Garrett 2500
Primary Interest:
Other

somehiker

Silver Member
May 1, 2007
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Looks like the big geode you had in the background of this shot......

IMG_1259 Micks figurine.JPG

Just take it outside and use natural lighting.

audigger

What would it be worth if you got thousands and thousands of carats laced with gold.

View attachment 1496456
View attachment 1496458
View attachment 1496459

The first pick notice the rock with 5...
on it. Three mines here.
Pic 2 gold laced
Pic 3 another mine
Pic 4 large very fine stones

I guess I should of said one mine 3 shafts inside.

wrmickel1

wrmickel1

Bronze Member
Nov 7, 2011
Jamestown ND
Detector(s) used
Garrett 2500
Primary Interest:
Other
Looks like the big geode you had in the background of this shot......

View attachment 1496754

Just take it outside and use natural lighting.

Somehiker

I have 19 big Geode to be exact, but there worth more if left in tact. But do I CENTS ALITTLE SARCASTIC IMPLEMENTATION. meaning your not believing my post again.

Why I'm dishearten!

Now try to keep up Cause you an't seen nothing yet.

Take me to your Pic!

Wrmickel1

wrmickel1

Bronze Member
Nov 7, 2011
Jamestown ND
Detector(s) used
Garrett 2500
Primary Interest:
Other
Ohh and it was 114 degrees that day and I never left it there, or wondered about something that could be more important.

I'll say it right now, I'll be watching you on the military trail from my mine

wrmickel1 give me a wave!

somehiker

Silver Member
May 1, 2007
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Well, it ain't the inside of a geode, but there's half of a big one embedded in the cliff outside.
If I see you from here sometime, I'll try to remember to wave.....

Sups gold veins 3.jpg

wrmickel1

Bronze Member
Nov 7, 2011
Jamestown ND
Detector(s) used
Garrett 2500
Primary Interest:
Other
Well, it ain't the inside of a geode, but there's half of a big one embedded in the cliff outside.
If I see you from here sometime, I'll try to remember to wave.....

View attachment 1496845

looks pretty small to me, These Stones are Hugh! 50 carats some are more.

IMG_1411.JPG

Inside here is like standing inside a Geode, but you can't stand up in here.

wrmickel1

somehiker

Silver Member
May 1, 2007
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Can't really stand up in there either. In fact, that hole in the back is hands and knees only.
This view has a large bottle of Gatorade in the foreground for reference, with the arrow showing the section of the shot in my previous photo.
You got one with something for reference ?

100_0081 cave wi mine.jpg

wrmickel1

Bronze Member
Nov 7, 2011
Jamestown ND
Detector(s) used
Garrett 2500
Primary Interest:
Other
No I don't, Had to lay on my belly to slide in there, Didn't want to dig it open to much, Just shine a light, a few samples or alittle more and take some pic's.

but the big rock with the 5 on it is about 2/2and a half feet tall I guess

wrmickel1

somehiker

Silver Member
May 1, 2007
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
No I don't, Had to lay on my belly to slide in there, Didn't want to dig it open to much, Just shine a light, a few samples or alittle more and take some pic's.

but the big rock with the 5 on it is about 2/2and a half feet tall I guess

wrmickel1

You should be able to make a few bucks by setting up a table at the flea market.
Quite a few folks think crystals like those have healing power.....the bigger, the better.

Cubfan64

Silver Member
Feb 13, 2006
New Hampshire - USA
Detector(s) used
Fisher CZ21, Teknetics T2 & Minelab Sovereign GT
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I can't say where this came from, but it's one of the favorites in my collection...
amethyst 1.jpg
amethyst 2.jpg

wrmickel1

Bronze Member
Nov 7, 2011
Jamestown ND
Detector(s) used
Garrett 2500
Primary Interest:
Other
Cubfan Nice

How many are in your collection, My favorite rock I call the snake rock has a fossilized Snake rapped around it.
I rapped it with copper tubing and hung in a tree outside, And a fossilized vertebrae about 16 in long that comes apart and put back together it's cool to play with, But my niece played with it as a kid and now has kids that I gave it to her.

I miss it though

take care Wrmickel1

Cubfan64

Silver Member
Feb 13, 2006
New Hampshire - USA
Detector(s) used
Fisher CZ21, Teknetics T2 & Minelab Sovereign GT
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Cubfan Nice

How many are in your collection, My favorite rock I call the snake rock has a fossilized Snake rapped around it.
I rapped it with copper tubing and hung in a tree outside, And a fossilized vertebrae about 16 in long that comes apart and put back together it's cool to play with, But my niece played with it as a kid and now has kids that I gave it to her.

I miss it though

take care Wrmickel1

Meh, I'm a piker when it comes to rocks/gem collecting. I don't like to collect things I don't find myself, and I don't get out hunting often enough to really have more than a middling box of stuff. I'm still holding out hope that my health holds out long enough that I can move out to AZ when I finally get to retire and have at least a few years where I can really go out and get lost in the wilds whenever I want :). Fossils are really interesting - the snake one sounds pretty neat.

davin

May 10, 2011
north idaho
Detector(s) used
whites GMT
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Can't really stand up in there either. In fact, that hole in the back is hands and knees only.
This view has a large bottle of Gatorade in the foreground for reference, with the arrow showing the section of the shot in my previous photo.
You got one with something for reference ?

View attachment 1497028

careful of traps.

Oroblanco

Gold Member
Jan 21, 2005
DAKOTA TERRITORY
Detector(s) used
Tesoro Lobo Supertraq, (95%) Garrett Scorpion (5%)
The current issue of Rock and Gem magazine, (December 2017) has a good article on the amethyst mine in Four Peaks. The current owners, Jerry and Mike Romanella and Kurt Cavano are apparently allowing visitors to come and dig for amethyst, for a reasonable price. The article starts at page 80, author is Bob Jones.

Please do continue,
:coffee2: :coffee: :coffee2:

azdave35

Silver Member
Dec 19, 2008
The current issue of Rock and Gem magazine, (December 2017) has a good article on the amethyst mine in Four Peaks. The current owners, Jerry and Mike Romanella and Kurt Cavano are apparently allowing visitors to come and dig for amethyst, for a reasonable price. The article starts at page 80, author is Bob Jones.

Please do continue,
:coffee2: :coffee: :coffee2:
roy..the only bummer about collecting amethyst at the four peaks mine is its in wilderness...and its a 3.5 hour walk to get in...and then 3.5 hours back to your vehicle...:BangHead:

Oroblanco

Gold Member
Jan 21, 2005
DAKOTA TERRITORY
Detector(s) used
roy..the only bummer about collecting amethyst at the four peaks mine is its in wilderness...and its a 3.5 hour walk to get in...and then 3.5 hours back to your vehicle...:BangHead:

Sheesh Dave read the article. They have helicopter transportation for the folks who are unwilling or unable to hike in. And yes I knew it is in a wilderness area, the existence of this operating mine inside a wilderness area kind of ruins the argument that some people use for an excuse for why they can't bring out gold from the lost Dutchman mine.

Coffee anyone?
:coffee2: :coffee2: :coffee: :coffee2:-

azdave35

Silver Member
Dec 19, 2008
Sheesh Dave read the article. They have helicopter transportation for the folks who are unwilling or unable to hike in. And yes I knew it is in a wilderness area, the existence of this operating mine inside a wilderness area kind of ruins the argument that some people use for an excuse for why they can't bring out gold from the lost Dutchman mine.

Coffee anyone?
:coffee2: :coffee2: :coffee: :coffee2:-

i dont have the article...you could be a nice guy and post it for us:headbang:...the amethyst mine is actually a patented mine...which means they own the property...thats how they get away with choppers landing there...but the forest service owns the land that the road going in is on...

Oroblanco

Gold Member
Jan 21, 2005
DAKOTA TERRITORY
Detector(s) used
i dont have the article...you could be a nice guy and post it for us:headbang:...the amethyst mine is actually a patented mine...which means they own the property...thats how they get away with choppers landing there...but the forest service owns the land that the road going in is on...

Maybe they have it in the AJ library? :dontknow: I don't have a scanner and it would be a LOT of typing, maybe if I have the time some night and nothing more interesting to do I will type it in. Anyway the mag is only five bucks, not going to break anyone, just thought that if anyone was interested in getting amethyst from this famous Arizona mine the article would be of interest to them and it can be arranged to get Amethyst, or if anyone doesn't like the idea of the hike or heli ride they sell them in their own store which I think is in Mesa? Four Peaks Mining Company is the name if I remember it right.

:coffee2: :coffee: :coffee2: :coffee2:

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread