Central louisiana new to the forum

dugit

Sep 1, 2008
Louisiana
Detector(s) used
XLT / E
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I'm near Natchitoches, is that close enough?

OP
OP
LaGold

LaGold

May 8, 2012
Louisiana
Detector(s) used
XP deus and whites Mxt pro
Primary Interest:
Relic Hunting
Yeah that's awesome I'm only around 45 minutes or so away. Send me a few pm's so we could get to know each other a little better and if things work out we can meet up soon and find some relics. Would you happen to have any places you would like to share with me? I have just got permission to md a site not far from a civil war fort not far from me as well and it's never been hunted as far as the land owner knows may be a good one and it's in a prime spot for camp sites.

OP
OP
LaGold

LaGold

May 8, 2012
Louisiana
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
Relic Hunting
I think you could probably teach me a few things about md. After reading a few of your post it seems you have alot more experience than me, but I've been doing alot of research and I know that one of my places could turn up some cool stuff. I haven't tried either place yet because I wanted someone with experience and better equipment to go with me. I have a cheap detector that I won't even mention the name of but I'm currently saving some money to invest in a higher end detector. Maybe in the next few months I'll be able to get a nice one. Anyway I gotta get some rest now just private message me so we could get to know each other a little better and perhaps share some sites and some hunts with each other.

dugit

Sep 1, 2008
Louisiana
Detector(s) used
XLT / E
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I have found a lot of good stuff with a cheap detector. I work on a drilling rig in Africa and I'm headed home today. I will have 4 weeks to detect plus what ever is on my to do list from my wife. I will be in contact when I get home.

OP
OP
LaGold

LaGold

May 8, 2012
Louisiana
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
Relic Hunting
Awesome!!!! By the way how old are you? My wife is from Flatwoods and I have a lot of friends that went to college there, they range from 26-35 years old if your close to that age we probably know a few of the same people. Heck we may have even met before.... I guess we'll find out soon enough. And thanks for the response I've been checking in alot and finally someone has answered. See ya soon hopefully. Have a good trip back home

OP
OP
LaGold

LaGold

May 8, 2012
Louisiana
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
Relic Hunting
Oh yeah I'm 31 by the way

dugit

Sep 1, 2008
Louisiana
Detector(s) used
XLT / E
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I'm 45 soon to be 46 yep almost as old as dirt. I should be landing in Alexandria Friday , I will need a day or two, in order to recover from the jet lag. I will contact you after I get home. Looking forward to a good hunt.

OP
OP
LaGold

LaGold

May 8, 2012
Louisiana
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
Relic Hunting
Oh if you know anyone who wants a 93 model bass boat or a 230 fourstroke dirt bike let me know I'm going to sell them to get a couple good md and a pointer. I want to get a M-6 or MTX along with a few extra toys to go with whichever one I get. I have an elcheapo detector now but would like to have a good one before long.

sent from my x-ray sonar relic finder

NOLA_Ken

Gold Member
Jan 4, 2011
Formerly New Orleans.. Now Pueblo Co
Detector(s) used
several, mostly Garrett
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
If you ever come down this way, drop me a line here a couple days in advance, we can hit a couple parks in town, you never know what will turn up, a buddy of mine pulled a spanish silver out of city park a while back.

OP
OP
LaGold

LaGold

May 8, 2012
Louisiana
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
Relic Hunting
Wowthats awesome send me ya cell number in a private message and I'll call when I'm in that direction. I'll send my name and cell to you too if ya send yours and we can do that one day and if ya up this way we can do something here too

OP
OP
LaGold

LaGold

May 8, 2012
Louisiana
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
Relic Hunting
Just bought me a better detector. Leavin behind the super el cheapo and now have a delta 4000 by teknetics. Maybe I won't have to dig up so many beer cans or pull tabs any more. I'll let you guys know how it goes

OP
OP
LaGold

LaGold

May 8, 2012
Louisiana
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
Relic Hunting
Well quick results with my new md 1 matchbox car 3 clad quarters a dime and 3 pennies in about 20 minutes no trash at all. All was found in my yard which I've found alot of pulltabs and other trash so it was a good experience with my delta 4000

dustyspurs

Jun 20, 2012
Lafayette
Detector(s) used
Deus 3.2 , Garrett 350
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Just got a Garrett 350 and trying to make connections with other MDers. I'm scoping out potential sites in my area and learning the machine on my property, but have time in the summer to check out new sites.

NOLA_Ken

Gold Member
Jan 4, 2011
Formerly New Orleans.. Now Pueblo Co
Detector(s) used
several, mostly Garrett
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Hi Dusty, welcome to the madness. Not sure how much hunting I'll be doing unless we get some rain, and maybe a few cool days, the ground is already rock hard here in most of my spots. Good luck up there!

kshollywood

Jul 15, 2010
Brandon,ms
Detector(s) used
XP DEUS WS5 with 11" coil,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,Whites VX3, whites DFX, MINELAB xterra 505
Primary Interest:
Relic Hunting
I am in Natchez mississippi and would love to travel somewhere and go, I will also return the favor.

OP
OP
LaGold

LaGold

May 8, 2012
Louisiana
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
Relic Hunting
I'd love to make a trip but like you said the weather has to stop for a while or buy a pair of hip boots to wade through all the mud.

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread