Anyone hunt the northshore, Covington, Abita Springs area?

Yateswab

Jul 12, 2012
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Covington. End of three rivers road off the boat launch. My dad used to do a little metal detecting while walking through unbuilt on property near the river. Boat launch is at the end of the road and is on the river, not a bayou. Lots of places you can walk among and hunt. If you have a boat, even better.
Hth

New Orleans Relic

Jul 17, 2012
New Orleans burb
Detector(s) used
At-Pro, Fisher F2
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
First cool front, lets go Todd. Bring your Hubig's stash. Any pm's in last year/.5 this thread's running? Nephew got his package Wednesday, but is grounded for a while. His mom put both coils in the gun safe. X-box, cell phone also. It seems, mom caught him smoking cigs last weekend. When he asked how long, she said "till I die". She's mad !!
BTW, I'm going to scout the Hubig's site Mon or Tues. Their clearing it quick. See how well they clear it, and when the fence comes up. I've got one of those roofer nail magnets (if you want to borrow,lol). Building was there 90 years... Previously --J Lafitte Pie House 1880 circa
Ray

nowwhat

Jun 1, 2006
CENTRAL ALABAMA
Detector(s) used
Whites Classic lll
there's a place called zumurray"s near covington, once owned by the pres. of united fruit co. many years ago, its opened to the public to wander among it's vast gardens. It might be difficult to obtain permission to hunt it though (check the parking area's). I lived in the mandeville area for many years. Lacombe has some old good spots also,(crab & shrimp festivals) and of course Fontainebleau park. the St. Tammany trail from covington to slidell (camp sites) might be another area. good hunting to you. Look around abita, lots of old places, lots of history.

Last edited:

NOLA_Ken

Gold Member
Jan 4, 2011
Formerly New Orleans.. Now Pueblo Co
Detector(s) used
several, mostly Garrett
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Ray, I was thinking about the Hubig's factory earlier too.... I've hunted a few places in that area and done ok, lot's of trash in the ground though. As far as Hubig's goes though I'm thinking to wait until they tear up the slab and see what's underneath.

There is a place not too far away from there where a house was demoed and has either a cistern or well in the yard, I might swing by to look at the pie factory and see if I can find anything at the other spot tomorrow if it's not too hot.

Has anyone heard when the French Quarter street re[airs are supposed to start? I know they're talking about tearing up a lot of areas there before the Superbowl. Should be VERY good hunting.

Dakota Dave

Jan 22, 2013
Se Louisiana
Detector(s) used
MTX Digital
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
I new to detecting and this area was wondering if there are any clubs or members in the Covington / Mandeville area?

Donald70448

Feb 22, 2014
Mandeville, La
Detector(s) used
XP Deus, Garrett AT pro, Garrett pro pointer
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I'm new to detecting but live in Mandeville and looking for partner

coinhound1983

Aug 22, 2012
I'm in ponchatoula we could cover some ground together. Whites spectrum xlt with whites bullseye 2

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest Discussions