IF YOU FIND LDM WHERE DO YOU GO FROM THERE?

SGnAZ

Aug 20, 2008
1.Keep my mouth shut
2.Keep my mouth shut
3.Keep my mouth shut
4.Keep my mouth shut

markmar

Silver Member
Oct 17, 2012
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
[h=2]IF YOU FIND LDM WHERE DO YOU GO FROM THERE?[/h]Home , but like Waltz said in the German clues , never from the same route i went there .:tongue3:

WHAT DOSE ONE DO ONCE HE FINDS THE MINE??
I can't answer for others .

WHAT WOULD YOU DO?
Take some pictures , pick a sample and cover .

WHO WOULD YOU TELL
First , to my family and after to persons who I'm trusting .

WHO WOULD YOU REPORT IT
At BLM to stake a claim , if that will be possible in the future .

ORO18 , the only difficult thing is to find the LDM , which never somebody would be able to discover without knowning the exact place where the mine is .

gollum

Gold Member
Jan 2, 2006
Arizona Vagrant
Detector(s) used
Minelab SD2200D (Modded)/ Whites GMT 24k / Fisher FX-3 / Fisher Gold Bug II / Fisher Gemini / Schiebel MIMID / Falcon MD-20
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Go on TreasureNet and tell everybody you found it!

Mike

EarnieP

Jul 20, 2015
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Possible answers might be;

1.) Quietly remove as much of value as possible to a distant secure location (several different secure locations).
Rinse, repeat ...for as long as feasible.
With some 'creative endeavors' you might end up a rich man. The myth of the LDM would continue. Which would be good for AJ, and all those dreamers would still be seeking and enjoying the search.

or

2.) Tell everyone about your discovery as fast as possible, disclose the location, sit back and watch the circus.
When the dust settles you'll have gained nothing monetarily except for possibly a book deal.
The myth will be solved. Which will be bad for AJ. And there will be no future dreamers.

Or

3.) (The correct answer) Do whatever is legal, of course! :unhappysmiley:
(Results, see 2 above)

gollum

Gold Member
Jan 2, 2006
Arizona Vagrant
Detector(s) used
Minelab SD2200D (Modded)/ Whites GMT 24k / Fisher FX-3 / Fisher Gold Bug II / Fisher Gemini / Schiebel MIMID / Falcon MD-20
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I should amend my previous post:

1. Take some very fuzzy pictures.

2. Go on TNet and tell everybody you found it.

3. Use the fuzzy pictures as proof. Actually, use Google Earth Pictures (we like those the most).

4. Then, when everybody is laughing at you, sneak into the mountains and recover all the gold. Since nobody believes you, you don't have to worry about being followed into the mountains.

Mike

gollum

Gold Member
Jan 2, 2006
Arizona Vagrant
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
It's a trick as old as the hills! If everybody thinks you're nuts, then nobody will take you seriously. If they see you in the mountains, they will avoid you at all costs. This leaves you free to do as you will!

I take a slightly different approach for myself, but do what works for ya!

Mike

JohnWhite

Bronze Member
Aug 20, 2017
Detector(s) used
Whites gmt
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I sure wouldn't go to Disneyland, I'd go to Magic Mountain instead. I haven't been to either in such a long time though. Shoot, as if anyone would actually believe that you have found the mine in the first place. People in this day and age are not very trusting when it comes to such claims. If I were to discover the mine depicted in the stones, that is if the Peralta Stones are a true depiction of the ldm. I'd try to prove to myself that I have really found the darned mine, and once I have done such a thing, I would not try to prove it to anyone. I would be content in knowing that I have proved it to my self. Wouldn't it be something if the Perfil map, The Peralta Stones, and other famous Spanish tales all really point to one mine or mining area. Quite possibly the ones mentioned by Antonio de Ulloa where platinum was discovered? I doubt such a thing and make no claims as to have found such a mine. Nor would I try to deceive anyone into believing that I have ever been to the Royal mines of Quito. Because everyone knows that Quito is actually in South America and not The Americas. Oh well. One can only dream of such things. After all, everyone knows that the ldm is a rich gold mine. Right?

hooch

Banned
Aug 4, 2008
Ahwatukee
First thing most people would do would be nothing, because A. They have zero knowledge of hard rock mining and the labor that goes into it, and B. They have zero idea nor the resources to process the ore on a federally owned piece of property. First thing they forget is the part about getting the rock to their vehicle to get it home. A backpack wont help you.

azdave35

Silver Member
Dec 19, 2008
First thing most people would do would be nothing, because A. They have zero knowledge of hard rock mining and the labor that goes into it, and B. They have zero idea nor the resources to process the ore on a federally owned piece of property. First thing they forget is the part about getting the rock to their vehicle to get it home. A backpack wont help you.

hooch is totally correct...you are not going to be able to work a hardrock mine on the wilderness...unless the ore has hunks of gold hanging off it..then you might be able to knock off a few pieces and pack it out....but sooner or later you will get far enough into the vein that you can no longer knock samples off with a pick

Shortfinger

Apr 7, 2015
Valley Center, CA/Yuma, AZ
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
It's a trick as old as the hills! If everybody thinks you're nuts, then nobody will take you seriously. If they see you in the mountains, they will avoid you at all costs. This leaves you free to do as you will!

I take a slightly different approach for myself, but do what works for ya!

Mike

I thought that was your approach......

JB

Ditlihi

Banned
Aug 20, 2016
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
WHAT DOSE ONE DO ONCE HE FINDS THE MINE?? WHAT WOULD YOU DO? WHO WOULD YOU TELL AND WOULD YOU REPORT IT???

I would take pictures, leave everything I found just the way it was when I found it, take the largest chunk of gold laden quartz I could carry in my pack, hike back out to my ride being sure not to say a word....then go home and watch everyone else chase their tail on Tnet while I carry on life as usual.

:coffee2:

EarnieP

Jul 20, 2015
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
hooch is totally correct...you are not going to be able to work a hardrock mine on the wilderness...unless the ore has hunks of gold hanging off it..then you might be able to knock off a few pieces and pack it out....but sooner or later you will get far enough into the vein that you can no longer knock samples off with a pick

Pit mine?

Riverbum

Jul 13, 2011
Colorado
Detector(s) used
Whites
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Hello,
If I found anything like LDM, I'd buy the company I work for and FIRE everyone in it. Instant Gratification.

gollum

Gold Member
Jan 2, 2006
Arizona Vagrant
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Pit mine?

Buddy,

As I understand it, there were MANY people involved with exploiting the Pit Mine. One person could not have done it.

Mike

nobodie

Jul 17, 2015
Phx. A.Z.
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
If you believe 100% that you have found the LDM. Try and look for the caches. Should be easier to get to and carry out.

markmar

Silver Member
Oct 17, 2012
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
If you believe 100% that you have found the LDM. Try and look for the caches. Should be easier to get to and carry out.
Waltz caches don't exist anymore , as Injunbro stated . Because Waltz ore were cached in the sacred cave ( across the mine ) and near by , maybe was used by the Injuns for a " sacred " purpose .

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest Discussions