Looking for a military ammo box at 20" Can the Kruzer Do It?

Terry Soloman

Gold Member
May 28, 2010
White Plains, New York
πŸ₯‡ Banner finds
πŸ† Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Nokta Makro Legend// Pulsedive// Minelab GPZ 7000// Vanquish 540// Minelab Pro Find 35// Dune Kraken Sandscoop// Grave Digger Tools Tombstone shovel & Sidekick digger// Bunk's Hermit Pick
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting

smokeythecat

Gold Member
Nov 22, 2012
Maryland
πŸ₯‡ Banner finds
πŸ† Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
XP Deus II
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Sure, big target, just turn the machine on. In even halfway soil, that should blow your ears off.

Dr. Witty

Jan 8, 2015
Upstate NY
πŸ† Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Makro Racer 2 and Makro Kruzer
Garrett Carrot pro-pointer AT
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
Are you messing with us Terry? You of all people should know. As for me, I'd probably run 3 tone 5khz, 89 gain. But I believe it was you who told me that 5khz would be a good setting for those deep relics when we were talking at the Tarrytown dig. I'm not sure if i'd discriminate anything out, but I'd make sure i was proficient with the pinpointer. Then again I'm still confounded by the 3 frequencies. If 19khz is good at finding small jewelry, how was I able to find an Indian head cutout from an Indian Head cent in 5khz mode?

Tommybuckets

Bronze Member
Mar 2, 2015
Bodymore, Metalland
πŸ₯‡ Banner finds
Detector(s) used
Minelab Excal, Safari, Garrett infinium, Whites prizm 4
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I searched for one a friend buried thinking he could find it again. It was about 18". It was a five minute hunt and most of that was doing the digging lol. It can't be missed, even my old bounty hunter would've turned it up.

OP
OP
Terry Soloman

Terry Soloman

Gold Member
May 28, 2010
White Plains, New York
πŸ₯‡ Banner finds
πŸ† Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Nokta Makro Legend// Pulsedive// Minelab GPZ 7000// Vanquish 540// Minelab Pro Find 35// Dune Kraken Sandscoop// Grave Digger Tools Tombstone shovel & Sidekick digger// Bunk's Hermit Pick
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
Are you messing with us Terry? You of all people should know. As for me, I'd probably run 3 tone 5khz, 89 gain. But I believe it was you who told me that 5khz would be a good setting for those deep relics when we were talking at the Tarrytown dig. I'm not sure if i'd discriminate anything out, but I'd make sure i was proficient with the pinpointer. Then again I'm still confounded by the 3 frequencies. If 19khz is good at finding small jewelry, how was I able to find an Indian head cutout from an Indian Head cent in 5khz mode?

I'm guessing the cutout was 4' - 7" deep, which is no problem for 5kHz in normal soils Lou. Deeper, high conductors respond well to lower freqs, while Small, shallow lead, gold, and aluminum hit harder with higher freqs. This is an interesting exercise. I'll keep you guys posted, as I am gridding using both the Kruzer, and the Equinox. :skullflag:

smokeythecat

Gold Member
Nov 22, 2012
Maryland
πŸ₯‡ Banner finds
πŸ† Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
XP Deus II
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Terry I have always been told the lower frequencies work best for silver. I found a silver quarter down 14" two weeks ago. Never posted it, 'cause I do not get excited about modern coinage. (And I forgot where I put it.) Anyway, I was using 74 khz. Which is kind of high. The thing was a good solid hi tone.

OP
OP
Terry Soloman

Terry Soloman

Gold Member
May 28, 2010
White Plains, New York
πŸ₯‡ Banner finds
πŸ† Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
The Goldbug II, I think 71kHz, also finds deep silver. I hit a 1/2-oz silver nugget at about 18" down near Tucson with a GBII. What can I say? :skullflag:

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest Discussions