Holes

trinityau

Jan 20, 2010
Redding, Ca
Detector(s) used
Gold Bug Pro, GP 3000 modified
Primary Interest:
Prospecting
Hey all, I have sounded off on this topic before on these forums. This message is primarily intended for people detecting on the Swasey Critical Area of Concern in Redding, Ca. I am going to let the cat out of the bag as far as a place to go detecting and still have a decent chance of finding a real nice piece or two. Swasey is it, some very nice gold left if you stay with it. The only glitch is you may not have too much time left. We seem to have a few people that just dont get it as far as large leg breaking holes and eyesores. There are just a few of them but they continue to leave holes unfilled. I am not talking about small holes but large eyesores that can be seen by the bike riders, the horseriders, the walkers, landowners and the BLM. This information is for those very few, all these groups have banded together and are watching you and the holes you dig and dont refill. Complaints are going into BLM all the time and they are making a case against all gold prospectors that are detecting, and the way they are doing it is going to set a precedent that is going to go everywhere. It is going to have far reaching effects to all miners in all states. I know some will say that is what the mining law says you can do on a small surface area. Times have changed and if you think some of these agencies really give damn about your legal rights then you are dumber than I thought. The Swasey area is a public area that has a great many numbers of people that use it and most of these people would be happy to see mining go away. Again, to the chosen few, take some time and refill some of the holes from the last two years in this area. My name is RAY MILLS and I dont give a damn who you are or how long I have known you I will make it a point to have Blm on your ass just as soon as I see you in the area. Make sure your vehicles are legal as there will be more law enforcement watching them. There are other people that will do the same. Harrassment? Yes harrassment. Act like the big men you are and quit thinking about just yourselves and a piece of gold. And yes BLM is going to have a hard time trying to catch you in the act and prosecute you individually, however , remember that you are the ones continuing to fuel the case against all gold prospectors. This message is meant just for those chosen few, the elite, that found one nice piece of gold and have lost all sense in doing so. TRINITYAU/RAYMILLS

Upvote 0

Hoser John

Gold Member
Mar 22, 2003
Redding,Calif.
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Amen ,thats why I stay the LL away from there as tooooooooooooooo many newbies who don't know squat except rob,rape and pillage and have no respect for nuttn'. BLM sold off the Honey Lane properties because of the lousy SMP club mess and private property tresspass and this area on the way out to at this insane rate being destroyed. thanx Ray and Todd had a blast detecting with ya too--John

Doug Watson

Jul 29, 2010
Well said Ray. I've filled in my share of holes that I haven't had anything to do with, and would much rather spend the time prospecting. The few sure make it hard on the rest of us. Garbage is another issue I'm getting tired of dealing with. Doug. :(

2cmorau

Bronze Member
Nov 8, 2010
Camptonville, CA
Detector(s) used
GMT&GM3 Whites MXT Pro, Shadow X5, Fisher 1280, OMG and the TDI
Primary Interest:
Prospecting
i feel your pain
every summer i go up to my claims i see dig holes made by others, not much i can do about it.
but there has been a few times i have found people on the claims digging for gold and asked them to leave, they look at me like i am from some other planet, two things i noticed about most i see on my claims, the smell of weed and the funny lookin hats they ware. just sayin maybe with the things going the way they are for us gold miners, could be that the environmentalist are somehow causing this as well

rawlins_88

Mar 27, 2011
yes I agree, people need to put things back they way they found it. that pretty much goes for everything in life. I've been detecting with Ray at other places and seen giant PI holes that people left. and maybe some vlf holes too. I know it wasn't Ray he buries his holes, and I know the Hoser does too. So if your a gopher digger fill it back in and maybe we can detect for a long time to come. and if you neeeeeed to dig and leave holes that bad go to the coast and dig down in the wet sand, atleast the waves will fill it in for your lazy azz. thanks again Raygun for the great time detecting, and sharing some knowhow. Holly would like to go learn some things if you get the time. Rodney said thanks and had to go back home. no one to dig the rusty ferrous nails no more. my ears still hurt from all his beepin'. and a big welcome home to the Hoser.
take care
Todd

russau

Gold Member
May 29, 2005
St. Louis, missouri
AHMEN to those lazy azz people that disregard common sense for the thrill of the mounment! and i dont doubt for 1 min. that some of the mess is left from wacoenviromentalists wanting to screwover a mining claim owner!

eureka77

May 8, 2010
NC
Detector(s) used
whites GMT
tek.alpha2000
Nokta Fores Core
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Do you have an example of these holes or pics.? Are they along the river bank, on a trail, in the river? Just curious.

minerjoe

Nov 9, 2007
Detector(s) used
ZED,2300,4500,t2
Primary Interest:
Prospecting
well, we all better wake up, i would hate to lose this just like i did dredging. The same people are against both. I've never been one that wants anyone to see where i've been. Ray, you speak for us all dont worry about hoding back bud.

rawlins_88

Mar 27, 2011
thanks again Ray, for all the help finally finding my first little nugget. we had a great time. hope to go again sometime.

take care
Todd

freddy williams

Oct 9, 2010
Alabama/ Ohio
Detector(s) used
GTI-2500, Whites V3, xplorer XS Cortes & XLT Cibola Tesoro Tiger shark Now using a Xterra 705, Ace 350...
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Well said everyone and I believe it is also those environmentalists trying to screw it all up for everyone in detecting , dredging, anything to do our hobby...

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread