Swift Upper Mines Found

SwiftHistoryman

Greenie
Oct 29, 2008
swiftsearcher said:
From my research, I cannot find any Swift Journal that mentions the 101 carving. I did tell Ki in an e-mail that the 101 is important to the Indians and there is an Indian Princess buried nearby and treasure. However, this in no way relates to Swift.

As for the Swift map you mention (that was pictured in one of Henson's book), I have an old copy that has a little more detail. I won't go into all of my decipherments here. However, I will tell you that the map (both mine and Henson's) is correct and very precise!

As for the object on the map someone referred to as "Jacob's Ladder". The two VERTICAL lines represent the ore - one for Gold and one for Silver. I will not go into detail about the other lines or drawings here, but they all fit into the area of Swift's Principal Mines. In my upcoming book, I will include a copy of my map (that has more detail than Henson's, but was probably copied from the same source, as they are very similar) and go into detail about the map and even give a map of the area Swift's Principal Mines are located, showing where everything on the Swift Map is located (as they are all still there).

THe 101 comes for one of henson's books some indians came to LDC and had a map that had the 101 on it.

Curtis

Sep 3, 2008
Cincinnati
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Its hard to believe someone would knock your story...it takes a long time to get everything sorted out...and sharing your discoveries as you go along encourages the rest of us who are searching too. If I believed for a moment that Swift was a pirate and had done the stupid thing of carring all that silver into Ky just to melt it down then take it back i wouldn't bother reading anyones posts...if he was a pirate why not just melt it down on a deserted island? Why not do it on board ship...don't laugh it was done back then witout burning the ships up. So why risk getting it taken from you by Indians both going and coming back? Why brave all the bad weather? I would have done it down in Mexico or somewhere...its insane to think someone would pack all that silver (enough to buy ships with) over several hundred miles. I found 6 Indian silver mines in Elliott county (and four near Chillicothe Ohio), so there is silver in KY in paying quantities.... I believe Swift had some mining going on. Keep up the good work! Post pics when you can and don't pinpoint it until you are sure there is nothing left to find. As Boomer pointed out in an older post one area that became popular looked like a war zone with all the hoes people dug! ha ha

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread