what is the best fischer gold bug machine?

kuger

Gold Member
Nov 6, 2007
Detector(s) used
,M.X.T.& Tesoro Tejon
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Kuger, no name, no serial number, no date. The pattern is familiar to anyone who's had to deal with customer service complaints.

--Dave J.

Yea Dave,its my fault,I thought your customer service was great?I guess I am just another,sorry you had to deal "with a complaint".As I said this was for a friend and for all I know at this point the detector is in the trash where it belongs and as for Fisher....ad one more guy...that happens to talk to a lot of gold people I might add..that will letting everybody I do talk to just how Stellar Fisher Customer service is.When there are Companies like Whites and Tesoro,there is no reason to deal with .............

woof!

Bronze Member
Dec 12, 2010
ciudadano del universo, residente de El Paso TX
Detector(s) used
BS detector
Primary Interest:
Other
Well, Kuger, you refuse to provide specifics whereby I could check the records to find out what the deal was, but you've inadvertently provided enough information that most folks can probably guess what the other side of the story is.

You're not doing anything for your buddy other than making him look bad, have provided no useful information about anything, and you're spamming a thread about a subject matter (read the title of the thread) in which you have no interest.

If I were to do that in a White's or Tesoro thread, I'd likely be reported to the moderators and rightfully so.

--Dave J.

kuger

Gold Member
Nov 6, 2007
Detector(s) used
,M.X.T.& Tesoro Tejon
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Well, Kuger, you refuse to provide specifics whereby I could check the records to find out what the deal was, but you've inadvertently provided enough information that most folks can probably guess what the other side of the story is.

You're not doing anything for your buddy other than making him look bad, have provided no useful information about anything, and you're spamming a thread about a subject matter (read the title of the thread) in which you have no interest.

If I were to do that in a White's or Tesoro thread, I'd likely be reported to the moderators and rightfully so.

--Dave J.

Right Dave,your actions have spoke loud and clear(Just like Fishers)Sometimes the truth hurts,and no I have done no harm to my buddy,his mind was made up by Fisher,and the only thing hurt is his pocket book.As for this thread...if you ask the OP I have conversed with him via PM, previous to this and actually recommended a Fisher machine to him,with the warning about the shoddy stand behind and customer service....I will never recommend a Fisher again

woof!

Bronze Member
Dec 12, 2010
ciudadano del universo, residente de El Paso TX
Detector(s) used
BS detector
Primary Interest:
Other
Kuger, like I often tell LRL'ers on the LRL forum, "I didn't make your posts, you did." You refuse to provide any information whereby your story can be corroborated. That means you don't want me to find out what really happened. A logical conclusion would be that what really happened was an attempt by Fisher Customer Service to help a customer who didn't want to be helped.

I've often gone to bat for people who reported problems on forums (in most cases before they even contacted customer service dept.) but in this instance there's nothing to go to bat with.

--Dave J.

kuger

Gold Member
Nov 6, 2007
Detector(s) used
,M.X.T.& Tesoro Tejon
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Laughable....is there really that many people that have returned a detector(the same person twice in a month)in the last couple months?Dont put this on me pard,if you want to rep a company that sucks,have at it there are better companies out there.I am sorry Fisher has come to this.I used there detectors for years with great results.
The problem has been handled,so what info do you want,that would make a difference?A person should not have had to go through what he did,and then been rude to on top of that.Is that acceptable in your eyes?I am done with you and Fisher.....good luck

OP
OP
pistol perfect

pistol perfect

Feb 7, 2008
southern california
Detector(s) used
fisher gold bug pro
sorry kuger but I really sat down last night and did some brainstorming and decided to buy the gold bug pro today from american prospectors in temecula ca. they gave me a good deal and the owners are very friendly!

you are right from what I was reading and understanding the gmt and the gold bug pro are the best way to go for the 800 dollar range. I cant wait till this weekend so i can get out in the field and learn this machine!

kuger i would just like to thank you for all your help! you pointed me in the direction of the gold bug pro way before this firestorm started on this thread. but from what I am reading on this thread you are very upset now about fisher customer service. I hope my machine does not break because I dont want to go through any of this! I do have faith in fisher! they have good reviews on the internet!

bug

Jun 5, 2008
Nor Cal
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I just want to say something positive for fisher. Last year I bought a gold bug pro and ended up driving my jeep over it accidentally. It was totally smashed and Fisher basically replaced the whole unit for $70. The mistake was completely my fault which they were not responsible for, but they hooked me up anyway and I didnt have to pay the complete cost of a new one.

extractor

Silver Member
Sep 27, 2007
Sal Sagev Adaven
Detector(s) used
E-TRAC,,,, SOVEREIGN GT,,,, GP 3500,,,,
GB PRO.
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
Haven't been in the desert yet with my GBP, but it is a killer detector for around trashy areas in the parks. I'm looking forward to some cooler weather to hit the gold fields and squeek out some yellow!

TAKODA

Aug 19, 2008
Alabama
Primary Interest:
Prospecting
x2!I do have to say though a good friend of mine was just run through the ringer with Fisher on poor customer service(TERRIBLE)with a Gold Bug Pro....I have used Fisher's for years,but will probably shy away after this

The BUG " machines " have an excellent reputation . I almost bought one a couple years ago .
That being said .....I remember ole Strickman also had some problems with customer service when he
bought a BUG . I know he finally got it straight , but for awhile they had him wish'n momma
would'a never pushed him out . I remember he was hot about it at the time .

NeoTokyo

Bronze Member
Aug 27, 2012
Redding
🥇 Banner finds
Detector(s) used
Eyes - Nokta FORS Gold - Fisher Gold Bug II
Primary Interest:
Prospecting
I dont know anything about the customer service issues here, but Dave the first and only thing you should have said "Please get me in contact with this customer as I want to do everything in my power to make things right for him."
That makes for a good company sir.

My background: I just started last month, looking to buy a Gold MD now for myself and my wife so we can hunt for gold during the winter. So thats what, $2k after extra coils?
Out of the list of about 6 Gold MD's that I have been looking at, the GBII and GBPro were two on that list.
I look heavily into reviews and threads similar to Kuger's.

I am not going to say anything more on this topic, just know that your response to Kuger was the other half of what I was looking for when gathering my opinion your company.

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest Discussions