Jim Bark on Adolph Ruth

cactusjumper

Gold Member
Dec 10, 2005
Arizona
Gentlemen,

Two items: i) the book's price is $19.75 plus tax; ii) Joe my reference is not to Ruth having been in AZ before his celebrated/tragic trip, but to him having searched other places...not just CA.

T

Thomas,

Two people have told me they saw a letter placing Ruth in the Superstitions around 1928....I believe.

Looking forward to reading your new book.

Take care,

Joe

nobodie

Jul 17, 2015
Phx. A.Z.
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I hope that I can buy it before the 2nd printing. I believe it would be worth 40+.

gollum

Gold Member
Jan 2, 2006
Arizona Vagrant
Detector(s) used
Minelab SD2200D (Modded)/ Whites GMT 24k / Fisher FX-3 / Fisher Gold Bug II / Fisher Gemini / Schiebel MIMID / Falcon MD-20
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Nobodie.,

I seem to have underpriced them. $40 a book, sounds good, maybe for a second printing? Thanks for the suggestion.

T

More pictures with pop-ups! NOW ya gotta $50 book! HAHAHA

Mike

OP
OP
T

TEGlover

Jan 21, 2013
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Joe,

If you have the book, the reference to Adolph Ruth visiting Arizona in 1928 is on page 134. But the meat of this tale is in the Twice Told Tales section.

Thomas

cactusjumper

Gold Member
Dec 10, 2005
Arizona
Joe,

If you have the book, the reference to Adolph Ruth visiting Arizona in 1928 is on page 134. But the meat of this tale is in the Twice Told Tales section.

Thomas

Thomas,

Happy New Year to you and Carol.

Haven't seen the book yet. I heard about the 1928 Ruth visit to the mountains from Tom and Kraig. Both men told me they had seen the letter. Tom thought he had a copy of it somewhere, but I don't think I bugged him enough and it remains, somewhere. You guys have snow yet?

Take care,

Joe

deducer

Bronze Member
Jan 7, 2014
Primary Interest:
Other
Received my book yesterday, personally autographed by Glover, complete with misplaced chapter. :thumbsup: Took a quick look at it and it is chock full of good, solid information, no surprise there.

I look forward to reading this book under the shades of the Plaza de Armas.

cactusjumper

Gold Member
Dec 10, 2005
Arizona
Received my book yesterday, personally autographed by Glover, complete with misplaced chapter. :thumbsup: Took a quick look at it and it is chock full of good, solid information, no surprise there.

I look forward to reading this book under the shades of the Plaza de Armas.

deducer,

Which one? Should we all be jealous? :thumbsup:

Have a good time,

Joe Ribaudo

deducer

Bronze Member
Jan 7, 2014
Primary Interest:
Other
deducer,

Which one? Should we all be jealous? :thumbsup:

Have a good time,

Joe Ribaudo

The one in Old Havana. Not far from there is the Plaza de la Catedral where you will find La Catedral de la Virgen María de la Concepción Inmaculada de La Habana built by....... La Compañía de Jesús. The asymmetrical bell towers being of course, an example of their ingenuity, in that it directs heavy rainfall away and towards the ocean.

I will post some pictures when I return.

Drew52

Jan 5, 2016
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Thanks Joe. I just ordered a copy from Amazon; shipping to Australia was far cheaper than Guidon. I couldn't find it listed at the museum site.

Andrew

Drew52

Jan 5, 2016
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Thanks for the welcome Roy.

I've been following these forums with great interest for over ten years and have come to respect many of the regulars here such as Joe and yourself. Most of the information I have learned on the LDM is from these forums. I obtained a copy of Helen Corbin's "The Bible" before the Olbers manifest issue surfaced; still plenty of good information in it though. I'm looking forward to reading Thomas's new book.

Andrew

cactusjumper

Gold Member
Dec 10, 2005
Arizona
Thanks for the welcome Roy.

I've been following these forums with great interest for over ten years and have come to respect many of the regulars here such as Joe and yourself. Most of the information I have learned on the LDM is from these forums. I obtained a copy of Helen Corbin's "The Bible" before the Olbers manifest issue surfaced; still plenty of good information in it though. I'm looking forward to reading Thomas's new book.

Andrew

Andrew,

Welcome to TNet!

Thank you for the kind words. Roy is a good friend to have.......anywhere.

Good luck,

Joe

Oroblanco

Gold Member
Jan 21, 2005
DAKOTA TERRITORY
Detector(s) used
Tesoro Lobo Supertraq, (95%) Garrett Scorpion (5%)
Andrew,

Welcome to TNet!

Thank you for the kind words. Roy is a good friend to have.......anywhere.

Good luck,

Joe

Thank you Joe for the very kind words, I can say the same thing about you, and not kidding either. Thanks Andrew and we do get to know each other over time, even have some tussles but usually remain friends. Your choices for your library are very good in my opinion, would recommend to add a few others like Sims Ely's The Lost Dutchman Mine, a bit hard to find and pricey but worth it for starters.

:coffee2: :coffee2:

Drew52

Jan 5, 2016
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Drew, ya upsidedowner, Bien venidos. Don't listen to Cactus or Roy, Cactus ate my steak and Roy refuses to go open Tayopa for me.

Hi RdTTT,
Although from down under I still have my feet on the ground. Thanks for the welcome. I'm always interested in what Joe and Roy have to say, as well as others including yourself.

Joe, thanks for the tip on Abe Books. They did have a copy of the Sims Ely book and I've ordered it; very good price.

Andrew

gollum

Gold Member
Jan 2, 2006
Arizona Vagrant
Detector(s) used
Minelab SD2200D (Modded)/ Whites GMT 24k / Fisher FX-3 / Fisher Gold Bug II / Fisher Gemini / Schiebel MIMID / Falcon MD-20
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Hi RdTTT,
Although from down under I still have my feet on the ground. Thanks for the welcome. I'm always interested in what Joe and Roy have to say, as well as others including yourself.

Joe, thanks for the tip on Abe Books. They did have a copy of the Sims Ely book and I've ordered it; very good price.

Andrew

Maybe your feet are on the ground, but the water in your sinks and toilets spin backwards! One of the most fun places I have been to was Perth, WA.

Mike

Hal Croves

Silver Member
Sep 25, 2010
Andrew,

Abe Books is a good source to add to your library. There are a number of copies of Sims Ely's book available there.

Sims Ely - AbeBooks

Good luck,

Joe Ribaudo

Sims Ely: Have you posted or do you remember reading anything posted about Ely?
Specifically, information about his life in Phoenix and obviously, his connection to Waltz and Julia.
For anyone owning a copy, is any of this covered in his book?
Thank you.

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread