Why no mention of recent discovery In boulder canyon..?

Bronco king

Jan 6, 2020
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Following on from last months reported discovery of a small cave in boulder canyon stacked with women's clothes from the 1860-1880time frame I'm surprised no one has mentioned it here....for of course waltzy was suspected of being a transvestite in his lifetime..in fact some go as far as to say he "was well known for it"....so what ?you might say....but surely what better place to stash his clothes than in his hidden mine? I'll be following this story for now.

azdave35

Silver Member
Dec 19, 2008
Following on from last months reported discovery of a small cave in boulder canyon stacked with women's clothes from the 1860-1880time frame I'm surprised no one has mentioned it here....for of course waltzy was suspected of being a transvestite in his lifetime..in fact some go as far as to say he "was well known for it"....so what ?you might say....but surely what better place to stash his clothes than in his hidden mine? I'll be following this story for now.
where did you hear this or are you just making a funny?:icon_scratch:

markmar

Silver Member
Oct 17, 2012
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I can't imagine an ugly 70 years old white beard transvestite LOL.
What style the women's clothes were? Anglos, Mexican or native Indian?

azdave35

Silver Member
Dec 19, 2008
I can't imagine an ugly 70 years old white beard transvestite LOL.
What style the women's clothes were? Anglos, Mexican or native Indian?
lol...marius...i wasn't thinking about the transvestite crap.:laughing7:..that is total b.s....i was wondering about the cave with the clothes in it

Idahodutch

Bronze Member
Sep 25, 2019
Idaho
Detector(s) used
Whites MXT
Gold Legend
Primary Interest:
Other
Hello Bronco King,
Welcome to Tnet. Heck of a first post:icon_thumright: you don,'t happen to have a link or something to go with that do you?
Idahodutch

OP
OP
B

Bronco king

Jan 6, 2020
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
where did you hear this or are you just making a funny?:icon_scratch:

Pheonix new times.....middle October time period 2019 .....but as I said its nothing new (the cross dressing suspicions) they go way back to the time when the epitaph ,if my memory serves me correct , reported on a fracas at a saloon when waltz showed up dressed in a pink camisole and tights..or stockings...he received a small fine ..it's all out there......DMSO ok this cave full of women's attire might have been someone else's...no way of knowing..but it' seems much more than mere coincidence surely....and before anyone gets the idea that I'm trying to besmirch the treasure hunting fraternity..well I'm not...in any community you'll always get the "rogue element" that will,if given the chance get everyone else a bad name.

azdave35

Silver Member
Dec 19, 2008
Pheonix new times.....middle October time period 2019 .....but as I said its nothing new (the cross dressing suspicions) they go way back to the time when the epitaph ,if my memory serves me correct , reported on a fracas at a saloon when waltz showed up dressed in a pink camisole and tights..or stockings...he received a small fine ..it's all out there......DMSO ok this cave full of women's attire might have been someone else's...no way of knowing..but it' seems much more than mere coincidence surely....and before anyone gets the idea that I'm trying to besmirch the treasure hunting fraternity..well I'm not...in any community you'll always get the "rogue element" that will,if given the chance get everyone else a bad name.
waltz being a crossdresser is b.s....another bar room story..unless you have proof otherwise?:icon_scratch:

markmar

Silver Member
Oct 17, 2012
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Could be a relation with the woman skeleton wich was found at the beginning of 20 century in a cave south of Black Mesa and west of Boulder Canyon. She's skeleton was without clothes, but few gold nuggets were found beside.
In the past few Indian squaws were too friendly to the Whites and have given away some gold mines in the Superstitions. From Ken Tee of Waltz to the last of Jenkins. Maybe this behavior had costs their lives in the most cases.
Jenkins was never at the mine site and supported he found alone the gold ore in the mountains. The truth was the squaw has given the ore to Jenkins and told him where the mine was. Never were together at the mine site and Jenkins never found the mine alone or with his friends.

Last edited:

Idahodutch

Bronze Member
Sep 25, 2019
Idaho
Detector(s) used
Whites MXT
Gold Legend
Primary Interest:
Other
So I checked out and there exists the Phoenix New Times. I tried to find a link to archive arrivals, and did see one. Thought I did but it just kept taking me to Jan 2020.
If you read this publication, maybe you can post a direct link to the Boulder Canyon article?
Wouldn't ask, but you started thread. :coffee2:
Idahodutch. ( articles, not arrivals)

Last edited:

azdave35

Silver Member
Dec 19, 2008
So I checked out and there exists the Phoenix New Times. I tried to find a link to archive arrivals, and did see one. Thought I did but it just kept taking me to Jan 2020.
If you read this publication, maybe you can post a direct link to the Boulder Canyon article?
Wouldn't ask, but you started thread. :coffee2:
Idahodutch. ( articles, not arrivals)
the new times is a free publication that has been around forever....

Idahodutch

Bronze Member
Sep 25, 2019
Idaho
Detector(s) used
Whites MXT
Gold Legend
Primary Interest:
Other
lol...marius...i wasn't thinking about the transvestite crap.:laughing7:..that is total b.s....i was wondering about the cave with the clothes in it
Dave, I'm not sure, but I don't think they will be your size? :laughing7:

Last edited:
OP
OP
B

Bronco king

Jan 6, 2020
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
the new times is a free publication that has been around forever....

I. Did try but had similar problems to yourself regards back issues..I'm going to attempt to contact them thro email and ask if they are able to send me snapshot of the page to post here....but bear in mind the article mentioned the cave of women's clothes not waltz initially......that came a few days later (the connection and history of waltzes court appearances for cross dressing). Even Julia Thomas mentioned it briefly but the knowledge has been widely shared back then. And to lesser degree in more recent times. Hope this helps
P.s to an earlier question as to what type of clothes they were to best of my memory the article said the clothes were of the type dance hall entertainers of the time would have reasonably been expected to wear.

sdcfia

Silver Member
Sep 28, 2014
Primary Interest:
Other
Strange allegations, but nothing compared to these serious claims from a respected Utah historian concerning the Sundance Kid.

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread