Were the Welsh here in KY much earlier than the Spanish?

KY Hiker

Bronze Member
Oct 28, 2014
North Central Kentucky
Detector(s) used
Whites
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I found this video interesting and wanted to share it here for you all to make your own conclusions. If you can find the time please watch as it may provide a better background on the Swift mines/Spanish mines. Claims by many settlers that the furnaces first found in the early 1800's were described as 'ancient' would now make sense.

This might be the key that explains the indian mounds in the region as well as some of the strange carvings found. The stone mounds in Wales are much like those found here in the Eastern US and their script of 'straight strokes' reminds me of the symbols found here on rocks including the /\/\ symbol and turkey tracks. It may also explain who originally built the mines and furnaces in East KY. It has been claimed that the Indian people did not have the knowledge to smelt ore.
There is evidence that a massive comet strike burst in the Earth's atmosphere in 562 AD. Soon after, according to author/researcher Alan Wilson and Barum Blackett, King Arthur II and Prince Madoc took 700 ships to our continent because of the havoc done to their kingdom by the comet. They left from South Wales (Welsh), could they be the ancestors of the Melungeons? If you search YouTube for Alan Wilson and King Arthur there is much to be found.

boomer

Jul 8, 2003
kentucky
Detector(s) used
army all terrain
welsh writing has been found in West Va. Tnn. and in Kentucky. there is a small rock fort at the falls of the Ohio at corn island on the Kentucky side, built by welsh with stick writing on the rocks there. welsh writing was found in a rock house on war fork in Jackson county. this next one, I was told that a large rock house at clay city has stick writing, but this one I never got to look at.

OP
OP
KY Hiker

KY Hiker

Bronze Member
Oct 28, 2014
North Central Kentucky
Detector(s) used
Whites
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I grew up in Louisville and all I ever got about Corn Island was that some 'Spanish' armor had been found there. This is all news to me about Dark Age (6th century) explorers to the New World! And for there to be as many as 70,000 of them! This really makes me ponder just how distorted our view and teaching of history has been. If something like King Arthur, considered by most to be myth and legend, were to be true and he visited and died here in Kentucky 1500 years ago...how far fetched could a tale of John Swift mining silver be a mere 250 years ago!

Rebel - KGC

Gold Member
Jun 15, 2007
welsh writing has been found in West Va. Tnn. and in Kentucky. there is a small rock fort at the falls of the Ohio at corn island on the Kentucky side, built by welsh with stick writing on the rocks there. welsh writing was found in a rock house on war fork in Jackson county. this next one, I was told that a large rock house at clay city has stick writing, but this one I never got to look at.
Runes...? Ogam...?

Last edited:

sdcfia

Silver Member
Sep 28, 2014
Primary Interest:
Other
Kentucky seems to be the site of some alleged strange mysteries. Etidorhpa, by John Uri Lloyd, like many "message" books written in the form of a novel, is all about Masonic secrets in ancient underground locations there.

boomer

Jul 8, 2003
kentucky
Detector(s) used
army all terrain
Runes and Ogam have been found in Kentucky. odd that the big battle at corn island with the Alleghany Indians was interesting because a lot of this tribe had reddish hair and blue eyes and had strange writing. so say some of the Indian legends. wish I could verify those legends.

Rebel - KGC

Gold Member
Jun 15, 2007
Runes and Ogam have been found in Kentucky. odd that the big battle at corn island with the Alleghany Indians was interesting because a lot of this tribe had reddish hair and blue eyes and had strange writing. so say some of the Indian legends. wish I could verify those legends.
Yes, I remember a Tribe as you "say"... they even had WELSH words/language; will try to find that info... "WELSH INDIANS".

Last edited:

Rebel - KGC

Gold Member
Jun 15, 2007
Descendants of inter-marrying with Welsh PRINCE Madoc (aka Madog, ab Owain Gwynedd, @ 1170); Devil's Backbone area (Rose Island) is of interest. MANDAN Tribe has been investigated... Zuni Nation... Monacan nation in Virginia (Amherst County, Va.)... BTW, Ancient Monacans were know as "Mandoag". Tuscaroa Tribe of North Carolina once was Doeg... (@ 1686). In Kentucky, Padouca or Madogwys Tribes of the Devil's Backbone area... just "google" on Madoc - wiki... HH! Good Luck!

Last edited:
OP
OP
KY Hiker

KY Hiker

Bronze Member
Oct 28, 2014
North Central Kentucky
Detector(s) used
Whites
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Prince Madoc arrives in Sweet Home Alabama during the 11th century:
Prince Madoc | Encyclopedia of Alabama
The Madoc tradition was written down by John Filson of Daniel Boone biography fame. The same John Filson who disappeared after making a claim on a Silver mine worked by a man named Swift.
According to the one of the presenters in the video above, Alan Wilson, Madoc was of the 7th century not the 12th century. According to his research in the U.K., the 'brutes' which shows lineage of Royal families all through the Dark Ages back to Brutus. He has 5 or more books on the subject published since the 1980s but they are not easy to find here in the U.S.A.

https://filsonhistorical.org/the-le...ynedd-welsh-indians-at-the-falls-of-the-ohio/
http://madoc.mobi/footsteps/styled-5/tombstone.html

Last edited:

DeepseekerADS

Gold Member
Mar 3, 2013
SW, VA - Bull Mountain
Detector(s) used
CTX, Excal II, EQ800, Fisher 1260X, Tesoro Royal Sabre, Tejon, Garrett ADSIII, Carrot, Stealth 920iX, Keene A52
Primary Interest:
Other
After reading the original post and watching the video, I did a Youtube search for Alan Wilson, and there's a bunch of videos featuring him. He believes Britain was populated by the 10th tribe of Israel, descendants of the Chaldeans. Detroit has a very large population of Chaldeans, who I don't blame for immigrating here. They're slaughtered by Muslims. And in my personal experience with the people, they're pretty decent, always greeted me with a genuine smile - yet most people tend to discriminate against them - as just another Arab, and they are not. Their history goes back past Babylon.

Who were the Chaldeans in the Bible?

The homogenized history of the world is hacked. Alan Wilson piles on the evidence he's found. His group came to their conclusions based on study of ancient writings all around the area. In mass, all this evidence turns British history upside down.

KyCreeker

Apr 3, 2013
Olive Hill, KY
Detector(s) used
Garret ACE
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
It is very possible for the welsh to have been in Kentucky. Look up the Red Bird Petroglyph in Manchester, KY. It has 8 old world alphabets. Alphabets that were extinct before columbus ever set sail. The natives had stories of welsh settlers in the area around 12th century. They settled the ohio river valleys. They also told stories of red haired giants. In charlestown, IN 1799 settlers found 6 skeletons clad in breastplates wearing welsh coat of arms. Madoc and his brothers are listed among the missing in Britains ancient maritime logs.

Terry Soloman

Gold Member
May 28, 2010
White Plains, New York
🥇 Banner finds
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Nokta Makro Legend// Pulsedive// Minelab GPZ 7000// Vanquish 540// Minelab Pro Find 35// Dune Kraken Sandscoop// Grave Digger Tools Tombstone shovel & Sidekick digger// Bunk's Hermit Pick
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
My Great Grandmother's father was sent from Wales, to oversee iron and coal mining operations in Birmingham, Alabama, in the 1800s. In his writings he talks about miners from Wales, brought to America in the late 1600s by the Dutch. At that time, Kentucky was still unknown territory, the "Wild West" if you will.

Today, a little bit of Wales, lives on in my Son, who builds Corvettes at the plant in Bowling Green, Kentucky. :icon_thumleft:

Brushy Bandit

Jan 11, 2017
Carter County, KY
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Didnt the Shawnees believery that no Indian could own or live on the Cantuckee lands because the ghosts of an ancient white race lived here. The modern indians ancestors had killed them out, many moons ago. I've always wondered who it could have been?

swiftfan

Feb 24, 2008
Pikeville, Ky
Detector(s) used
Garrett Ace 250
Primary Interest:
Other
This fits with an Indian story of the white Indians. Red haired, and were here long before swifts time. Story has it the Indians finally cornered and killed the last of them on an island on the Ohio river. Wish I could remember where I read it.

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread