Keppy

Gold Member
Nov 19, 2006
N.E. Ohio on lake Erie
Detector(s) used
** WHAT ONE I FEEL LIKE ON HUNTING DAY *****
Primary Interest:
Other
"Question".. ???... How does the Minelab Eureka gold detector compare to other gold detectors that cost between $500.00 and $1000.00 It is auto track a operates on 3 frequencies , 6.4 , 20 , & 60 not all at once but you can switch to what ever one you want. In that price range it seems to me to be a winner . I am looking to buy a gold detector and looking for some answers from ones that use gold detectors........ Now don't go telling me to get a $4000.00 detector i can only spend up to $1000.00................................

Attachments

• big_logo.gif
    big_logo.gif
    15.9 KB · Views: 1,208
  • big_logo.gif
    big_logo.gif
    15.9 KB · Views: 1,198
Upvote 0

PAULWYO

Apr 18, 2009
Rock Springs , WY
Detector(s) used
Minelab SD 2200D
look for a used one on ebay saw a 2200sd going for $650 i love mine look for a used one first thats what i would do. :icon_thumright:

kando

Nov 14, 2008
,U.S.A. almost in Canada
Detector(s) used
....Tesoro conquistador , minelab sovereign
I would like to hear about the Eureka Gold to was thinking of getting one but don't know any one that has one to tell me about it

AUDuke

Apr 20, 2008
Quartzsite AZ
Detector(s) used
TDI, GB, GM-4, Vaquero, F75, Cibola, Compadre, Stingray, ML Explorer
I would avoid the ML Eureka, in my part of AZ it dosn't seem to find much gold. Get a MXT, GBII, GMT or a Lobo ST. JMO.

OP
OP
Keppy

Keppy

Gold Member
Nov 19, 2006
N.E. Ohio on lake Erie
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
Other
104 .. That's what i heard before so i will stay away from the Eureka...............

patches63

Jun 20, 2009
republic of trinity usa
Detector(s) used
gpx4500,gmt
on paper, the eureka looks a winner.60 khz for flyspeck,lower freqs for larger/deeper nugs.but you cant find a bushman anywhere that likes one.have been pondering my next vlf for weeks.mxt or ml705 or lobo super traq, would like a coin/jewelry capable backup.deciding factor was,weight and portability(must fit nicely in a backpack). will send my $ to arizona.best warranty.also, do not need another big learning curve detector.my gpx 4500 has me thinking even when am not using it.vlf machines deliver fun hunting experiences for newbys/pros alike.btw the lst can hip mount under a raincoat/poncho.winter hunter.my 2cents :read2:

OP
OP
Keppy

Keppy

Gold Member
Nov 19, 2006
N.E. Ohio on lake Erie
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
Other
patches63 said:
on paper, the eureka looks a winner.60 khz for flyspeck,lower freqs for larger/deeper nugs.but you cant find a bushman anywhere that likes one.have been pondering my next vlf for weeks.mxt or ml705 or lobo super traq, would like a coin/jewelry capable backup.deciding factor was,weight and portability(must fit nicely in a backpack). will send my $ to arizona.best warranty.also, do not need another big learning curve detector.my gpx 4500 has me thinking even when am not using it.vlf machines deliver fun hunting experiences for newbys/pros alike.btw the lst can hip mount under a raincoat/poncho.winter hunter.my 2cents :read2:
Patches.........Does that mean the LST is your next all around detector? That Fisher gold strike that 104 uses seems like a good gold detector.

OP
OP
Keppy

Keppy

Gold Member
Nov 19, 2006
N.E. Ohio on lake Erie
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
Other
AUDuke said:
I would avoid the ML Eureka, in my part of AZ it dosn't seem to find much gold. Get a MXT, GBII, GMT or a Lobo ST. JMO.
Duke......... I have heard a lot of bad talk about the Eureka it has to be true...........

patches63

Jun 20, 2009
republic of trinity usa
Detector(s) used
gpx4500,gmt
keppy, for a gold specific vlf would take gmt hands down.actually owned one last three years.lobo super traq will be my new detector,considered mxt, xterra 705.am only rejecting the 705 because of need for extra coils,and the learning curve involved.just want a turn on and go discriminating machine,hip mounted,backpack friendly for remote locations.my last coin machine was a tesoro gold saber.enjoyed that, so will order a new LST this week.american made (i think) good warranty and service.

goldseeker4000

Mar 5, 2011
Kalispell, Montana
Detector(s) used
Minelab GPX 5000, Minelab X-terra 705, Gold Monster 1000
Primary Interest:
Prospecting
You can buy a X-terra 705 for $800 - $900 and you will have the most technologically advanced gold detector in the VLF class on the market today. go onto Arizona Outback and call Chris Goulson He sells the the X-terra 705 gold pro package for around this price. Tell him Reese in Montana sent you to him. You will have a pro level gold machine for under $1000 You will not be disapointed.

goldseeker4000

Mar 5, 2011
Kalispell, Montana
Detector(s) used
Minelab GPX 5000, Minelab X-terra 705, Gold Monster 1000
Primary Interest:
Prospecting
To all who are curious about the Eureka Gold detector. There are 5 people in my prospecting club who have the Eureka andevery one of them have wiring problems. Some of them have opened up the coils and resoddered the wires and they work fine now. They really are good at finding gold. A friend has found an ounce for each of the past two years detecting on the club claim. Tiny pieces. I called Minelab when I was ready to buy one and the tech guy told me if I want to find gold down to those tiny pieces with a detector but am concerned about the wiring problems of the Eureka, then he suggested going with the X-terra 705. I called minelab Australia and talked to Nenad and he said the 705 will find gold as small if not smaller than the Eureka and find it deeper. Well he was right. the tiniest piece in this photo was found at 3 inches deep. You do not want to run it like you do a Eureka because it will become to noisy. the detector will tell you at what sinsetivity it wants to be at for the ground conditions. sometimes that may be much lower that the preset # for gold. I found out that with it set at the point that the detector wants to be at will be the most sinsetive. go above that and it gets too noisy. It is light weight and anyone can swing it all day long. The batteries last 3 or 4 days of heavy detecting. around 24 hrs total of continuous use. If anyone wants to get a good all around detector for gold and coins, put this one at the top of your list. I spent $998 for mine and that includes a 3rd coil-6" DD high frequincy. It is easy to learn and if you watch Kevin Hougland videos on MLOTV then you will be up and going fast. No affense to those who use Whites, but the ones that I have used have not been so user friendly, and the people who own them that I know don't use them much and have sold them and bought the Eureka Gold. I have owned and used garretts, fisher Goldbugs2, and minelab. And I will never buy anything other than a Minelab again. My goldbug 2 that I owned never went deep and I started seeing a patern after lots of holes. Don't have that probem with Minelab.

Attachments

• IMG_2349.JPG
    IMG_2349.JPG
    58.2 KB · Views: 784
  • IMG_2349.JPG
    IMG_2349.JPG
    58.2 KB · Views: 698

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread