OP
OP
T

TEGlover

Jan 21, 2013
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Gentlemen,

I want to thank you for your interest, and I hope/trust you and yours have all had a safe Christmas. The book is "Treasure Tales of the Superstitions" and it is now available at two outlets. More after the first of the year. The two outlets are: i) The Superstition Mountain Museum (Superstition Mountain Museum | Lost Dutchman Museum) and ii) Guidon Books (Guidon Books | Western Americana and Civil War Books). Most are acquainted with the Museum, but if you are not acquainted with Guidon you should take a look as they specialize in Western American and the Civil War.

Via Con Dios,

Thomas

gollum

Gold Member
Jan 2, 2006
Arizona Vagrant
Detector(s) used
Minelab SD2200D (Modded)/ Whites GMT 24k / Fisher FX-3 / Fisher Gold Bug II / Fisher Gemini / Schiebel MIMID / Falcon MD-20
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Mike,

According to Baker Looney, it was Curt Gentry who made up all the BS for the book, not Glen Magill. As a little side note, I have the copy of the book that Gentry inscribed to his mother.:dontknow:

I may have already mentioned this, but we received a very nice Christmas card from Baker last week. He's as sharp as ever, but I know his health is failing fast. Bakers a true gentlemen and it wouldn't hurt for those who have one, to put him on your prayer list.

Merry Christmas!

Joe

Hey Joe,

Hope you and Carolyn had a wonderful Christmas.

That is interesting, did he say what Magill thought of the final product (Killer Mountains)?

Mike

cw0909

Silver Member
Dec 24, 2006
Primary Interest:
Other
guidon books, wow still open, havent been there since 82-83, my last jesuit hunt
with del and the old timers. i see they moved, old place was so crammed with books
made it look smaller than it was

Gentlemen,

I want to thank you for your interest, and I hope/trust you and yours have all had a safe Christmas. The book is "Treasure Tales of the Superstitions" and it is now available at two outlets. More after the first of the year. The two outlets are: i) The Superstition Mountain Museum (Superstition Mountain Museum | Lost Dutchman Museum) and ii) Guidon Books (Guidon Books | Western Americana and Civil War Books). Most are acquainted with the Museum, but if you are not acquainted with Guidon you should take a look as they specialize in Western American and the Civil War.

Via Con Dios,

Thomas

azdave35

Silver Member
Dec 19, 2008
Hey Joe,

Hope you and Carolyn had a wonderful Christmas.

That is interesting, did he say what Magill thought of the final product (Killer Mountains)?

Mike

25 years ago i worked a mine for a guy north of cave creek..and naturally he thought it was the lost dutchman mine....he wanted to write a book about it but he wasn't much of a writer so he contracted a writer (like magill did) to write for him... he gave the writer all the info and instructed him how he wanted the book written...by the time the book came out the mine owner was hopping mad....the book was mostly b.s and the writer used very little of the mine owners info....i think that happens more often than not..most of the people i have talked to that contracted someone else to write for them was very unhappy...i guess the old saying is true...if you want anything done right...you need to do it yourself

gollum

Gold Member
Jan 2, 2006
Arizona Vagrant
Detector(s) used
Minelab SD2200D (Modded)/ Whites GMT 24k / Fisher FX-3 / Fisher Gold Bug II / Fisher Gemini / Schiebel MIMID / Falcon MD-20
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Hey Dave,

Hope your Christmas was awesome as well. A question completely off topic:

Did you ever spend any time in the Dripping Springs Mountains?

Mike

Last edited:

azdave35

Silver Member
Dec 19, 2008
Hey Dave,

Hope your Christmas was awesome as well. A question completely off topic:

Did you ever spent any time in the Dripping Springs Mountains?

Mike

yes i have spent alot of time up there mike...alot of good prospecting there but also alot of private property....the west side is pretty accessible but the east side is mostly private ..any area's in particular you are interested in?

Azquester

Bronze Member
Dec 15, 2006
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I went to Guidon Books...I did a search and found it... then I ordered it...went back to find it again and Guidon search says it's not there? I was a little surprised it was a large paper back book. Nice price though I was expecting something more along the lines of $100.

Thanks Mr Glover!

Gentlemen,

Via Con Dios,

Thomas

deducer

Bronze Member
Jan 7, 2014
Primary Interest:
Other
Gentlemen,

Via Con Dios,

Thomas

Just ordered my copy. Looking forward to it, thank you.

OP
OP
T

TEGlover

Jan 21, 2013
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Gentlemen,

The initial difficulty with the first printing of the book was discussed with retailers and it turns out it can be and has been addressed with a simply Errata sheet. The book is good to go. Guidon has been resupplied after their first order sold out. And the book is back on the shelves at the museum.

Thomas

Thomas

Last edited:

cactusjumper

Gold Member
Dec 10, 2005
Arizona
Gentlermen,

Re: my new book save your money. I have just found out that at least one chapter is out of sequence. Thus the pagination is "curious", let alone what that does to the index. I do not know how this happened. It was check and rechecked. But it happened. The application files (InDesign) show all the chapters and pagination in proper order. How exporting it to PDF for the printer messed up I do not know. The information is there, but! Once corrected I think it will go on Kindle. In the mean time, thank you for your interest and support.

Thomas

Thomas

Thomas,

I will take mine with the chapter out of sequence. That should have no effect on the quality of your work. I expect most of the members here will feel the same way. It's hard to find good help these days. I suppose that holds true for printers as well.

Happy New Year!

Joe & Carolyn

copperpot

Mar 17, 2015
Mesa, AZ
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
yes i have spent alot of time up there mike...alot of good prospecting there but also alot of private property....the west side is pretty accessible but the east side is mostly private ..any area's in particular you are interested in?

I hope you had a good Christmas!

Where would you say is a good area in the valley, or near the valley, for the best place to prospect?

OP
OP
T

TEGlover

Jan 21, 2013
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Gentleman,

The glitch with the book has been resolved. They will be back on sale soon. I asked the Museum and Guidon to withdraw the book until I could discuss the "chapter issue" with them. They have helped and a solution has been found. In the next day or two the book will be available from the Superstition Mountain Museum and a day or two later again from Guidon. The delay with Guidon is they have sold out the first order of the book before I could caution them and I must restock them.

Thomas

PS: Food for thought -- what if Adolph Ruth's search in the Superstitions was the third or fourth place he had searched for the mine? What if much of the Ruth story, e.g., the death of Senor Gonzales, and other things, are not as we have been told all these years?

cactusjumper

Gold Member
Dec 10, 2005
Arizona
Thomas,

Trust you had a wonderful Christmas. Was there any of that white stuff?:weather_snow:

If possible, save a misprint version for me. I am looking forward to some serious time with the new book. As you know, there is a rumor of Ruth being in the mountains sometime around 1928. A few people have mentioned a letter with that information in it. If you have, somehow dug that up, it's a game changer.

Take care,

Joe

deducer

Bronze Member
Jan 7, 2014
Primary Interest:
Other
Gentleman,

The glitch with the book has been resolved. They will be back on sale soon. I asked the Museum and Guidon to withdraw the book until I could discuss the "chapter issue" with them. They have helped and a solution has been found. In the next day or two the book will be available from the Superstition Mountain Museum and a day or two later again from Guidon. The delay with Guidon is they have sold out the first order of the book before I could caution them and I must restock them.

Thomas

PS: Food for thought -- what if Adolph Ruth's search in the Superstitions was the third or fourth place he had searched for the mine? What if much of the Ruth story, e.g., the death of Senor Gonzales, and other things, are not as we have been told all these years?

I am one of those who will be receiving a copy from the first order, containing the misplaced chapter. I intend on keeping mine as it may turn out to be quite valuable someday :laughing7:

It will be arriving sometimes next week, in time for me to take it with me on my annual sojourn to the Caribbean.

nobodie

Jul 17, 2015
Phx. A.Z.
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
One of these days I'm going to the museum, and buy one. But I need to know how much cash to bring. Remember I can't use or buy anything on a computer.

OP
OP
T

TEGlover

Jan 21, 2013
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Gentlemen,

Two items: i) the book's price is $19.75 plus tax; ii) Joe my reference is not to Ruth having been in AZ before his celebrated/tragic trip, but to him having searched other places...not just CA.

T

Last edited:

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread