not Peralta

Bronze Member
Mar 23, 2013
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
:coffee2:There are many doors in and out of the mnts,
but none so hidden as the ones in front of you.
do you possess the knowledge of the spirit to
let you enter them?:dontknow:NP:cat:

somehiker

Silver Member
May 1, 2007
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
The spirit knows alright NP.
The spirit of the map maker.
Because he crafted a stone in his own image.
With instructions as how to find something exactly the same,
as that which he carved upon his map.

"BUSCA EL MAPA"
"BUSCA EL COAZON"

Regards:SH.

Tnmountains

Super Moderator
Staff member
Jan 27, 2009
South East Tennessee on Ga, Ala line
🥇 Banner finds
Detector(s) used
Tesoro Conquistador freq shift
Fisher F75
Garrett AT-Pro
Garet carrot
Neodymium magnets
5' Probe
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I have followed maps that were scratched into a dirt road with a stick and then crossed forested mountains to my destination. These stone maps,,,,,,, not so good.

Hal Croves

Silver Member
Sep 25, 2010
I have followed maps that were scratched into a dirt road with a stick and then crossed forested mountains to my destination. These stone maps,,,,,,, not so good.
That sounds like your quoting Thoreau, except for the part about the stones.
: )

Not Peralta

Bronze Member
Mar 23, 2013
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
:coffee2::coffee2::coffee2: Good morning to all.:laughing9:
Have you ever considered that the stone tablets when found were a group of maps to lead some one to the location of the lead artifacts.
they do not have any indicators pointing to treasure,gold or silver or anything at all. whats the purpose then.
or,when the lead artifacts were found,were they maps to lead some one to find the stone tablets. out of the two,the lead artifacts are the only ones
to actually tell a story. something to consider.have some :coffee2::dontknow: NP:cat:
:coffee2:Was the creator of the stone tablets and the Tucson artifacts the same person? after all that was learned creating the lead artifacts,wouldn't stone
be better than lead because of the testing. :dontknow:check out the similarities in both stories,almost Identical,some of the letters are even the same. NP:cat:

somehiker

Silver Member
May 1, 2007
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Not a chance.
One was a master, and the other merely an apprentice.
The master played Monopoly, while the apprentice played Snakes and Ladders.
But in a way, in the end, they both lost their game.

Hal Croves

Silver Member
Sep 25, 2010
Not a chance.
One was a master, and the other merely an apprentice.
The master played Monopoly, while the apprentice played Snakes and Ladders.
But in a way, in the end, they both lost their game.

somehiker,
From this, I take it to mean that you believe the two sets of objects are related? I have followed you for some time now and would have never come to that conclusion based on your posts. Who in your mind is the master? And the apprentice? Shine on me this morning, it's been overcast here all week.

Thanks!

Hal Croves

Silver Member
Sep 25, 2010
I hope that this email is alright to post.

"Please join us on Sunday, June 14th from 10-4, for free cake and ice cream to celebrate the 106th birthday of Ted DeGrazia! Stroll through the 10-acre gallery grounds on this special day to see the art and architecture of Arizona's acclaimed artist as we celebrate his birth in the copper mining camp of Morenci on June 14, 1909."

View attachment 1170983

cw0909

Silver Member
Dec 24, 2006
Primary Interest:
Other
wonder if the AMMM, could be talked into letting the original stones be
photographed with good quality digital photo equipment and the images
put up somewhere, or has that already been done

somehiker

Silver Member
May 1, 2007
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
wonder if the AMMM, could be talked into letting the original stones be
photographed with good quality digital photo equipment and the images
put up somewhere, or has that already been done

The "original" stones, formerly at the AMMM, are now on display at the Superstition Mountain Museum in Apache Junction.
For a modest admission fee, $5 I think, you can go have a look at them yourself.
Take a printout of this photo with you and compare.

orig bumper photo.png

OP
OP
sgtfda

sgtfda

Bronze Member
Feb 5, 2004
Mesa Arizona
At the SMM they have copies on display. The originals are stashed away. Easy to tell the difference. The originals have tape marks and a penciled in heart that was not engraved. For a fee they can be seen.

somehiker

Silver Member
May 1, 2007
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
somehiker,
From this, I take it to mean that you believe the two sets of objects are related? I have followed you for some time now and would have never come to that conclusion based on your posts. Who in your mind is the master? And the apprentice? Shine on me this morning, it's been overcast here all week.

Thanks!
I looked into the possibility Hal, long ago and from a couple of different angles.
And it just don't work for me.
What I am saying....in NP-speak...is that some insight to the background and interests of each artist can be gleaned from the works themselves.
That one was a master of his chosen field, having been well trained in many subjects by professionals and the other still a student....well read perhaps, but self taught. My reference to the board games was intended to suggest both the similarities and the differences at play within the psychological/ religious bent of each of the two craftsmen.

Regards:S

Hal Croves

Silver Member
Sep 25, 2010
At the SMM they have copies on display. The originals are stashed away. Easy to tell the difference. The originals have tape marks and a penciled in heart that was not engraved. For a fee they can be seen.

Frank,
Perhaps you are correct and know something that everyone else doesn't. The stone maps that I photographed, on several occasions, were described to me as being the original stone maps, this coming from someone with impeccable credentials, George Johnston, President Emeritus, Superstition Mountain. I hope that you are wrong because visitors to the museum are paying money to see, among other things, the originals. If they are being misrepresented to the public, that constitutes fraud and casts a dark shadow over the museum and those running it. I honestly cant believe that anyone associated with museum would conceive such a scheme. For you to make such a claim, I am assuming that you have some form of proof? If so, please explain, not to me, because I think that you are mistaken, but to the people reading this.

Hal

View attachment 1171343

Last edited:

somehiker

Silver Member
May 1, 2007
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Yoda.....Hmm
A master of parallel thinking...."the deepest commitment, the most serious mind"
I wonder what George Lucas would say ?

Regards:SH.

Not Peralta

Bronze Member
Mar 23, 2013
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
:coffee2:I can just barely remember the first time they displayed them at A J at the bank, they were mostly taped up, they would charge to get in the building , then charge for each piece
of tape removed.:laughing7: NP:cat:

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest Discussions