Legend of the Stone Maps

releventchair

Gold Member
May 9, 2012
Primary Interest:
Other
Wrm,

I am reminded daily and most nights that I'm a washed up has been. I treat those old Danner's with more respect than to let them get dusty. They treated me pretty good over the years.

I think you're on the money about a trip to Rome/Mexico/Spain.....etc. being (possibly) the only way to get to many of the historical truths, at least those truths written by the priests. Since most treasure hunters believe that the Jesuits lied and the Catholic Church is hiding the true facts, it seems illogical to believe you can just stroke a few keys and get everything there is of value.

You might just think that is where the early researchers may have had an edge over people like you and I. Those folks had to dig through the actual archives to find their truths, and write their historical books. If there is something worth keeping secret, you won't have much of a chance of finding it on the Internet.

Good luck,

Joe Ribaudo

Don't let your activity level today dishearten you. Easy to say, yes. At least you got to wander a while.
Rome, Mexico and Spain may turn out a gem from archives;but too as with our own government ,distance equates to slop in the steering.
A lag in noticing activities and in responding to them.
With any lax of authority some one or a group naturally will grab the carte blanche.
Even if forgery or deception is required to do so.

azdave35

Silver Member
Dec 19, 2008
You would be surprised! But one thing Joe doesn't take into account is that if the Jesuits wanted certain things kept secret, an author is the last person they would share that information with.

Mike

mike...i dont know much about the jesuits so i dont really know how much info there is online about them...i was speaking of treasure hunting and lost mines...i agree with joe that alot of modern treasure hunters look for leads or info online that will lead them to their pot at the end of the rainbow...i know and have known most of the treasure hunters both alive and dead that have searched the supers for treasure and i know a few that have found goodies (carrol ingle , chuck crawford ,chuck kenworthy , bob ward ,bob garmin , howard welborne, ) to name a few ..and they all found treasure without the aid of the internet...they did it the old fashioned way ..i think joe is correct in saying that people put too much faith in what they read online and it leads them astray...

gollum

Gold Member
Jan 2, 2006
Arizona Vagrant
Detector(s) used
Minelab SD2200D (Modded)/ Whites GMT 24k / Fisher FX-3 / Fisher Gold Bug II / Fisher Gemini / Schiebel MIMID / Falcon MD-20
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
mike...i dont know much about the jesuits so i dont really know how much info there is online about them...i was speaking of treasure hunting and lost mines...i agree with joe that alot of modern treasure hunters look for leads or info online that will lead them to their pot at the end of the rainbow...i know and have known most of the treasure hunters both alive and dead that have searched the supers for treasure and i know a few that have found goodies (carrol ingle , chuck crawford ,chuck kenworthy , bob ward ,bob garmin , howard welborne, ) to name a few ..and they all found treasure without the aid of the internet...they did it the old fashioned way ..i think joe is correct in saying that people put too much faith in what they read online and it leads them astray...

Dave,

If you can sort the crazies that believe every bad thing that has happened in the world since 1540 is the fault of the Jesuits, from the Apologists who think the Church nor the Order can do any wrong and deny any evidences of Jesuit Mining and wealth because they could not exist, the internet is a great source for Jesuit Information.

Y'all also seem to be confusing reading from internet websites and accessing library/museum collections after they had been digitized online. Take this for instance; here is the finalized handwritten copy of Father Kino SJ's 1699 entrada:

Report of an exploration, written at Mission Dolores, Pimeria Alta, 1699 :: kino

Now, if you can read and translate Spanish, all you have to do is understand what all the abbreviations mean (although in that document it isn't very difficult).

Mike

Old

Feb 25, 2015
Virginia
Detector(s) used
Whites
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Joe R, I can relate to your frustration on having to wait to see the new evidence. It's understandable. Down right gut wrenching it is.

But; what everyone needs to keep in mind is that its not solely Ryan's information to share. This isn't his ball game to play as he alone sees fit as his prior FREE videos were done. He has rules in its release that he has to go by or he's out on his ear. We have been lucky to get the bits and pieces that we have, and a promise for more when the time is right. Everything will come in its own time. And; I'm thankful for what has been shared thus far, free of charge.

I don't see anyone chewing up Mitchell because he tape covered parts of the stones. Or; that the museum used to charge $50 a pop for unfettered glimpses of the stones. Or Dr. Glover's long awaited new book. I for one REALLY want to read that book. But I have to wait till its released. This saga was and continues to be a money making operation. An interesting one, but by and large, a for profit venture.

This information and items of interest belong to the family. Ryan has the rights to the publication and promotion of that information when, and if, the family wants it released. He has both a moral and financial obligation to them to protect and preserve the information to maximize their best interest.

You have been a man of your word to your sources. Do you believe Ryan should be less to his?

azdave35

Silver Member
Dec 19, 2008
Joe R, I can relate to your frustration on having to wait to see the new evidence. It's understandable. Down right gut wrenching it is.

But; what everyone needs to keep in mind is that its not solely Ryan's information to share. This isn't his ball game to play as he alone sees fit as his prior FREE videos were done. He has rules in its release that he has to go by or he's out on his ear. We have been lucky to get the bits and pieces that we have, and a promise for more when the time is right. Everything will come in its own time. And; I'm thankful for what has been shared thus far, free of charge.

I don't see anyone chewing up Mitchell because he tape covered parts of the stones. Or; that the museum used to charge $50 a pop for unfettered glimpses of the stones. Or Dr. Glover's long awaited new book. I for one REALLY want to read that book. But I have to wait till its released. This saga was and continues to be a money making operation. An interesting one, but by and large, a for profit venture.

This information and items of interest belong to the family. Ryan has the rights to the publication and promotion of that information when, and if, the family wants it released. He has both a moral and financial obligation to them to protect and preserve the information to maximize their best interest.

You have been a man of your word to your sources. Do you believe Ryan should be less to his?

seems like alot of people are like welfare bums...the more you give them..the more they demand..and they get angry and psychotic if they dont get it

wrmickel1

Bronze Member
Nov 7, 2011
Jamestown ND
Detector(s) used
Garrett 2500
Primary Interest:
Other
Wrm,

I am reminded daily and most nights that I'm a washed up has been. I treat those old Danner's with more respect than to let them get dusty. They treated me pretty good over the years.

I think you're on the money about a trip to Rome/Mexico/Spain.....etc. being (possibly) the only way to get to many of the historical truths, at least those truths written by the priests. Since most treasure hunters believe that the Jesuits lied and the Catholic Church is hiding the true facts, it seems illogical to believe you can just stroke a few keys and get everything there is of value.

You might just think that is where the early researchers may have had an edge over people like you and I. Those folks had to dig through the actual archives to find their truths, and write their historical books. If there is something worth keeping secret, you won't have much of a chance of finding it on the Internet.

Good luck,

Joe Ribaudo

Ohh I don't know about that Joe, Take pride in the journey those danners have traveled and relish in the memories and remind your self daily of your accomplishment in your life and the nights will take care of themselves.
Wish you and family the best

Wrmickel1

You crusty old *******, You remind me of my father, I miss the hell out of him in my older years now. But not so much in my yoout.

Take Care

gollum

Gold Member
Jan 2, 2006
Arizona Vagrant
Detector(s) used
Minelab SD2200D (Modded)/ Whites GMT 24k / Fisher FX-3 / Fisher Gold Bug II / Fisher Gemini / Schiebel MIMID / Falcon MD-20
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Gollum, I'm almost sure that would just pee you off, And you would lay a size 14 on them.
Wrmickel1

IT DID PISS ME OFF! Made me drop a DSLR (camera) and crack a lens. That is why I put thirty rounds back the way that one rifle shot came from. No second shot from whomever. I don't know if I scared'em off or hit him (I assume it was a him).

Mike

cactusjumper

Gold Member
Dec 10, 2005
Arizona
Ohh I don't know about that Joe, Take pride in the journey those danners have traveled and relish in the memories and remind your self daily of your accomplishment in your life and the nights will take care of themselves.
Wish you and family the best

Wrmickel1

You crusty old *******, You remind me of my father, I miss the hell out of him in my older years now. But not so much in my yoout.

Take Care

Wrm,

I am proud of my history. I was writing about the body talking to me.

Good luck,

Joe

cactusjumper

Gold Member
Dec 10, 2005
Arizona

Lynda,

You have me wrong. I don't have a problem waiting for Ryan's revelations. Understand it completely.

There are some other things that bother me about Ryan.

Good luck,

Joe Ribaudo

Hal Croves

Silver Member
Sep 25, 2010
So are there any records where he was traveling to after the war?

My theory is that 20 years later he was commandeered into the operation, and its proven because of the fact that somehow their decedents 'found' the stone maps.

Not knowing the history too well, the more recent Tumlinson, was involved in going to the exact location off HWY 60, and was able to locate something lost for years.

Not just one stone he stumbled upon, but a few of them. How do you just stumble on randomly placed stones.......he had to know where to look.

Now we have a relative being involved in hunting for gold stores, mines, and other fields of nuggets, and we have his current relative hunting the stones down as if he knew exactly where to go?

Not a coincidence at all.

The entire operation that occurred in AZ was around the 1880's, during the land grab, and that would have made Tumlinson 35 years old, and would have involved Peg-Leg meeting either Waltz, or Reavis somewhere along the lines. He may even have been hired to scout by another and brought into the area afterwards as being a "Ghost Figure" to the settlers there, so he could slip in to plant the stones and leave with the hide map. He would have been given a job scouting the other areas that he was known to look for gold in, and would have been involved in these scouting operations to California and other parts of the areas where there were Spanish Mining operations in the past. This is the fabled master map that the hide and other maps were taken from.

This is all a what if, but based on the speculation that there was a previous involvement with the Confederate Army, and the facts that are showing a wandering relative made it to magically find a set of 3-4 stones.

My guess is that someone made the stone maps and was told to bury them, with possibly Reavis or Waltz giving them to Tumlinson, and they must have had the hide map to locate them where they were found that was passed down through their family. The area holds some likeness to the trail marked on the stone, but doesn't lead directly to the mines if followed from there, so the reasoning for taking a leak, and then magically running into stones that originated from around the time of your relatives' gold hunting adventures seems more connected than random.

They wanted to bury the information and the location so investigators couldn't find the references to their operation and land grab. They buried the stones, and made the map, giving it to individuals they trusted to hold onto.

If this is true, then we have another person being implicated in the operations there, and someone who was meant to rediscover these stones and claim the mines for their use.

Unfortunately Tumlinson, when he found the stones was unable to interpret the stone markings to lead to the areas in question. It shows he had a passed down map and rumors to go by from his family and that he was given this information and made a part of the KGC.

The historical references can be found in AZ and New Orleans if he was involved, and if stationed in New Orleans, there were some involvement with the Castle founded by Albert Pike, as being the person that coordinated these efforts, setting them into motion.

The Peralta family lineage, the family with "legitimate" land grants in the United States (including Arizona) trace back to Barcelona then Havana then Spanish New Orleans. They were still there as late as the turn of the century, living among New Orleans wealthy class.

Place John Jackson or any of the other Tumlinsons in New Orleans and the Peraltas are already there, waiting.

Old

Feb 25, 2015
Virginia
Detector(s) used
Whites
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
cw, can you place the 3rd in New Orleans? Closest I could get them to New Orleans was Donaldsonville, in the middle of continuing skirmishes, and then returning to Texas.

Imagine for a moment what a cavalryman age 15 looks like and smells like that has seen almost continuous action in the swamps and low lands of the Mississippi in late June through July. Do we really think this is the right choice and time for Albert Pike to summons one to his castle to receive secret documents and instruction for a master plan. Or; that the Peralta's would single out for inclusion as a confident to entrust their most secret relics? 15 year old dismounted cavalrymen privates were little more than cannon fodder with a life expectancy of weeks. The Southland blesses each and every one of them for their valor.

To my thoughts, this is not the time to try to establish the hatching of a plan involving Peg Leg to take place post war. A time to establish relationships, perhaps. But I doubt those one on one relationships extended to Albert Pike. Not at this time, later perhaps although doubtful.

I think we would be well served to lay this scenario to the side and look to post war alliances for sources and connections to secret maps.

Hal Croves

Silver Member
Sep 25, 2010
That's right. All we can do is to identify relationships and connections.

Its safe to assume that John Jackson Tumlinson "Peg-Leg" would have at least seen the brutality of war and it is not unrealistic to imagine him firing a weapon in battle. His own father killed a man at the age 12-13. One thing we do know is that Peg-Leg would have had the chance to hear about Arizona and its potential mineral wealth from the men that he served with.

So, if a treasure map of the range came to him later years, he would have already been (to some degree) familiar with the location described.

It will be interesting to learn what the family knows of his life.

wrmickel1

Bronze Member
Nov 7, 2011
Jamestown ND
Detector(s) used
Garrett 2500
Primary Interest:
Other
Relationships and connections, all your identifying is ones lineage. Most to all interaction in a family is private still to this day.
But what there trying to connect is highly improbabilities which would work great in one of Cages movies.
Wrmickel1

Last edited:

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest Discussions