Challenge for Superstition Gold

Status
Not open for further replies.

azdave35

Silver Member
Dec 19, 2008

I just got off the phone with Ryan and he said that he was able to purchase the Tumlinson Manuscript "Challenge for Superstition Gold". The book is about 150 pages long, consisting of about 50% writing by Travis (typed by type writer) and then original hand writing of word changes, etc. The other 50% has original photographs of the stone maps, the original bumper photo (without the blacked out section) and a selection of photos of Travis with the stones that the family has allowed him to use, that are not part of the manuscript. There are quite a few maps Travis drew by hand - and a lot of pages of treasure symbols, that he felt decoded the stone maps.

i know he plans to publish it for the world to see - he will also be working with the Tumlinson family to get their first hand accounts on what happened. ..ryan is thinking it might be as much as a year before the book is ready

Last edited:

DiggerGal

Oct 12, 2013
California
Detector(s) used
Garrett AT Pro
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
This is just AMAZING!!!! I can't believe it!!! I am going to try to contact him to see if he will allow me to pre-order one! I'm so excited for him! And to see what's in that damn book!!!!

cw0909

Silver Member
Dec 24, 2006
Primary Interest:
Other
azdave35, ask Ryan if he has access to the other 3 Tumlinson Manuscript copies
for comparison, if not i dont think i would invest so much time and $$, as you cant
know for sure, whats what, without seeing the other copies, almost like the stones
copies ,copies and more copies

Other than the original Manuscript there are at least three other copies. Alice Tumlinson has a copy, Clarence Mitchell has a copy and one other Tumlinson family member has a copy.

http://www.treasurenet.com/forums/l...ll-peralta-stone-maps-moel-3.html#post4585675

I just got off the phone with Ryan and he said that he was able to purchase the Tumlinson Manuscript "Challenge for Superstition Gold". The book is about 150 pages long, consisting of about 50% writing by Travis (typed by type writer) and then original hand writing of word changes, etc. The other 50% has original photographs of the stone maps, the original bumper photo (without the blacked out section) and a selection of photos of Travis with the stones that the family has allowed him to use, that are not part of the manuscript. There are quite a few maps Travis drew by hand - and a lot of pages of treasure symbols, that he felt decoded the stone maps.

i know he plans to publish it for the world to see - he will also be working with the Tumlinson family to get their first hand accounts on what happened. ..ryan is thinking it might be as much as a year before the book is ready

Old

Feb 25, 2015
Virginia
Detector(s) used
Whites
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Congratulations Ryan!! Good job.

Where there is a will, there is a way. I'm so glad you stayed the course. Can't wait to see. This should be spectacular.

Lynda

DiggerGal

Oct 12, 2013
California
Detector(s) used
Garrett AT Pro
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
for comparison, if not i dont think i would invest so much time and $$, as you cant
know for sure, whats what, without seeing the other copies, almost like the stones

http://www.treasurenet.com/forums/l...ll-peralta-stone-maps-moel-3.html#post4585675

CW,

As I understand it, Ryan is obtaining THE original manuscript. The copies are just that...copies.
If the 3 copies are still in existence, it would be hard for them to still be legible unless the were preserved correctly. Assuming that IF the copies were actually made, and they were copied for a few select individuals after TT died in 1961, think of what type of copies were made at that time. Most likely it was heat transfer which fades to nothing after about 45 days unless preserved professionally.

OP
OP
A

azdave35

Silver Member
Dec 19, 2008

Ryan is working with the descendants of the tumlinsons..he is aware of the mitchell copy..but as matthew roberts said: the mitchell xerox copy isnt complete ...Ryan was able to obtain the full and complete original version..directly from the family

DiggerGal

Oct 12, 2013
California
Detector(s) used
Garrett AT Pro
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Congratulations Ryan!! Good job.

Where there is a will, there is a way. I'm so glad you stayed the course. Can't wait to see. This should be spectacular.

Lynda

It's sooooooo exciting! I can't wait! I'm not even a treasure hunter! Lol

cw0909

Silver Member
Dec 24, 2006
Primary Interest:
Other
congrats Ryan, i just knew, you would be your thorough self
so who is Ryan playing in the historical sketch movie, LOL
Ryan i pm you with my contact info, keep me informed please
thanks for the info azdave35

cw0909

Silver Member
Dec 24, 2006
Primary Interest:
Other
are there any written words by T.T. anywhere, even something like
a letter home, or a postcard, anything

DiggerGal

Oct 12, 2013
California
Detector(s) used
Garrett AT Pro
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
CW...
I just talked to Ryan, he has emailed Treasure_Hunter as something has happened and his log in is not working.
As for the handwriting, the answer is a simple yes.

deducer

Bronze Member
Jan 7, 2014
Primary Interest:
Other
CW...
I just talked to Ryan, he has emailed Treasure_Hunter as something has happened and his log in is not working.
As for the handwriting, the answer is a simple yes.

From what I understand he has been blocked from logging in, as has Frank.

Perhaps the mods can clear this up for us by explaining what the issue here is.

Oso

May 26, 2015
Foothills of Supes
Primary Interest:
Relic Hunting
From what I understand he has been blocked from logging in, as has Frank.

Too bad, T-net and Ryan/Frank will be fine without each other but, in my opinion, better together.

Regardless, congratulations to Ryan; quite the coup. It blows me away that he was able to pull it off after all the years of speculation. Might even be a heap of proof in the manuscript...

deducer

Bronze Member
Jan 7, 2014
Primary Interest:
Other
Too bad, T-net and Ryan/Frank will be fine without each other but, in my opinion, better together.

Regardless, congratulations to Ryan; quite the coup. It blows me away that he was able to pull it off after all the years of speculation. Might even be a heap of proof in the manuscript...

Frank and Ryan are still working together. Their next video should be released shortly, if I'm not wrong.

Oso

May 26, 2015
Foothills of Supes
Primary Interest:
Relic Hunting
Frank and Ryan are still working together. Their next video should be released shortly, if I'm not wrong.

Good to know.

To be clear, I was talking about the relationship between T-net and Ryan and Frank as opposed to the relationship between Ryan and Frank.

cw0909

Silver Member
Dec 24, 2006
Primary Interest:
Other
hmmm, i thought they just couldnt post the vid 6, but they could still post

From what I understand he has been blocked from logging in,

Last edited by a moderator:

Matthew Roberts

Bronze Member
Apr 27, 2013
Paradise Valley, Arizona
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Ryan is working with the descendants of the tumlinsons..he is aware of the mitchell copy..but as matthew roberts said: the mitchell xerox copy isnt complete ...Ryan was able to obtain the full and complete original version..directly from the family

Hi azdave35,

I just wanted to be clear because there is some confusion and everyone should understand what was said.

None of Tumlinson's works, the Manuscript and the Journal are complete. Travis Tumlinson died before he could complete them. When someone says they have obtained the full and complete version they mean everything that was completed up to the time Travis Tumlinson died. All three copies I am aware of are the same in completeness. Travis and CO Mitchell were working together on a book which was only about 1/4 complete when Tumlinson died. They had not even got started on the good stuff at that point.

What puzzles me is the "manuscript" is being talked about but not the other work which is more of a Journal than a book-manuscript. The Mitchell copies are in fine shape and no problem with reading them, also the copies of the photos are in good condition.

Alice Jane Tumlinson , Travis Tumlinson's daughter had a copy of her fathers manuscript, not the original. The Tumlinson family has been interviewed on at least three separate occasions prior to the beginning of these Tnet Video's. Alice Jane Tumlinson and others close to Travis Tumlinson have been interviewed and their remembrances already recorded. Clarence Mitchell who was probably as close if not closer to Travis Tumlinson than his family where the Stone Maps were concerned kept detailed record of his relationship with the Tumlinsons.

The only reason the Tumlinson manuscript and photos have not appeared in public is out of respect for the family and their wishes. Since the family obviously now no longer cares and has gone the money route I don't see any reason to hold back any of the other copies and things.

Another puzzling aspect, weren't these the same folks who only a few weeks ago were calling Travis Tumlinson and others in the family crooks, liars, con artists and scammers ? I guess money heals all wounds. I very much look forward to seeing what gets published and if there is anything new that hasn't already been brought up.

Matthew

OP
OP
A

azdave35

Silver Member
Dec 19, 2008
Hi azdave35,

I just wanted to be clear because there is some confusion and everyone should understand what was said.

None of Tumlinson's works, the Manuscript and the Journal are complete. Travis Tumlinson died before he could complete them. When someone says they have obtained the full and complete version they mean everything that was completed up to the time Travis Tumlinson died. All three copies I am aware of are the same in completeness. Travis and CO Mitchell were working together on a book which was only about 1/4 complete when Tumlinson died. They had not even got started on the good stuff at that point.

What puzzles me is the "manuscript" is being talked about but not the other work which is more of a Journal than a book-manuscript. The Mitchell copies are in fine shape and no problem with reading them, also the copies of the photos are in good condition.

Alice Jane Tumlinson , Travis Tumlinson's daughter had a copy of her fathers manuscript, not the original. The Tumlinson family has been interviewed on at least three separate occasions prior to the beginning of these Tnet Video's. Alice Jane Tumlinson and others close to Travis Tumlinson have been interviewed and their remembrances already recorded. Clarence Mitchell who was probably as close if not closer to Travis Tumlinson than his family where the Stone Maps were concerned kept detailed record of his relationship with the Tumlinsons.

The only reason the Tumlinson manuscript and photos have not appeared in public is out of respect for the family and their wishes. Since the family obviously now no longer cares and has gone the money route I don't see any reason to hold back any of the other copies and things.

Another puzzling aspect, weren't these the same folks who only a few weeks ago were calling Travis Tumlinson and others in the family crooks, liars, con artists and scammers ? I guess money heals all wounds. I very much look forward to seeing what gets published and if there is anything new that hasn't already been brought up.

Matthew

matthew....time will tell....you know the old saying...everything eventually comes out in the wash

i am the horse

Apr 17, 2014
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
so let me get this straight. travis tumlinson wrote a manuscript about his failed attempt to make sense of the maps and everyone here is excited that a book is coming out with the info? umm ok

Status
Not open for further replies.

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread