Will be in AZ for about a month where can I go?

planerie

May 16, 2011
I will be in the Phoenix, Flagstaff, Yuma and Show Low areas for a month or so for work and will have afternoons and weekends to do some nugget hunting. Any ideas on where I can go? I would love to possibly meet a few fellow metal detectorists and do a group hunt or two while I am there. I am a Louisiana boy so I have never done the nugget hunting thing before but do have a Minelab X-Terra 705 gold pack so I should be able to find something with it. If anyone has any other info such as what other equipment I should have I would greatly appreciate it.

Preston

Upvote 0

vpnavy

Super Moderator
Staff member
Jun 15, 2008
York County, PA (USA)
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
reading_01.gif
You might consider browsing Sub-Forums: Arizona for information (i.e., clubs, hunts, finds, legends, maps, etc.) directly related to your state.

roadrunner

Bronze Member
Jan 28, 2012
Pinal Mountains,Arizona
Detector(s) used
Garrett Groundhog-2012-1st MD.
White's Goldmaster V/Sat-2nd-MD-2013
Tesoro Lobo-2015-3rd
Primary Interest:
Prospecting
When are you planning to be here and when do you plan on leaving.
Check out Promack Mining in Apache Junction when you get here to phoenix.
They will help you out and there is a gold club in AJ, where I am possibly joining also.
There are no ares where I am located.
But lots just NW of Phoenix.

OP
OP
P

planerie

May 16, 2011
I will be in AZ Monday the 22nd and will be there over a month. I spoke to someone at the weaver mining district and will join them and have over 2200 acres of claims to check out. Is anyone wants to get together for a hunt let me know.

Preston

TerryC

Gold Member
Jun 26, 2008
Yarnell, AZ
Detector(s) used
Ace 250 (2), Ace 300, Gold Bug 2, Tesoro Cortes, Garrett Sea Hunter, Whites TDI SL SE, Fisher Impulse 8, Minelab Monster 1000, Minelab CTX3030, Falcon MD20, Garrett Pro-pointer, Calvin Bunker digger.
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
The Weaver Mining District is a VERY good choice! You will be scratching around by Rich Hill, AZ..... the heart of the AZ gold rush ('63). I will be there probably the first week of May. I will POINT to some of the best places in the area. I gaurantee you will find good gold. Lynx Creek is also nearby. LC is considered the best gold creek in AZ. Whether or not I am there, give me a PM to make sure TimC or I get you on good gold. TTC

OP
OP
P

planerie

May 16, 2011
Been in AZ sense Monday if anyone wants to meet me at the weaver mining district tomorrow for some nugget shooting let me know.

TerryC

Gold Member
Jun 26, 2008
Yarnell, AZ
Detector(s) used
Ace 250 (2), Ace 300, Gold Bug 2, Tesoro Cortes, Garrett Sea Hunter, Whites TDI SL SE, Fisher Impulse 8, Minelab Monster 1000, Minelab CTX3030, Falcon MD20, Garrett Pro-pointer, Calvin Bunker digger.
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
Planerie, Use this map to get to the hole. Dig or detct above and around the hole but not in the bottom of the wash(es), as I mentioned by telephone. Good luck! Terry
Hole.jpg

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread