Long time listener first time caller

franklin

Gold Member
Jun 1, 2012
Detector(s) used
Garrett ADS-7X, Fisher Two Box M-Scope, Mother Lode Locator, Dowsing Model 20 Electroscope, White's TM808, White's TM900, Inground Scanners
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Can you show any documentation for the Welch 7th Century or Prince Madoc of the 12th Century in Kentucky. Myths are about like the Swift Silver Mines legend. You can find silver mines on Clear Creek south of the Cumberland River. Swift even mentioned them in his journals and John Singleton Mosby ended up owning this property. The grandfather of John Singleton Mosby of the Civil War. I have proof where is yours?

boomer

Jul 8, 2003
kentucky
Detector(s) used
army all terrain
Hiker: good question, the masonic symbolism was put in to put more mysteries in books about swift. yes one swift was a mason. but he was injured real bad fr0m falling off a horse. but he was a businessman. so who took the real hard trips to Kentucky. there were 2 swifts put on trial for counterfeiting coins. one was a john and the other was George. but I cannot find anything on what happened at the trial. I have a story that they were blacksmiths and worked a small seam of silver and lead. the brits. kept vary good records. so, it looks like a lot of this stuff was made up to sell land in Kentucky. when land sales did not go well, the group started taking out loans. now the people wanted there money back. (this when I said bull). the leader goes off by himself in indian lands next to the ohio river and all of sudden disappears. good story. if you want to sell treasure hunting books. I think you are right, I cannot find any facts that a swift mined in Kentucky. has for the 101 the clues around 2 of the carvings found 2 crowns carved, 3 Spanish buttons and 1 coin. French seem to be Jackson county up to greenup county. all the places I have been, I find only one small carving with stick writing, and that was on beaver creek in Menifee county that was welsh.101, I believe the first ones were trail markers. the one at sand gap has dots next on another rock that points to a ridge. the one at war fork at turkey foot crossing had a map with it. look at my post on turkey foot. line of rock and caney creek or Spanish and French? what bothers me is the Indians. did they kill off the Spanish, did they work together. from all the books the Indians hated the Spanish. now the French, they worked a lot with the different nations? who were the white men that were with the chief joseph group? ahhh it never ends solve one part of the puzzle 2 more takes its place.

KY Hiker

Bronze Member
Oct 28, 2014
North Central Kentucky
Detector(s) used
Whites
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Can you show any documentation for the Welch 7th Century or Prince Madoc of the 12th Century in Kentucky. Myths are about like the Swift Silver Mines legend. You can find silver mines on Clear Creek south of the Cumberland River. Swift even mentioned them in his journals and John Singleton Mosby ended up owning this property. The grandfather of John Singleton Mosby of the Civil War. I have proof where is yours?

I started a thread that included a video about the topic ' Were the Welch here ...' I have no proof of anything 1200 years old. Read that thread and watch that video. Once you have done that, chase that rabbit down the whole... search YouTube for "Alan Wilson King Arthur". That is the person I site who has done the research. He has written 4 or more books on his research that I have not been able to find in the USA to read.
The prince Madoc or Madox tradition has its own list of clues. Starting in Mobile, AL. Claims of red headed Indian tribes, Welsh speaking tribes. Indian legend of fighting white men on a large scale before Columbus. Stone fortifications found on various rivers in the South. A large stone fort found by the first settlers near Lexington, KY. A dismantled stone fort on a ridge above the Ohio River where it meets Fourteen mile creek (Rose Island).
I'm not sure how to take the tone of your last post. Please just take a look at the Red Byrd petroglyph and what they say the origins of those carvings came from. Our accepted history of this land is not complete by a long shot. Large pieces of history about who visited this area is missing from accepted history or taught history.

franklin

Gold Member
Jun 1, 2012
Detector(s) used
Garrett ADS-7X, Fisher Two Box M-Scope, Mother Lode Locator, Dowsing Model 20 Electroscope, White's TM808, White's TM900, Inground Scanners
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Nothing intended only I have never read about the Welsh or anything earlier than the claimed Templars of the 1300's. That's all just something new.

KY Hiker

Bronze Member
Oct 28, 2014
North Central Kentucky
Detector(s) used
Whites
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Nothing intended only I have never read about the Welsh or anything earlier than the claimed Templars of the 1300's. That's all just something new.

Neither had I until I saw that video and decided to post it here. Once you see how the Welsh buried their dead in Wales... you will look at Indian mounds much differently. Even the later tribes covered their dead with stones usually over looking running water. Thomas Jefferson had an area in what now is Ohio surveyed. Mound building in the shape of a jewish minorah (spelling)! By indians? There are many mysteries about the origins of who visited and populated this land other than 'natives'. I find it all very interesting.

Brushy Bandit

Jan 11, 2017
Carter County, KY
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Very True interests me as well. What's real wild is that history as its written and taught to us isn't accurate, not even close. It's from a European view and is without a doubt highly inaccurate. A Real Headshaker. It's to be expected from people that say they discovered a continent, when they knew the continent was widely inhabited already. Then claim the land and perform a genocide that spans 2 continents. Sailed the ocean blue in 1492, now that's a joke.

Last edited:

franklin

Gold Member
Jun 1, 2012
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Neither had I until I saw that video and decided to post it here. Once you see how the Welsh buried their dead in Wales... you will look at Indian mounds much differently. Even the later tribes covered their dead with stones usually over looking running water. Thomas Jefferson had an area in what now is Ohio surveyed. Mound building in the shape of a jewish minorah (spelling)! By indians? There are many mysteries about the origins of who visited and populated this land other than 'natives'. I find it all very interesting.

I have seen the Indian Mounds in the Kanawha Valley of West Virginia much like the Aztecs of South America?

jim bridger

Tenderfoot
Feb 13, 2017
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Franklin, I've done a lot of work on the land patents and early Pike County deeds. Never seen the name Swift mentioned in any of them. Where can I find more about this?

Curtis

Sep 3, 2008
Cincinnati
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Its in his posts back about 3-4 years ago I will see if I can find it. He even has pictures of its location if I remember right.

franklin

Gold Member
Jun 1, 2012
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Franklin, I've done a lot of work on the land patents and early Pike County deeds. Never seen the name Swift mentioned in any of them. Where can I find more about this?

They should be on the Kentucky.gove website? Look for land grants, patents, military, treasury etc.

Curtis

Sep 3, 2008
Cincinnati
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Brushy..1492 isn't even the first of it. I can show you the remains of a Fort built by Vikings near Chillicothe Ohio ..the walls were stone 9 feet tall with killing lanes built into them, a pond in the middle of about 4 acres. The local farmer has iron-yes- iron cone shaped objects that weight 10-15 pounds that went on the end of small saplings they shot from a huge cross bow. They were there at the end of the last ice age no later than 1200's..Smithsonian says so. The local Indians said they called in a lot of Indians (tradition says 5,000) from other areas to massacre these whites as they were not only fighting Indians they were eating them...that really ticked off the Indians...jut a note to add to your European case!

Brushy Bandit

Jan 11, 2017
Carter County, KY
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Brushy..1492 isn't even the first of it. I can show you the remains of a Fort built by Vikings near Chillicothe Ohio ..the walls were stone 9 feet tall with killing lanes built into them, a pond in the middle of about 4 acres. The local farmer has iron-yes- iron cone shaped objects that weight 10-15 pounds that went on the end of small saplings they shot from a huge cross bow. They were there at the end of the last ice age no later than 1200's..Smithsonian says so. The local Indians said they called in a lot of Indians (tradition says 5,000) from other areas to massacre these whites as they were not only fighting Indians they were eating them...that really ticked off the Indians...jut a note to add to your European case!

Now thats interestin, if I had to pick a favorite, it would be the Vikings. I've heard stories but never seen any proof they were here pre-Columbiana, although with their capabilities, I'm certain they were. I'd like to read this, or hear more .

franklin

Gold Member
Jun 1, 2012
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting

Where are the documents that verify that this happened? Are there any newspaper articles? Anything to verify?

franklin

Gold Member
Jun 1, 2012
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
The Welsh came over with 700 or more ships in 574AD. Over 70,000 souls. They stayed over here even though King Arthur II was killed in 578AD and taken back home in 579AD. Their stronghold started out in Alabama and ended up in Kentucky and Tennessee. King Arthur II was killed in Jackson County, Kentucky and carried back home. Madoc or Matthew his brother was entombed at Bat Creek, Tennessee near where the last Capitol or stronghold of the "White Indians" were until the great battle at the Falls of the Ohio River. The "White Indians" and Welsh were defeated and thousands were killed. The survivors were allowed to leave down the Ohio River. They migrated up the Missouri River and was known as the ManDan Indians until almost wiped out by the Smallpox Epidemic of the 1830's.

Singlestack Wonder

Bronze Member
Mar 28, 2014
Detector(s) used
Garrett AT Pro
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
The Welsh came over with 700 or more ships in 574AD. Over 70,000 souls. They stayed over here even though King Arthur II was killed in 578AD and taken back home in 579AD. Their stronghold started out in Alabama and ended up in Kentucky and Tennessee. King Arthur II was killed in Jackson County, Kentucky and carried back home. Madoc or Matthew his brother was entombed at Bat Creek, Tennessee near where the last Capitol or stronghold of the "White Indians" were until the great battle at the Falls of the Ohio River. The "White Indians" and Welsh were defeated and thousands were killed. The survivors were allowed to leave down the Ohio River. They migrated up the Missouri River and was known as the ManDan Indians until almost wiped out by the Smallpox Epidemic of the 1830's.
Where are the documents that verify that this happened?

King arthur is a fictional character.

KY Hiker

Bronze Member
Oct 28, 2014
North Central Kentucky
Detector(s) used
Whites
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
In the present tense King Arthur would be fictional, but in the past tense you or I know nothing of the truth behind the legend as it is known today. It is folly to think that any one person 'knows' or can justify the existence of a character of the past. If you make such a claim as King Arthur is fictional you require as much proof of your point of view as does one who claims he did exist. The true fact of the matter is, no one knows if he existed or not because 99% of the world at that time lived and existence lifestyle. The Dark Ages were a very grim time to live and very little written history can be found outside the Catholic church during this time in the Western hemisphere. Post Roman empire was a very feudal time in history. Famine and plagues were the norm. Crops failed and the church even reported a 'year without a sun' probably due to some volcano in the Pacific.
Most could not read or write and I would imagine the average life span was in the mid 40s. Many claim Charlemagne as a fictitious character as well. Anyone making any claim for or against any historical event or character would have to present proof toward their point of view if this were a scientific forum, BUT IT IS NOT.
I would suggest one would refrain from calling someone a 'witch' without the evidence of 'witchcraft'. Maybe even stick to metal detecting instead of browbeating. Anyone's opinion is as good as another and I am sure many would agree everyone still has a right to theirs...at least for the time being.

"The historical basis for King Arthur has been long debated by scholars. One school of thought, citing entries in the Historia Brittonum (History of the Britons) and Annales Cambriae (Welsh Annals), saw Arthur as a genuine historical figure, a Romano-British leader who fought against the invading Anglo-Saxons some time in the late 5th to early 6th century." Quoted from the link above.

Last edited:

Singlestack Wonder

Bronze Member
Mar 28, 2014
Detector(s) used
Garrett AT Pro
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Franklin’s 700 ships tale as well as his king arthur tales change each time he tells them. That coupled with him proven to have altered photos of clues on a tree in order to promote his fictional tale of confederate gold found is enough to remove his credibility on future postings.

Singlestack Wonder

Bronze Member
Mar 28, 2014
Detector(s) used
Garrett AT Pro
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Recently (as well as several times in the past) Franklin’s credibility was yet again put into question when he admitted in earlier posts that a treasure he insisted he had found was just a made up story.

Photos of clues carved on a tree he pointed to as evidence of a confederate treasure were later proven to have been photoshopped by him.

See my sig line about the arthur nonsense.

Nuff said….😎

Last edited:

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread