Curious The George

Sep 4, 2008
East Coast
🥇 Banner finds
Detector(s) used
Metrotech
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
A friend of mine found a class ring in a park in a nearby town.

It is from Largo High School in Upper Marlboro, MD, class of 1975. It has the owners complete name engraved inside.

He sent an email to the school and got no answer back.

I went on classmates dot com and didn't find the owners name but did find someone else there about the same time period that had the same last name. I sent that person an email and have gotten no response.

I Googled the name and got hits all over the place for the name, common name and just too many to try and track down.

Any one up in Maryland, or any place else for that matter, that has any suggestions let me know please. My friend wants to get the ring back to the owner.

BuckleBoy

Gold Member
Jun 12, 2006
Moonlight and Magnolias
🥇 Banner finds
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Fisher F75, Whites DualField PI, Fisher 1266-X and Tesoro Silver uMax
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
It's great that you're taking the incentive to do this. It reflects favorably on all of us when a lost ring is returned. If the school isn't writing you back, that's because they're likely out for summer, right? Or maybe just more important things to do. I would call them in person and talk with someone there.

Their phone number is (301) 808-8880.

If that doesn't work, then perhaps someone in MD can visit in person. What you need is a full name (with middle) and it will be easier to search them. When you find them, introduce yourself, tell them that you found a lost class ring out MDing and ask them what high school and year they graduated from. (I don't like to give out any info on jewelry before I am certain that I know I am talking with the right person.)

Please keep us updated.

Best Wishes,

Buckles

P.S.--are you certain it's not Largo High School in Largo, FL?

BuckleBoy

Gold Member
Jun 12, 2006
Moonlight and Magnolias
🥇 Banner finds
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Is it one of these by any chance? (other students from the class of 1975)

NADINE BELT
ROBIN LYNN DORN BOSTIC
SHARON REEDER DRAKEFORD
MICHELE ANN GORE
LINDA S LOUDERBACK LANGR
LEONARD ROSS
KATHY SELTZER
BRENDA M SMITH
PAULA MICHELLE CLAGON SMITH
VERONCIA B THOMAS-CHERRY
PAUL WUENSTEL

If you're certain it's the MD high school--then you could track down one of these names from the same graduating class and ask them if they know how to track down the person whose name is on your ring.

And if All else fails, ask someone at the school to speak with the organizer of the 35th year class reunion (this upcoming spring). :)

Colonial Copper Zeus

Bronze Member
Jan 6, 2007
Milky Way Galaxy
Detector(s) used
Whites Vision Spectra
Jeff I reunited a 1928 class ring. All I had were the initials and of course the year they graduated. Went to library for the yearbook and found the name through there. From that point all I did was went through the phone book and called everyone with that last name and asked them if they knew who I was talking about. I got lucky and called her niece and reunited the ring through her. Good luck with yours.
Chris

mighty_mace

Jun 29, 2007
Schuylkill County, PA
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Whites MXT, V3i
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
could you pm me the name? or at least initials......I will check Facebook to see if anyone matches both the MD and FL Largo High School classes of 75.

OP
OP
Curious The George

Curious The George

Sep 4, 2008
East Coast
🥇 Banner finds
Detector(s) used
Metrotech
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I grew up about 12 miles from Largo Fla. High School. I know what and where it is. This ring is not from there.

It is from Largo High School in Upper Marlboro, MD.

I have checked facebook.

OP
OP
Curious The George

Curious The George

Sep 4, 2008
East Coast
🥇 Banner finds
Detector(s) used
Metrotech
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
CWnut said:

Neat web site, thank you.

No hit there.

I called the school and was told the head custodian has something to do with reunions, don't get that connection but who am I to question. I have to put a call in to his phone and leave a message for him to call me back. Gonna do that.

I have sent emails to two different people on Classmates dot com who attended the high school at the same time as the owner and have the same last name. One answered back so far and said he didn't know the owner. Waiting for the other response.

BuckleBoy

Gold Member
Jun 12, 2006
Moonlight and Magnolias
🥇 Banner finds
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
If that fails, I would start contacting other people in the same graduating class. Do you know how large that class was? If it is under a couple hundred graduates, then you will have good odds with this way.

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread