RG1976

Mar 30, 2015
Scottsdale, Arizona
Detector(s) used
Tesoro Lobo SuperTraq & Vaquero

Leupold BX-3 Mojave & RX1200i Rangefinder
Primary Interest:
Other
Dave, relax. Your posts are becoming scattered and a bit difficult to understand.
If you can't speak for Ryan or Frank, why do you try?
It's ok to have an opinion and it's ok to sit around and write about it. But, there is no need to attack those who disagree with you.

I am going to give you a big hug when I finally meet you.

Dave can speak for me any time he'd like. He's an upstanding, honest, humble and highly intelligent guy. I'm proud to know him.

Hal Croves

Silver Member
Sep 25, 2010
ryan..i know quite a few people that swear up and down the have the maps all figured out...they are all dead flat broke though...go figure
Dave,
You are correct. Peck is a perfect example of this. He paid dearly for following the heart.

OP
OP
RG1976

RG1976

Mar 30, 2015
Scottsdale, Arizona
Detector(s) used
Tesoro Lobo SuperTraq & Vaquero

Leupold BX-3 Mojave & RX1200i Rangefinder
Primary Interest:
Other
Dave,

Are you saying I'm "dead flat broke"?:dontknow:

Take care,

Joe

Haha :). But do you actually believe in the Maps today, Joe :)

As a side note - the stork has yet to deliver the goods.

Treasure_Hunter

Administrator
Staff member
Jul 27, 2006
Florida
Detector(s) used
Minelab_Equinox_ 800 Minelab_CTX-3030 Minelab_Excal_1000 Minelab_Sovereign_GT Minelab_Safari Minelab_ETrac Whites_Beach_Hunter_ID Fisher_1235_X
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
TH, that is an unwarranted attack on a TNet member. How should I deal with it? Do I need to derail the thread again defending myself?

There is no attack here. No one is named or insulted.

Like I said earlier I will issue multiple timeouts, what does a ref in a football game do when multiple players throw punches, they all get thrown out of game...

This is getting real old, it is like junior high, end the insults and attacks from all sides.

Members can challenge a post for its evidence or its conclusions when it is done with respect, it violates our rules when it is done with disrespect.....

Any post that comes after this post better be respectful! I'm done playing this silly game...

cactusjumper

Gold Member
Dec 10, 2005
Arizona
Haha :). But do you actually believe in the Maps today, Joe :)

As a side note - the stork has yet to deliver the goods.

Ryan,

In this sense I do........They are accurate maps of a specific area in the mountains. I will resend the goods.

Good luck,

Joe

Hal Croves

Silver Member
Sep 25, 2010
Dave can speak for me any time he'd like. He's an upstanding, honest, humble and highly intelligent guy. I'm proud to know him.
Ok,
Super terrific!

Dave,

1. About the red rock, can you tell us if the chisel marks were done with a metal tool or stone/bone? It would be an easy way to date it.

2. Would you be a guy and post a close up of the chisel marks? I want to compare it to samples in my studio? Marks are like finger prints. You can tell a lot from a mark.

3. You obviously know rocks. Will you explain how much time it would take to round off a cleaved rock lying exposed in the harsh Arizona landscape. That's a difficult one and a guess would suffice.

Thanks Dave!

cactusjumper

Gold Member
Dec 10, 2005
Arizona
Ok,
Super terrific!

Dave,

1. About the red rock, can you tell us if the chisel marks were done with a metal tool or stone/bone? It would be an easy way to date it.

2. Would you be a guy and post a close up of the chisel marks? I want to compare it to samples in my studio? Marks are like finger prints. You can tell a lot from a mark.

3. You obviously know rocks. Will you explain how much time it would take to round off a cleaved rock lying exposed in the harsh Arizona landscape. That's a difficult one and a guess would suffice.

Thanks Dave!

Hal,

Many of us know Dave personally, and I believe we would all agree with Ryan's assessment of the man. You would do well to take that into consideration and cultivate a better relationship with him. He is more than worth getting to know.

Good luck,

Joe

azdave35

Silver Member
Dec 19, 2008
Ok,
Super terrific!

Dave,

Thanks Dave!

why sure hal..i'll get right on it

Hal Croves

Silver Member
Sep 25, 2010
Ok,
Super terrific!

Dave,

Thanks Dave!
I was addressing Dave, Ryan. Remember, you have me on ignor? Or do you? Good lord son, what is happening to you? All this because I said no to helping you with your project? Sorry, I just didn't feel comfortable taking money from you for something you could have done yourself, and should have. I didn't think you would punish me for the decision.

A "guy" as in a good guy. Your reaching Ryan and your insinuation is nothing more than an unwarranted insult. Shame on you for playing that card especially since you are aware of my long standing roll in supporting that specific "community".

Shame on you Ryan.

oh the tangled web we weave when first we set out to deceive.

Hal Croves

Silver Member
Sep 25, 2010
Hal,

Many of us know Dave personally, and I believe we would all agree with Ryan's assessment of the man. You would do well to take that into consideration and cultivate a better relationship with him. He is more than worth getting to know.

Good luck,

Joe

cactusjumper,
Your words carry some weight with me but here we must part ways. There is nothing about that individual that interests me. Just being honest.

sgtfda

Bronze Member
Feb 5, 2004
Mesa Arizona
It is quite obvious how a great thread turns to s**t over and over again. It's best guys that we all totally Ignore those responsible. I know I will.

Hal Croves

Silver Member
Sep 25, 2010
It is quite obvious how a great thread turns to s**t over and over again. It's best guys that we all totally Ignore those responsible. I know I will.
I agree with you Frank, let's ignore those responsible. But that's easier said then done.

azdave35

Silver Member
Dec 19, 2008

ryan,,i finally got around to watching your latest video....you did a great job on the research and presentation...top notch..you and sarge work well together.....i think anyone who watches this video can quickly figure out who carves those maps...good job guys

cw0909

Silver Member
Dec 24, 2006
Primary Interest:
Other
Ryan & Frank wow great vid, looking forward to more

those Tumlinson carvings on the stone and his house, these old eyes
had a hard time seeing them well, so i lightened them some
i have some info links for the old rt 60, on the other puter, ill post tomorrow

from your vid of Garry C. imgs, original, lighter, lighter

house wall
gun1.png gun2.png gun3.png

rock with chest
chest 1a.png chest2.png chest3a.jpg

Hal Croves

Silver Member
Sep 25, 2010
Ryan & Frank wow great vid, looking forward to more

those Tumlinson carvings on the stone and his house, these old eyes
had a hard time seeing them well, so i lightened them some
i have some info links for the old rt 60, on the other puter, ill post tomorrow

from your vid of Garry C. imgs, original, lighter, lighter

house wall
View attachment 1167604 View attachment 1167605 View attachment 1167606

rock with chest
View attachment 1167607 View attachment 1167608 View attachment 1167609
Here is a perfect example of the mistakes Travis made. 1535 was a very good year indeed, but unfortunately, the fonts used on the treasure chest stone, for that time period, are atypical. Travis didn't understand the historical evolution of writing, of font design. It's a decent attempt and I love the detail but, it would never have passed for anything period. At least not with academics and a few well-read treasure hunters.

I am not sure that it was ever meant to.

If I were to date the treasure chest stone, I would say sometime between 1950 and 1955.
Just a guess.

Last edited:

somehiker

Silver Member
May 1, 2007
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting

Hal Croves

Silver Member
Sep 25, 2010
Hal:

This is the article written by Greg Davis about Richard Peck.
Could you explain how you came to the conclusion Peck is a "perfect example" of Dave's assertion ?

from Gary's site.....http://freepages.genealogy.rootsweb...an/peralta/peck/Biography of Richard Peck.pdf

I was told that by someone who ventured into the range with Peck, following the stones. They spent some time together, formed a relationship. The rest I would have to share with you off line. And it would need to remain confidential for reasons I don't wish to share. It's just too soon. You are one of the few here that I would actually extend that courtesy to.

It's late. My eyes are heavy and the dream time awaits.
Night somehiker.

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread