Is my mine the LDM?

azdave35

Silver Member
Dec 19, 2008
Ah come on Dave, I watched a couple of Jeff's video's (thanks Bill), the guy is getting some gold.
Maybe he over acts a bit, but he knows some stuff.

You old sedentary prospectors (not you young Dave) might want to consider Jeff as a possible 'energetic' guest speaker at your Rendezvous? Hard to sleep through that!

lol..the only gold he gets is what he salts the pan with

audigger53

Mar 27, 2004
Severn, Maryland
Detector(s) used
None
Primary Interest:
Cache Hunting
I liked where he called it wire gold in the beginning and he doesn't have a clue what that is as per his video. It sure isn't small flakes. ;)

PROSPECTORMIKEL

Silver Member
Mar 31, 2011
N/W ARKANSAS
Detector(s) used
FISHER
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Let's see, how do I put this?

He "teaches" faster than I learn.
So it could be, just me.

<|80{>~

EarnieP

Jul 20, 2015
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
A serious student of geology at the very least.
There is some wisdom under that hat;

audigger53

Mar 27, 2004
Severn, Maryland
Detector(s) used
None
Primary Interest:
Cache Hunting
You can learn something from almost anyone, if you pay attention. I know a couple places he would love to go to. LOL

PROSPECTORMIKEL

Silver Member
Mar 31, 2011
N/W ARKANSAS
Detector(s) used
FISHER
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Let's see, how do I put this?

He "teaches" faster than I learn.
So it could be, just me.

I don't think so. I think he was just doing it to be a "Funny" show. "Your supposed to be looking for Claim Jumpers!"

Yeah, AU. He does a pretty good job imitating ,Tom Massey trying to act.
Both of them tend to babble incoherently.

#/;0)~

EarnieP

Jul 20, 2015
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Some may like this better, good stuff.

On YouTube;

Gold Bearing Fluids with Prof Stephen Cox: Part 1 and Part 2

Explanation on how orogenic gold is formed.
(Sorry, video wouldn't allow me to link.)

Last edited:
OP
OP
BlackLine

BlackLine

Feb 7, 2016
NRW, Germany
Detector(s) used
Fisher Gold Bug 2
Primary Interest:
Other
only for the future... if anybody think that he/she found anything. do it like the dutchman and take it to your grave. i spent much time the last year here and offered different people different places... at the end i got no answers. directly after they knows what they are intresting in they dont know you... so you might feel good, but check it on yourself... i think its the natural of all these treasure hunters... they wont find it... okay they wont find it together... they want to find it alone, but nobody had find it alone................ im out

EarnieP

Jul 20, 2015
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
only for the future... if anybody think that he/she found anything. do it like the dutchman and take it to your grave. i spent much time the last year here and offered different people different places... at the end i got no answers. directly after they knows what they are intresting in they dont know you... so you might feel good, but check it on yourself... i think its the natural of all these treasure hunters... they wont find it... okay they wont find it together... they want to find it alone, but nobody had find it alone................ im out

Stick around Blackline, your ideas are as good as any others.
I doubt very few have been working seriously in the Superstition for the last several months, ...too hot.
Now things are cooling off, maybe someone will check out your locations for you, keep asking.

Good luck

Azquester

Bronze Member
Dec 15, 2006
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting

A lot of us already have spots picked out Blackline. Not so many people come forth and give out sites as you do. I have some temporary problems that are keeping me from my own sites so it frustrating to be sidelined. But you're being Black lined like your name.

I'll be giving a tour of my first site to a couple of people after the Rendezvous and that will be the test for my healed knee.
I have more interest in both my finds down here right this minute.

Later next month I'll be going back to the Pit Mine when it cools.
I have a date in southern AZ with a Key stone that removes revealing a Map to a doorway into a chamber I hope!:sunny::sunny:

Like they say Free Mason's only work on a sunny day...

Jeff Williams gives out his sites to but I bet they've been hashed over by now.

TallTx

Greenie
May 20, 2016
Georgetown, TX
Detector(s) used
Winbest Sharp
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Blackline,

I also live far away from The Superstitions and am tied to running an office so cannot find time to get out there to see if any of my own hunches have any merit.
Unlike you, I have yet to have made an actual visit to confirm my ideas and therefore keep them to myself since there's no proof from feet on the ground so to speak.
I applaud you for starting this thread and sharing as much as you have.
Have enjoyed this thread and hope you will continue to contribute to this forum.

Tim

nobodie

Jul 17, 2015
Phx. A.Z.
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Blackline, EarnieP is right, the heat is a killer. Some of us have our own area where we think the LDM is. Someone may be looking at your area and not saying anything. And then there are those who just want to talk about, how old barbed wire is( 1867 ). Keep talking, people are listening. All opinions are welcome.

Oroblanco

Gold Member
Jan 21, 2005
DAKOTA TERRITORY
Detector(s) used
Tesoro Lobo Supertraq, (95%) Garrett Scorpion (5%)
Blackline, a quick question for you:

How important is it to you, that your mine is the lost mine of Jacob Waltz?

Just curious, personally if the mine is rich in gold, I would not care what it is called or named. But I would like to know if it is very important to you that it be the mine of Jacob Waltz or not too important at all, thanks in advance.

:coffee2::coffee2: :coffee::coffee2:

OP
OP
BlackLine

BlackLine

Feb 7, 2016
NRW, Germany
Detector(s) used
Fisher Gold Bug 2
Primary Interest:
Other
Blackline, a quick question for you:

How important is it to you, that your mine is the lost mine of Jacob Waltz?

Just curious, personally if the mine is rich in gold, I would not care what it is called or named. But I would like to know if it is very important to you that it be the mine of Jacob Waltz or not too important at all, thanks in advance.

:coffee2::coffee2: :coffee::coffee2:

thats the only thing that matters for me. f o the gold... its a great feeling to stay there and find history.

PROSPECTORMIKEL

Silver Member
Mar 31, 2011
N/W ARKANSAS
Detector(s) used
FISHER
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Black line, stand your ground.
I have worked my site for over thirteen years, and written a book about the search.
I have only the signs and symbols to show and an empty vault to show for all of those years.

But I know the real history of it. Every little discovery is a thrill.

That is my drive and inspiration. Never give up or give in!

#/:0{>~

Hal Croves

Silver Member
Sep 25, 2010
Black line, stand your ground.
I have worked my site for over thirteen years, and written a book about the search.
I have only the signs and symbols to show and an empty vault to show for all of those years.

But I know the real history of it. Every little discovery is a thrill.

That is my drive and inspiration. Never give up or give in!

#/:0{>~

I wouldn't mind reading your book PROSPECTORMIKEL.
Would you share the tittle or PM it to me?

Thanks.

PROSPECTORMIKEL

Silver Member
Mar 31, 2011
N/W ARKANSAS
Detector(s) used
FISHER
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I wouldn't mind reading your book PROSPECTORMIKEL.
Would you share the tittle or PM it to me?

Thanks.

Hal, there are a few posted on Jose's thread. One that I haven't had to edit or remove, due to land owner's protection or copyright technicalities etc... I have had to re-write more than I care to admit

If you know where Jose's "Misc. Data and adventures of a Tayopa treasure hunter" is then go back to the beginning and I have one on post 27.

The book is in my laptop and I am now using my phone for posting, my work on the book is trapped in an aging laptop that I dare not tax with online risks.

There are a few others scattered on that thread along with many other tales and posts that are all well worth reading.

Use caution there as it is addicting to read all of them.

Let me know if you can't find it and I'll find the path for you.

#/;0)~

PROSPECTORMIKEL

Silver Member
Mar 31, 2011
N/W ARKANSAS
Detector(s) used
FISHER
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
One story that Jim told me, that isn't in the book, but is still good.

Jim and one of his ex partners were camped out in the middle of nowhere, surviving on coffee and rabbits. There are only so manny ways to cook a rabbit.
Jim's partner was geared up with a Ruger 10/22with two 30 shot banana clips taped together for quick change.

Jim packed a 45, for larger threats.

Jim took off for an early walk looking for shadow signs while dreaming of squirrel bacon and roadrunner eggs when he got back to camp. He wasn't paying attention and got his wake up call from a bear going away from camp on the trail.
Jim saw him in time to shoot a large rock next to the bear, to scare him off of the trail...

It didn't work as planned. He turned and ran over a small hill leading back to camp. Jim started chasing him, but the bear was over the hill and headed for camp... Jim heard the first 30 shots and then the other 30 shots as he cleared the hill and ran into camp.

His partner was standing with the bears nose on his boots and when Jim got there, his partner had the rifle pointed at the lifeless bear, still pulling the trigger as if the gun would still fire.

Jim slowly removed the rifle from his partner and told him he had killed it and that he tried to scare it away and it headed straight at the camp. That too failed to calm him. He started cussing at Jim for about 20 minutes before he just ran out of words.

Jim was relieved that it was over and said " at least we don't have to eat any more rabbit for a while.

That started the cussing all over again.

Jim was sure that he was served each and every one of the 60 slugs.

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest Discussions