Makro Multi Kruzer Unearths Missed Goodies in Pounded Park!

Terry Soloman

Gold Member
May 28, 2010
White Plains, New York
🥇 Banner finds
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Nokta Makro Legend// Pulsedive// Minelab GPZ 7000// Vanquish 540// Minelab Pro Find 35// Dune Kraken Sandscoop// Grave Digger Tools Tombstone shovel & Sidekick digger// Bunk's Hermit Pick
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
I went to a park in Yonkers, New York, the second "hilliest" City in the United States, just behind San Francisco, and detected a park that has been heavily hunted since the 1970s. It is in a very old part of the City, that is now run down, and dangerous. I was approached by two sets of policemen during my 90-minute hunt, and after short conversations, me giving them my business card, and them warning me to "keep your eyes open," I continued detecting. Not my best hunt ever, but the Multi Kruzer, three-tone, 5kHz, gain 80, really sniffs out copper and silver missed by countless other detectorists over the last four decades!

Really starting to get a feel for the machine as I approach 100-hours on the headphones. I got out of the area without being robbed or assaulted, got some wheats, an IH with a marble beside it, and a silver. Happy-happy!

Attachments

• IMG_0658.jpg
    IMG_0658.jpg
    664.7 KB · Views: 147
  • IMG_0659.jpg
    IMG_0659.jpg
    356.4 KB · Views: 174
  • IMG_0660.jpg
    IMG_0660.jpg
    240.1 KB · Views: 199

sataro

Jan 16, 2013
Corsicana, Texas
Detector(s) used
Minelab Equinox 800 | Nokta Simplex+ | Tesoro Mohave | Quest Xpointer
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
Congrats on some nice finds with your Kruzer!

Ammoman

Bronze Member
Oct 12, 2015
NC
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
XP Deus, Nokta Impact, Tesoro Compadre..
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Congratulations on surviving the park! I have a question....were the tones solid coin signals that said "Dig ME"? Also, what was the average depth on the pennies? Ok, that was two questions. You can answer one of them and leave us hanging on the other.:occasion14:

OP
OP
Terry Soloman

Terry Soloman

Gold Member
May 28, 2010
White Plains, New York
🥇 Banner finds
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Nokta Makro Legend// Pulsedive// Minelab GPZ 7000// Vanquish 540// Minelab Pro Find 35// Dune Kraken Sandscoop// Grave Digger Tools Tombstone shovel & Sidekick digger// Bunk's Hermit Pick
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
Yes, tones and VDI's were solid at 8"-10" where all of these targets were living. You have to really listen though in a park like this, because there's so much garbage aluminum, tin foil, lead foil, the list goes on. Very solid mid and high tones. :skullflag:

LI Tom

Bronze Member
Oct 19, 2006
How would you compare it to your Equinox in performance in a trashy park like that?

smokeythecat

Gold Member
Nov 22, 2012
Maryland
🥇 Banner finds
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
XP Deus II
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Nice job Terry and glad you got out unscathed. Did you take your Abrams tank with you? I experienced the same thing last year with my Deus in a Baltimore Park. I am not going back to any Baltimore Park. Didn't have an Abrams tank with me.

Rawhide

Silver Member
Nov 17, 2010
SouthWestern USA
Detector(s) used
Nox 800, Etrac, F75, AT Pro. Last two for sale.
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Nice Terry. Looking at the Kruzer myself. Most real criminals dont get up till after noon.

smokeythecat

Gold Member
Nov 22, 2012
Maryland
🥇 Banner finds
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
XP Deus II
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Rawhide is correct. 9 am to noon is probably safe.

OP
OP
Terry Soloman

Terry Soloman

Gold Member
May 28, 2010
White Plains, New York
🥇 Banner finds
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
How would you compare it to your Equinox in performance in a trashy park like that?

Interestingly, I find the two machines almost neck and neck in trash, with no clear advantage one over the other when it comes to super trash park hunting.

Dr. Witty

Jan 8, 2015
Upstate NY
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Makro Racer 2 and Makro Kruzer
Garrett Carrot pro-pointer AT
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
Great Finds Terry, I love that 3 tone mode in the trashy areas. The Kruzer is really bringing those sites back to life as I would have never considered hunting them with something like an AT Pro.

Hotled

May 22, 2017
North Texas
Detector(s) used
Fisher F75
Whites MX Sport
Makro Multi Kruzer
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Awesome Terry,
I have fallen in love with 5kHZ running 3 tone at 94 gain.
I have found more wheats in one weekend of hunting than I did all last year with the Whites.
This thing really bangs on the copper and silver at 5kHZ.

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread