🥇 BANNER 1+ Oz gold nugget !! WOW!!

Ron (CA)

Feb 1, 2005
Mechanicsville VA
🥇 Banner finds
Detector(s) used
CTX 3030 , Deus 1 & 2,
I posted this in the Today's Finds and was asked to share it over here too!! I thought it might be a good fit here as well!! :hello2:

Even though I do detect for gold, on this day, I was using the CTX and relic hunting a gold camp. But I know that the readers on this forum will probably appreciate this find more so than a turf hunter or relic hunter. I have found gold with my GPX5000 but score my biggest with a CTX!! Go Figure!

What a surprise this was!!

I got the dig on video if anyone is interested in watching it. I get a bit excited and have a few slips of the tongue!! :dontknow:

Attachments

• gold 3.jpg
    gold 3.jpg
    38.5 KB · Views: 745
  • gold1.jpg
    gold1.jpg
    76.5 KB · Views: 705
  • gold4.jpg
    gold4.jpg
    53.8 KB · Views: 603
Last edited:
Upvote 0
OP
OP
Ron (CA)

Ron (CA)

Feb 1, 2005
Mechanicsville VA
🥇 Banner finds
Detector(s) used
CTX 3030 , Deus 1 & 2,
Ron your right it is naturally occurring I read in some books from the library that a 5 oz nugget was found in late 1800s approximately at white rock and Latrobe road.

Yeah and that is mostly built over now. A bunch of gold was found all through that area and farther out Latrobe Rd as well. I hear stories about pounds coming out of the ground when people first found these sites in the 80's.

TAKODA

Aug 19, 2008
Alabama
Primary Interest:
Prospecting
That is a fine piece of gold . :icon_thumright: Thank you for showing us some pics of it . :headbang:

romulo

Tenderfoot
Oct 18, 2013
mindanao
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
from philippines. we found opal stone and jade stone and many other stone in treasure........ and we need buyer..... also i need scanner because we have positive area here with lots of sign a japanese sign ingrave at the stone......... im looking also the person who can help me to assest the financial for food while digging and for good result i have friend who can read the japanes sign while we dig. only for the person who i can trust..... message me who is interested.. thank you... [email protected] thats my email. i can send the other sign to those who want to see and the picture of the opal stone....

DFW_THer

Bronze Member
Feb 20, 2008
Coinslaughtersville
🥇 Banner finds
Detector(s) used
Garrett Carrot Glued To A Stick
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
from philippines. we found opal stone and jade stone and many other stone in treasure........ and we need buyer..... also i need scanner because we have positive area here with lots of sign a japanese sign ingrave at the stone......... im looking also the person who can help me to assest the financial for food while digging and for good result i have friend who can read the japanes sign while we dig. only for the person who i can trust..... message me who is interested.. thank you... [email protected] thats my email. i can send the other sign to those who want to see and the picture of the opal stone....

Possibly the most entertaining thread hijack I have read. Congrats on your treasure, however a 1.4oz nugget is the focus of this thread. Ok, I'll take off my mod hat. Carry on.

tidetraveler

Nov 30, 2011
Detector(s) used
MXT Pro
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
Great video and awesome finds! Congrats!:notworthy:

Goldwasher

Gold Member
May 26, 2009
Sailor Flat, Ca.
🥇 Banner finds
Detector(s) used
SDC2300, Gold Bug 2 Burlap, fish oil, .35 gallons of water per minute.
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
http://www.treasurenet.com/forums/gold-prospecting/371492-nuggets-quartz-veins.html
That nugget is much to smooth to have been weathered out in situ, and clearly has been smoothed/worn by transport in a stream, unless you meant alluvial instead of "eluvial"
If your convinced that it was in place I'd start digging deeper, you might be above a Bonanza deposit! In the Sierra foothills, typically residual deposits formed above or very near a vein contain very rough or even crystalline gold.
No, I meant eluvial I have absolutely seen windworn Nuggets that were more worn than nuggets Ive found in the water. Considering the vicinity this nugget was recovered in it very well could have been from a tertiary deposit, however it was popped out of clay and not gravel. That is the only info I have to base my opinion on, I've only seen the video and obviously was not there..... but, you can bet on the fact that there are other nuggets worn just that way sitting on hillsides in the area that have never been in a creek...

GioTheGreek

Bronze Member
Sep 12, 2009
Hades
Detector(s) used
XP DÉUS, Minelab E-TRAC, Pro-Pointer, Hawk-like Vision, Receding Hairline
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
Amazing AU! Congrats on the fantastic find. She is beautiful, that temptress.

Now it's the East Coast's time to complain... "Man, you guys out west. Gold nuggets at your feet. I wish I lived out there..."

Davers

Gold Member
Jan 8, 2013
N.of , I-285...GA
Detector(s) used
Whites Spc xlt & Tesoro Tejon- Now back ...Fisher 1266-X. TRX Pointer. New .Teknetics G2 + . New AT Pro .
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Congratz.
Good to see not just the Professional Athletes Getting all the BLING. LOL
Davers

P.s. Just Seated Dimes would have made my day/night...:thumbsup:

Keppy

Gold Member
Nov 19, 2006
N.E. Ohio on lake Erie
Detector(s) used
** WHAT ONE I FEEL LIKE ON HUNTING DAY *****
Primary Interest:
Other
That was a great find .. and the coins were also nice .. But that nugget really really nice… And the video i enjoyed it..

Joe Z

Aug 18, 2012
New River AZ
Detector(s) used
Fisher Gold Bug 2,
Whites Goldmaster GMT,
Viper Vac, Tesoro Vaquero
and a 30 year old Radio Shack Detector :)
Primary Interest:
Other
That was a great find .. and the coins were also nice .. But that nugget really really nice… And the video i enjoyed it..

Keppy!
Sure.... you made me click on your username just because of your Avatar.LOL Your just another old Geezer Like Me

Last edited:

River Hound

Dec 17, 2011
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Congratulations Ron that's a big nugget you going to bring it the club. Nice banner

staydetuned

Aug 27, 2007
San Francisco, California
🥇 Banner finds
Detector(s) used
Explorer II
Major congrats on the banner Ron - popped in here bored at work and recognized that one right away :) Looking forward to more of your hunts and more videos!

Jayson

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread