Cubfan64

Silver Member
Feb 13, 2006
New Hampshire - USA
Detector(s) used
Fisher CZ21, Teknetics T2 & Minelab Sovereign GT
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Maybe they have it in the AJ library? :dontknow: I don't have a scanner and it would be a LOT of typing, maybe if I have the time some night and nothing more interesting to do I will type it in. Anyway the mag is only five bucks, not going to break anyone, just thought that if anyone was interested in getting amethyst from this famous Arizona mine the article would be of interest to them and it can be arranged to get Amethyst, or if anyone doesn't like the idea of the hike or heli ride they sell them in their own store which I think is in Mesa? Four Peaks Mining Company is the name if I remember it right.

:coffee2: :coffee: :coffee2: :coffee2:

If you or Beth have a smartphone take photos of each page and e-mail them to me - I'll crop and post them for you if you want.

mrs.oroblanco

Silver Member
Jan 2, 2008
Black Hills of South Dakota
Detector(s) used
Tesoro Lobo & Garrett Stinger
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
roy..the only bummer about collecting amethyst at the four peaks mine is its in wilderness...and its a 3.5 hour walk to get in...and then 3.5 hours back to your vehicle...:BangHead:

Actually, it was patented land - patented quite awhile ago. The people who are working it now just have to make sure they don't mess with Tonto Wilderness land surrounding it. Helicopters are in and out of there a few times a day. They stay (the owners) for 7 days or so, and then leave, and come back, meanwhile having supplies brought in and crystals brought out. The highlight of this mine is that it is the only amethyst mine that is of the same quality of the best amethysts in the world. The Four Peaks Mining Company now owns and runs it. Here's some of their stuff. Home

wrmickel1

Bronze Member
Nov 7, 2011
Jamestown ND
Detector(s) used
Garrett 2500
Primary Interest:
Other
Actually, it was patented land - patented quite awhile ago. The people who are working it now just have to make sure they don't mess with Tonto Wilderness land surrounding it. Helicopters are in and out of there a few times a day. They stay (the owners) for 7 days or so, and then leave, and come back, meanwhile having supplies brought in and crystals brought out. The highlight of this mine is that it is the only amethyst mine that is of the same quality of the best amethysts in the world. The Four Peaks Mining Company now owns and runs it. Here's some of their stuff. Home

Mrs Oroblanco

I Agree the Amethyst is of top notch Crystals, And can be found in a stream bed alittle SW of the four Peaks, A grueling journey at the least, I'd say not for the meek or a newbie.

IMG_1479.JPG

IMG_1476.JPG

And the Braclets I make sale out as fast as there made, working on one now,

IMG_1556.JPG

I'll send you a couple of the round Solitaire's if you want
No strings attached just pm me your PO box or address.

Babymick1

mrs.oroblanco

Silver Member
Jan 2, 2008
Black Hills of South Dakota
Detector(s) used
Tesoro Lobo & Garrett Stinger
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Mrs Oroblanco

I Agree the Amethyst is of top notch Crystals, And can be found in a stream bed alittle SW of the four Peaks, A grueling journey at the least, I'd say not for the meek or a newbie.

View attachment 1535734

View attachment 1535735

And the Braclets I make sale out as fast as there made, working on one now,

View attachment 1535736

I'll send you a couple of the round Solitaire's if you want
No strings attached just pm me your PO box or address.

Babymick1

I'm a rockhound at heart - have been "playing" with it for years - I got most of the equipment, from tumblers to faceting machine, dops, etc. While amethyst are not diamonds, it is like diamonds in one sense - you can run the entire gamit between "is that purple?" to "WOW" pieces. And like most faceted material, the cut can make a big difference. If its a gemstone, I like it!! I have amethyst in my collection, some that I'm waiting a long time to work on - I just have to develop the right cut, in the right place. Your picture has some pretty pieces. I wouldn't turn down an uncut piece :occasion14:

Mrs. O

wrmickel1

Bronze Member
Nov 7, 2011
Jamestown ND
Detector(s) used
Garrett 2500
Primary Interest:
Other
I'm a rockhound at heart - have been "playing" with it for years - I got most of the equipment, from tumblers to faceting machine, dops, etc. While amethyst are not diamonds, it is like diamonds in one sense - you can run the entire gamit between "is that purple?" to "WOW" pieces. And like most faceted material, the cut can make a big difference. If its a gemstone, I like it!! I have amethyst in my collection, some that I'm waiting a long time to work on - I just have to develop the right cut, in the right place. Your picture has some pretty pieces. I wouldn't turn down an uncut piece :occasion14:

Mrs. O

My Heart is a saddened Ma' damm! By the comment " If it's a Gemstone"

Now my wife, daughters, 9 sisters and my dearly departed mother loved the pieces I made for her, And not to mention
the 3 to 4 hundred pieces I've sold to tourists at the Worlds Largest Buffalo, Tourist Trap here in town.

But to help end the nonsince of painted 2x4's and dollar store intelligence! Yes I'll send you a uncut piece or two of gem
quality crystals. And yes the points off the crystals contain the deepest purple cut flat and faceted on the tops, So when
place on dark table or a ladies tanned skin produce the deepest purple. The light refracts through the top and the dark
stops the light producing a much deeper purple compared to the rounds, which light passes throughout the gem.

babymick1

wrmickel1

Bronze Member
Nov 7, 2011
Jamestown ND
Detector(s) used
Garrett 2500
Primary Interest:
Other
And Here it is

IMG_1710.JPG

The Worlds Largest Buffalo, I think it weighs 57 tons