Sep 25, 2019
Idaho
Detector(s) used
Whites MXT
Gold Legend
Primary Interest:
Other
Happy Easter everyone,
I was reviewing Bicknell’s 1895 full article, and the account told about Waltz’s partner Weiser, and where Waltz put Weiser’s body.

Said put him in the crop they were digging (LDM?) and covered it up.
At some point in the legend, maybe on last trip to mine, Waltz really covered up hefty with logs and such.

Was Weiser still buried there, or was he moved?
Just curious. :icon_scratch:

Last edited by a moderator:

azdave35

Silver Member
Dec 19, 2008
Happy Easter everyone,
I was reviewing Bicknell’s 1895 full article, and the account told about Waltz’s partner Weiser, and where Waltz put Weiser’s body.

Said put him in the crop they were digging (LDM?) and covered it up.
At some point in the legend, maybe on last trip to mine, Waltz really covered up hefty with logs and such.

Was Weiser still buried there, or was he moved?
Just curious. :icon_scratch:
actually...there has never been any solid proof that there was a weiser...there is plenty of evidence that waltz existed but none has been presented that waltz had a partner named weiser or if he ever even existed:icon_scratch:

OP
OP
Idahodutch

Idahodutch

Bronze Member
Sep 25, 2019
Idaho
Detector(s) used
Whites MXT
Gold Legend
Primary Interest:
Other
So if someone happens to come across some old bones, say in a mine ... ?

OP
OP
Idahodutch

Idahodutch

Bronze Member
Sep 25, 2019
Idaho
Detector(s) used
Whites MXT
Gold Legend
Primary Interest:
Other
If the account of the 6 Mexicans happened, and there was a weiser, there would be a good chance that any bullet remains around the Mexican Bones in bottom of shaft mine, would be of different calibers?

Seems if was all same caliber, then either used same caliber, or Weiser was maybe a bad shot or never was there. :dontknow:

Last edited:

azdave35

Silver Member
Dec 19, 2008
If the account of the 6 Mexicans happened, and there was a weiser, there would be a good chance that any bullet remains around the Mexican Bones in bottom of shaft mine, would be of different calibers?
actually..theres no proof there were mexicans working the ..or that waltz killed them...i think that came from holmes

OP
OP
Idahodutch

Idahodutch

Bronze Member
Sep 25, 2019
Idaho
Detector(s) used
Whites MXT
Gold Legend
Primary Interest:
Other
actually..theres no proof there were mexicans working the ..or that waltz killed them...i think that came from holmes

Bicknells’s 1895 article .... when did Holmes and Julia compare notes?

Wasn’t like her 2nd trip, she had changed her entry point.
You might be right.

Last edited:

azdave35

Silver Member
Dec 19, 2008
Bicknells’s 1895 article .... when did Holmes and Julia compare notes?
i doubt if they ever did...dick holmes was supposedly with waltz the last hour he was alive and said waltz confessed to a few killings...i doubt that happened but if it did waltz was quite ill and delirious...i dont think i'd believe much of what he said

OP
OP
Idahodutch

Idahodutch

Bronze Member
Sep 25, 2019
Idaho
Detector(s) used
Whites MXT
Gold Legend
Primary Interest:
Other
The death bed confessions, sort of feels .... maybe had some color added... don’t know.

Well if anyone finds either of Waltz’s mines, there might be more than gold ...

azdave35

Silver Member
Dec 19, 2008
The death bed confessions, sort of feels .... maybe had some color added... don’t know.

Well if anyone finds either of Waltz’s mines, there might be more than gold ...
IMO and alot of other locals the mine has already been found....no bones or skeletons were found at the site

OP
OP
Idahodutch

Idahodutch

Bronze Member
Sep 25, 2019
Idaho
Detector(s) used
Whites MXT
Gold Legend
Primary Interest:
Other
Still thinking about things that the site could have been hiding, indicating 2nd person with Waltz.
- Possibly the remains of 6 Mexicans
- The hidden camp is supposed to have a 2 room roofless rock house..

I have a question... Is Waltz attributed with building the rock house, or did he find it that way?

OP
OP
Idahodutch

Idahodutch

Bronze Member
Sep 25, 2019
Idaho
Detector(s) used
Whites MXT
Gold Legend
Primary Interest:
Other
IMO and alot of other locals the mine has already been found....no bones or skeletons were found at the site

That’s a convenient claim, ???
We don’t get to evaluate, critique or anything?

I’m smiling.
Doesn’t count unless the curtains are pulled back :laughing7:

azdave35

Silver Member
Dec 19, 2008
Still thinking about things that the site could have been hiding, indicating 2nd person with Waltz.
- Possibly the remains of 6 Mexicans
- The hidden camp is supposed to have a 2 room roofless rock house..

I have a question... Is Waltz attributed with building the rock house, or did he find it that way?
dutch...you are going by a bunch of clues i have never heard ....i've definitely heard about the mexicans but it was only 2...not 6...and the two room rock house is a little ways down the canyon where the ldm (fdm) was found..in rogers canyon...and waltz never built a cabin..the indians built it...hohokam indians

azdave35

Silver Member
Dec 19, 2008
That’s a convenient claim, ???
We don’t get to evaluate, critique or anything?

I’m smiling.
Doesn’t count unless the curtains are pulled back :laughing7:
dutch...nothing to hide here.. the finder has written a few books and done interviews on youtube

OP
OP
Idahodutch

Idahodutch

Bronze Member
Sep 25, 2019
Idaho
Detector(s) used
Whites MXT
Gold Legend
Primary Interest:
Other
dutch...you are going by a bunch of clues i have never heard ....i've definitely heard about the mexicans but it was only 2...not 6...and the two room rock house is a little ways down the canyon where the ldm (fdm) was found..in rogers canyon...and waltz never built a cabin..the indians built it...hohokam indians

I respect you opinion.
I’m surprised you never heard of Bicknell, 1895 article, or Holmes manuscript.
Those are the clues ...... curtains pulled back too.

Just saying it should be matching up with things if is it, curtains pulled all the way back.

Edit: :coffee2: :laughing7:

azdave35

Silver Member
Dec 19, 2008
I respect you opinion.
I’m surprised you never heard of Bicknell, 1895 article, or Holmes manuscript.
Those are the clues ...... curtains pulled back too.

Just saying it should be matching up with things if is it, curtains pulled all the way back.
i've heard of both...i just think both are mostly hogwash....bick was a newspaper man...he was used to slinging b.s. with his pen....he was actively looking for the mine...he would not have given any clues to help someone else find the mine...if anything he would publish a bunch of bogus clues to steer others off the path...think about it...do you believe anything you read in the newspaper or see on the news?.....and brownie holmes denied writing his manuscript...and he also looked for the mine till the day he died...he would never have published anything to help his competition...the last 20 years of brownies life he was partners with clay worst...only clay knows for sure what brownie knew

OP
OP
Idahodutch

Idahodutch

Bronze Member
Sep 25, 2019
Idaho
Detector(s) used
Whites MXT
Gold Legend
Primary Interest:
Other
dutch...nothing to hide here.. the finder has written a few books and done interviews on youtube

So writing books and you tube interviews, ...... Yeah is public declaration, but from behind a camera or desk, with no having to answer the tough crowd of Dutch hunters.... why not face the real test?

If is LDM, it will stand up to scrutiny, and it would be settled.
Still feels pretty secretive from where I’m sitting.

Just saying ..... 8-)

azdave35

Silver Member
Dec 19, 2008
So writing books and you tube interviews, ...... Yeah is public declaration, but from behind a camera or desk, with no having to answer the tough crowd of Dutch hunters.... why not face the real test?

If is LDM, it will stand up to scrutiny, and it would be settled.
Still feels pretty secretive from where I’m sitting.

Just saying ..... 8-)
dutch..this has been hashed over time and time again over the last 20 years and i'm not going to rewrite it....but if you go through some of the old posts here and on feldmans forum you should be able to draw your own conclusions...but as for me and most others around here the fdm is no longer lost...my friend has seen the mine and been down in it...if you scour the older posts you will find pics of the interior of the mine...it is a funnel shaped pit...:occasion14:

OP
OP
Idahodutch

Idahodutch

Bronze Member
Sep 25, 2019
Idaho
Detector(s) used
Whites MXT
Gold Legend
Primary Interest:
Other
How come you said you never heard of the clues I used?

OP
OP
Idahodutch

Idahodutch

Bronze Member
Sep 25, 2019
Idaho
Detector(s) used
Whites MXT
Gold Legend
Primary Interest:
Other
dutch..this has been hashed over time and time again over the last 20 years and i'm not going to rewrite it....but if you go through some of the old posts here and on feldmans forum you should be able to draw your own conclusions...but as for me and most others around here the fdm is no longer lost...my friend has seen the mine and been down in it...if you scour the older posts you will find pics of the interior of the mine...it is a funnel shaped pit...:occasion14:

The impression I got from those posts, is that it was far from passing scrutiny.
Funnel shape pit ..... The curtains need to be pulled all the way back.

Last edited:

azdave35

Silver Member
Dec 19, 2008
How come you said you never heard of the clues I used?
dutch...i have heard of the 4 peak clue but never put any stock in it...like i have stated before....the only clue that came from brownie that is worth a crap is the rock in the shape of a man standing....most of the other clues brownie supposedly said were b.s.....herman petrash also knew of the standing man clue...it is the only clue both brownie and herman used...they both said if they could find the standing man...then they could find the mine....all the other clues you keep referring to have zero merit and no proof they ever came from waltz

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread