Idaho
Detector(s) used
Whites MXT
Gold Legend
Primary Interest:
Other
So,
Getting back to Weiser, if he existed,
Can anyone think of things that may indicate existence, that might have possibility of being at LDM area?

I’m am heading in, and if there is stuff, I don’t want to get too excited and forget about non gold things ...
Still could be important things there I’m not thinking about.

Humor me, you never know. :)

Last edited:

azdave35

Silver Member
Dec 19, 2008
So,
Getting back to Weiser, if he existed,
Can anyone think of thing that may indicate existence, that might have possibility of being at LDM area?

I’m an heading in, and if there is stuff, I don’t want to get to excited and forget about non gold things ...
Still could be important thing there I’m not thinking about.
if anyone has proof weiser existed i'd definitely like to see it

OP
OP
Idahodutch

Idahodutch

Bronze Member
Sep 25, 2019
Idaho
Detector(s) used
Whites MXT
Gold Legend
Primary Interest:
Other
Dave, those are the type of things I’m talking about, stuff indicating any answers to questions .... like Weiser.

azdave35

Silver Member
Dec 19, 2008
Dave, those are the type of things I’m talking about, stuff indicating any answers to questions .... like Weiser.
actually dutch...i've posted the same question before about weiser's existence...and never got a response

OP
OP
Idahodutch

Idahodutch

Bronze Member
Sep 25, 2019
Idaho
Detector(s) used
Whites MXT
Gold Legend
Primary Interest:
Other
actually dutch...i've posted the same question before about weiser's existence...and never got a response

I have to smile ;)
Are you sure about that? You also didn’t remember that heard of Bicknell’s article or Holmes manuscript either ???

But I believe you. .... this time. :laughing7:

azdave35

Silver Member
Dec 19, 2008
I have to smile ;)
Are you sure about that? You also didn’t remember that heard of Bicknell’s article or Holmes manuscript either ???

But I believe you. .... this time. :laughing7:
dutch..i've been at this about 40 years...i knew alot of the old time dutch hunters and have heard all the useless clues...now lets get back to some facts...if you have proof of weisers existence lets have it...and by proof i mean a birth cert .. death cert...naturalization papers...newspaper interviews....i dont think he ever existed

OP
OP
Idahodutch

Idahodutch

Bronze Member
Sep 25, 2019
Idaho
Detector(s) used
Whites MXT
Gold Legend
Primary Interest:
Other
dutch..i've been at this about 40 years...i knew alot of the old time dutch hunters and have heard all the useless clues...now lets get back to some facts...if you have proof of weisers existence lets have it...and by proof i mean a birth cert .. death cert...naturalization papers...newspaper interviews....i dont think he ever existed

Well I didn’t find any evidence of Weiser, but have not yet investigated where Weiser was supposedly killed. At or near the hidden camp.

I doubt there would be anything at hidden camp other than maybe the 2-room rock house in shallow cave. The area is big enough for it.
But if the last place of the 6 Mexicans and Weiser, was those mines. Should be remains.

Dave, it’s like this;
I’m going to the store, so I politely ask if anybody is looking for something.
Just trying to save some other bunged up dutch hunter like me ... a trip. :occasion14:

azdave35

Silver Member
Dec 19, 2008
Well I didn’t find any evidence of Weiser, but have not yet investigated where Weiser was supposedly killed. At or near the hidden camp.

I doubt there would be anything at hidden camp other than maybe the 2-room rock house in shallow cave. The area is big enough for it.
But if the last place of the 6 Mexicans and Weiser, was those mines. Should be remains.

Dave, it’s like this;
I’m going to the store, so I politely ask if anybody is looking for something.
Just trying to save some other bunged up dutch hunter like me ... a trip. :occasion14:
i'll take a reeses peanut butter cup:occasion14:

Cubfan64

Silver Member
Feb 13, 2006
New Hampshire - USA
Detector(s) used
Fisher CZ21, Teknetics T2 & Minelab Sovereign GT
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
i've heard of both...i just think both are mostly hogwash....bick was a newspaper man...he was used to slinging b.s. with his pen....he was actively looking for the mine...he would not have given any clues to help someone else find the mine...if anything he would publish a bunch of bogus clues to steer others off the path...think about it...do you believe anything you read in the newspaper or see on the news?.....and brownie holmes denied writing his manuscript...and he also looked for the mine till the day he died...he would never have published anything to help his competition...the last 20 years of brownies life he was partners with clay worst...only clay knows for sure what brownie knew

I'll have to look for the source of information, but I believe one of the early places Bicknell searched for the LDM on his own was in the Rogers Trough area - wonder why he would have been looking there? :P

Cubfan64

Silver Member
Feb 13, 2006
New Hampshire - USA
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
To my knowledge there has never been confirmation that a "Weiser" every existed. Not to say that he didn't, but in truth whether he did or didn't doesn't make any difference imho.

azdave35

Silver Member
Dec 19, 2008
To my knowledge there has never been confirmation that a "Weiser" every existed. Not to say that he didn't, but in truth whether he did or didn't doesn't make any difference imho.
same here..i'm not saying for sure weiser never existed but i'm leaning toward he didn't..simply because there are no records of him...even back then it would be hard for a man to exist without some kind of paper trail...waltz has quite a bit of paper on him if a guy wants to do the research..and you are correct that it wont help anyone find the ldm by proving he existed....to me it's just history..according to jim bark and ted cox waltz had a partner...it would be nice to say one way or another

azdave35

Silver Member
Dec 19, 2008
I'll have to look for the source of information, but I believe one of the early places Bicknell searched for the LDM on his own was in the Rogers Trough area - wonder why he would have been looking there? :P
bick carved his name in the two room house in rogers canyon...along with the date he was there...he was definitely in the area

Cubfan64

Silver Member
Feb 13, 2006
New Hampshire - USA
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
same here..i'm not saying for sure weiser never existed but i'm leaning toward he didn't..simply because there are no records of him...even back then it would be hard for a man to exist without some kind of paper trail...waltz has quite a bit of paper on him if a guy wants to do the research..and you are correct that it wont help anyone find the ldm by proving he existed....to me it's just history..according to jim bark and ted cox waltz had a partner...it would be nice to say one way or another

Dave - I think the closest I've seen was a reference to a Weiser somewhere in CA during the time that Waltz was supposedly there, but my memory has gotten very bad the last couple years and I don't remember the details. It may not have even been CA but somewhere else I think Waltz was supposed to have been around the same time. Maybe someone like Matthew or Wayne remembers the specifics.

azdave35

Silver Member
Dec 19, 2008
azdave,

Are you saying the Silver Chief was Waltz LDM ?

Or one of the other mines close to the Silver Chief ?
matthew...you know where i think the ldm is...i believe its the silver chief....i was the man that did the xrf testing on the ore...i have held and examined up close all the ores in question including the matchbox....we tested ore from the bulldog mine...mammoth...black queen ..kochera's ore and silver chief and others i cant remember...i didn't need an xrf to tell me what i needed to know....it was quite obvious

OP
OP
Idahodutch

Idahodutch

Bronze Member
Sep 25, 2019
Idaho
Detector(s) used
Whites MXT
Gold Legend
Primary Interest:
Other
matthew...you know where i think the ldm is...i believe its the silver chief....i was the man that did the xrf testing on the ore...i have held and examined up close all the ores in question including the matchbox....we tested ore from the bulldog mine...mammoth...black queen ..kochera's ore and silver chief and others i cant remember...i didn't need an xrf to tell me what i needed to know....it was quite obvious

Dave, when I was reading those posts, there was questions/concerns about actual source of ore. If I’m remembering wrong, I apologize, but that’s how I’m remembering it. In any case, it sure didn’t sound settled.

Matthew Roberts

Bronze Member
Apr 27, 2013
Paradise Valley, Arizona
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Dave - I think the closest I've seen was a reference to a Weiser somewhere in CA during the time that Waltz was supposedly there, but my memory has gotten very bad the last couple years and I don't remember the details. It may not have even been CA but somewhere else I think Waltz was supposed to have been around the same time. Maybe someone like Matthew or Wayne remembers the specifics.

Cubfan,

The name could be spelled different ways. Weiser, Weisser, Wiser...
In German, Weiser is actually not a real surname but a nickname for someone. The proper German surname is Weisser.
Also, Wiser is a proper german surname.

And don't forget the letter in the general delivery section of the Phoenix post office with the name J. Weiser. The Phoenix newspapers regularly printed the names of people with letters to be picked up at the post office. Greg Davis has that list with Weisers name on it.

Matthew Roberts

Bronze Member
Apr 27, 2013
Paradise Valley, Arizona
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
In german the word weiser means wise guy. As a name it is a nickname like Jacob wise guy.
The proper name was most probably spelled Weisser, or possibly Wiser.

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread