Mar 30, 2015
Scottsdale, Arizona
Detector(s) used
Tesoro Lobo SuperTraq & Vaquero

Leupold BX-3 Mojave & RX1200i Rangefinder
Primary Interest:
Other
That was fun to watch Bill!

That area - like you mentioned in the video - is pretty far away from the 60 & QC bridge - the most popular discovery location per legend. Interesting that you mention you can't see Weavers from on top of that hill.

Also - Travis wouldn't have had or used a cross. In his jail house records - he claimed to not follow any religion. Can you give us a better idea as to why you think Travis would have made that site and left his shoes behind? Also, was it you that carved "Tumlinson" on the cross or did you find it that way?

This site looks to be as recent as the medicine wheel on the other side of the range - but still a pretty awesome find!!

I'm glad you posted another video - I enjoyed watching it! :)

Ryan

sgtfda

Bronze Member
Feb 5, 2004
Mesa Arizona
Bill If there is a second season of the Legend show I'm recommending you as a writer. Your perfect! What more can I say.

releventchair

Gold Member
May 9, 2012
Primary Interest:
Other
Quite the site.
Thanks for the hike to view it. Amazing how long stuff lasts, (dehydrated hikers aside) in an arid environment compared to where I am..
Did the paint can work for a marker?

Oso

May 26, 2015
Foothills of Supes
Primary Interest:
Relic Hunting
Very nice Bill, I second Frank's recommendation and would add my recommendation for you as narrator for Season 2.

Old

Feb 25, 2015
Virginia
Detector(s) used
Whites
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Thanks Bill,

I really enjoyed the video. That was an awful hot day for a hike, yikes. Be careful.

Don't know if that's a site associated with the PSMs. Could be, don't know.

Just a thought, If I was an avid hiker in that area, would be a fitting site for my ashes to be spread. Is that what we are seeing??? Don't know.

Las Vegas Bob

Aug 25, 2005
Detector(s) used
Fisher Gold Bug
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Nice video, how ever you can not put an age on wood that has been sitting on top of a mountain in the Arizona desert. As an example please look at the following wood 2 002.JPG This is a fence in my yard at my house in Las Vegas , not at my house in Arizona, just to get climate conditions lined up. it is in the shade of a pine tree, so it is indirect sun light. the newer looking wood that you see is 2 years old, the horizontal 2x4 is 6 years old the board on the right side of the pic is 6 years old and the board near center 10 years old.

So even in the shade or indirect sunlight it does not take much time to weather the appearance of wood.

The boots look like they are Nam era.

cw0909

Silver Member
Dec 24, 2006
Primary Interest:
Other
nice vid Bill, enjoyed it, just never know what youll find in the desert
the boots look in good shape, ill check and see if i can narrow a yr
or decade at least, they do look 1960s

OP
OP
Azquester

Azquester

Bronze Member
Dec 15, 2006
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Ryan,

I edited out the part where I said it looked like someone was playing a joke it couldn't have been Travis's signature, or could it be? You could barely see it and the camera would not pick it up so I had to throw some dirt on the wood just to film it. At first I could only see some faint letters I had to look at it in the shade with my hat to see it was writing.

Then I couldn't believe it!

Incidentally, when I picked up a pinch of dirt I burned my fingers!

I believe Travis was looking for the trails off the Stone Maps which included a cross. It looks like this cross has been updated there may have been an older cross before this one. I was attempting a partial removal of the cross when I found those names.

When I saw that circle it had some affect on me I must admit I was in disbelief of the whole thing but when I discovered the name's on each side of the cross
I had a hard time with it I thought someone had went there before me from my previous posts about it and did that I still don't know if it's his or not.

There was no real trash nearby so it was hard to date the cross maybe the boots next time can be dated but they do have old rubber souls.

If it is Travis's mark it was just haphazardly written unlike a map carver of his caliber would have done.

Thanks for your remarks!

That was fun to watch Bill!

That area - like you mentioned in the video - is pretty far away from the 60 & QC bridge - the most popular discovery location per legend. Interesting that you mention you can't see Weavers from on top of that hill.

Also - Travis wouldn't have had or used a cross. In his jail house records - he claimed to not follow any religion. Can you give us a better idea as to why you think Travis would have made that site and left his shoes behind? Also, was it you that carved "Tumlinson" on the cross or did you find it that way?

This site looks to be as recent as the medicine wheel on the other side of the range - but still a pretty awesome find!!

I'm glad you posted another video - I enjoyed watching it! :)

Ryan

RG1976

Mar 30, 2015
Scottsdale, Arizona
Detector(s) used

Primary Interest:
Other
Of course Bill! I am a huge fan of people that go out to the mountains and research / video / design theories / etc! Plus, it looks like you have me beat! You've got 8 videos, I only have 6! =)

I know in your first video, you had mentioned that piles of rocks would sometimes be light machines / time machines. Is it possible that this "Tumlinson rock pile" could have been a time / light machine? Perhaps Travis used the same shadow figures of poodles, ducks and other animals to find the stone maps and Weaver's needle was just a story?

Interesting to leran about the cross and I'm so sorry you burned your fingers on the sand. That must have hurt.

May I make a suggestion? Next time you are shooting, hold your phone horizontally - rather than vertically - so your videos fill the entire frame.

Keep it up & remember, don't put any ads in your videos.

OP
OP
Azquester

Azquester

Bronze Member
Dec 15, 2006
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Hal,

I believe you've discovered a Chupacabra please move your post to the undocumented / undiscovered Creature section.

Hal Croves

Silver Member
Sep 25, 2010
Of course Bill! I am a huge fan of people that go out to the mountains and research / video / design theories / etc! Plus, it looks like you have me beat! You've got 8 videos, I only have 6! =)

I know in your first video, you had mentioned that piles of rocks would sometimes be light machines / time machines. Is it possible that this "Tumlinson rock pile" could have been a time / light machine? Perhaps Travis used the same shadow figures of poodles, ducks and other animals to find the stone maps and Weaver's needle was just a story?

Interesting to leran about the cross and I'm so sorry you burned your fingers on the sand. That must have hurt.

May I make a suggestion? Next time you are shooting, hold your phone horizontally - rather than vertically - so your videos fill the entire frame.

Bill
Hold the camera horizontally and invest in a move maker grip for your phone. It will make your videos smoooooth.
A micro weight tripod will put you into the pro looking zone. Stability, smoothness.

Cotton ball & tape the mic for wind issues.

You have the voice for narration.
:thumbsup:

RG1976

Mar 30, 2015
Scottsdale, Arizona
Detector(s) used

Primary Interest:
Other
Don't listen to Hal. If you go out shooting with a tripod - you will be considered a pro and have to start paying for permits.

I realize Hal doesn't know what's involved in all this and I'd hate to see you in trouble.

Of course - also hire a good entertainment lawyer - your results may vary.

Cell phone only - no microphones - no props - nothing that would make you appear to be "professional".

OP
OP
Azquester

Azquester

Bronze Member
Dec 15, 2006
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Ryan,

My first group of Videos were short little things so that's why I'm ahead in number no real comparison though yours have way more historical content than mine and mine were sort of disemboweled from the theme of where they were shot.

This pile of rocks had no design feature to them in other words it had no Janus head on the pile. Janus was important as it represented the morning and evening sun as the power of the light machine based on solar time.

Everything was so dang hot! My boot souls were melting on the rocks!

The small amount of dirt was just a natural thing you pick up dirt not expecting it to be a smoldering ember scorching hot!

I honestly think you could have fried bacon that day no kidding! I have photographed the Superstitions from there and you can see some shadow symbols I think I highlighted and posted them on the Stone Maps Solar Lunar thread.

Most of those are just pointers or horses the only one I've seen with the poodle is in the Catalina Mountains down here.

I know about the phone thing I'm used to filming with my Nikon but I also discovered if you block the sides of the picture during those shaky maneuvers it helps keep you from getting a headache watching the traveling it sort of blocks your Peripheral vision and prevents motion sickness.

If I used my Nikon I would just set it up on the tripod and it would be harder for the microphone to reach I don't have any wireless sound equipment for my camera so Im forced to use my Galaxy 5 for the travel and narration.

No ads only humor.

Unless you consider a dead Coyote or old panties an ad.

RG1976

Mar 30, 2015
Scottsdale, Arizona
Detector(s) used

Primary Interest:
Other
Okay that makes more sense to me in regard to Janus. Thanks for clarifying that. That part of research is all new to me.

Do you have any examples of what a Janus head looks like?

releventchair

Gold Member
May 9, 2012
Primary Interest:
Other
“It is not the critic who counts, not the one who points out how the strong man stumbled or how the doer of deeds might have done them better. The credit belongs to the man who is actually in the arena, whose face is marred with sweat and dust and blood; who strives valiantly; who errs and comes up short time and time again; who knows the great enthusiasms, the great devotions, and spends himself a worthy cause; who if he wins knows the triumph of high achievement; and who, if he fails, at least fails while daring greatly, so that his place shall never be with those cold and timid souls who know neither victory or defeat.”
Theodore Roosevelt

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread