🥇 BANNER 1+ Oz gold nugget !! WOW!!

Ron (CA)

Feb 1, 2005
Mechanicsville VA
🥇 Banner finds
Detector(s) used
CTX 3030 , Deus 1 & 2,
I posted this in the Today's Finds and was asked to share it over here too!! I thought it might be a good fit here as well!! :hello2:

Even though I do detect for gold, on this day, I was using the CTX and relic hunting a gold camp. But I know that the readers on this forum will probably appreciate this find more so than a turf hunter or relic hunter. I have found gold with my GPX5000 but score my biggest with a CTX!! Go Figure!

What a surprise this was!!

I got the dig on video if anyone is interested in watching it. I get a bit excited and have a few slips of the tongue!! :dontknow:

Attachments

• gold 3.jpg
    gold 3.jpg
    38.5 KB · Views: 745
  • gold1.jpg
    gold1.jpg
    76.5 KB · Views: 705
  • gold4.jpg
    gold4.jpg
    53.8 KB · Views: 603
Last edited:
Upvote 0

pickaway

Bronze Member
Nov 1, 2011
Detector(s) used
ace 400
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
man what a great find. congrats...

dashriprock

Jan 18, 2014
Arizona
Detector(s) used
Whites Goldmaster Vsat
Tesoro Diablo Umaxx
Garrett CXIII
Primary Interest:
Prospecting
Man that is nice! Congrats!! Good video also! :-)

swamp yankee

Jun 22, 2012
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Great find Ron big congrats are in order! I'd keep picking that place clean before some "developer" moron puts a whole bunch of new shacks up and wrecks it! Thanx for the vid too......

RvPrepper

Feb 9, 2013
Deming,NM
Detector(s) used
White's V3i Had a Fisher as a kid but can't recall which one. Vulcan 360 Pinpointer
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Quack Quack what is it worth beside being so so so well so you know just so banner some?
PM would you I am just curious! Faild 1st grade.

Last edited:
OP
OP
Ron (CA)

Ron (CA)

Feb 1, 2005
Mechanicsville VA
🥇 Banner finds
Detector(s) used
CTX 3030 , Deus 1 & 2,
few more!

Had you have any more luck with those big nuggets..?

We got 3 more nuggets in that spot 2.4 dwt, 2.3 dwt and a 1.9 dwt. Not as big but very nice nuggets!

Just have to pick through all the iron. 3 of the 4 have been with VLF machines and one with a GPX 5000

Attachments

• 20140103_233146.jpg
    20140103_233146.jpg
    1.6 MB · Views: 126
  • IMG_3528.JPG
    IMG_3528.JPG
    420.1 KB · Views: 129
  • 20140118_002235.jpg
    20140118_002235.jpg
    845.6 KB · Views: 123

Bigmanco

Jan 18, 2014
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Wow nice find. This just made me want to get into detecting. Surpisingly not cause of the gold but the history and historical stuff u found. I would been just as excited from the dime as the nugget. I love history and think i might just have to buy a good metal detector. Iv played with one before. A buddy had got one and i found a early 80s quarter and it was a big fun ghing for me but happy for u finding the nugget bet thats a once in a lifetime found

jimmyzr1

Jun 12, 2010
Sacramento, Ca
Detector(s) used
Minelab Etrac, Ctx-3030, Excalibur sword, XP Deus, 3 Garrett propointers, White's Tdi SL, VX3, 6000 Di Pro SL, Mx sport, Tesoro Tiger shark and more
Ron, did you have to get permission to hunt there, or is it on public property? Or is that why you guys were hunting at night?

Beepin Husker

Feb 20, 2014
Husker Country
Detector(s) used
Fisher F5, Garrett AT Pro, 2 Garrett Pinpointers
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Congratulations Ron! Long time lurker here. Your video was a reason I finally registered on this site and my first post goes out to you!!!! Keep 'em coming!!! We don't have anything like that here in Nebraska. And by the way, nice hat!!!! GBR!

rjsupersonic

Aug 5, 2011
Detector(s) used
Sand Shark /10.5 Fisher F75LTD, X-Terra 705 Garrett AT Pro
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
That is amazing! Excellent video too!

OP
OP
Ron (CA)

Ron (CA)

Feb 1, 2005
Mechanicsville VA
🥇 Banner finds
Detector(s) used
CTX 3030 , Deus 1 & 2,
Congratulations Ron! Long time lurker here. Your video was a reason I finally registered on this site and my first post goes out to you!!!! Keep 'em coming!!! We don't have anything like that here in Nebraska. And by the way, nice hat!!!! GBR!

Yep- Husker through and through!! UNL '89

Glad you registered and posted!! Love the avatar!

OP
OP
Ron (CA)

Ron (CA)

Feb 1, 2005
Mechanicsville VA
🥇 Banner finds
Detector(s) used
CTX 3030 , Deus 1 & 2,
Ron, did you have to get permission to hunt there, or is it on public property? Or is that why you guys were hunting at night?

Regardless of permission or public sites, we hunt at night so lurkers/locals don't end up on our sites!! :) Already been down that road!

If I videoed some of the sites in daylight, people would be able to figure out where we are and until we are done with a site, I try to keep it low key but yet share some of the neat stuff we find.

The site earlier in the video (not where i got the nugget and I clearly state in the video we are going to a different site) I have already seen 3-4 people there since I posted the video. I never saw anyone there in the previous two years.

You are only up the road and I am sure you know where the first site was due to local news coverage etc.

jimmyzr1

Jun 12, 2010
Sacramento, Ca
Detector(s) used
Minelab Etrac, Ctx-3030, Excalibur sword, XP Deus, 3 Garrett propointers, White's Tdi SL, VX3, 6000 Di Pro SL, Mx sport, Tesoro Tiger shark and more
Duplicate

Last edited:

jimmyzr1

Jun 12, 2010
Sacramento, Ca
Detector(s) used
Video

Way to go Ron, loved watching your video. I enjoyed detecting with you before. Jim

Squatty

Aug 26, 2013
Gilmanton NH
Detector(s) used
Garrett AT Pro
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Wow... that is a HUGE find. Hats off to you, man! I think my language would have been a little more offensive.

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread