Gold and wire Silver Found Detecting neat micro shots

jewelerdave

Aug 29, 2007
Fort Collins, Colorado
Detector(s) used
I just follow my nose!...where the silver and gold goes!
Minelab 5000, Goldmaster, and a few others
XRF spectrometer, Common sense.
Primary Interest:
Prospecting
Sometimes its not about the biggest nugget found but the small stuff and a lot of it.
Slow and low!

I was impressed the detector found these actually, now we will run these tailings for micron gold since it is obviously there!
If this is what I found on the surface after a lot of other detectors have gone over it I can only think what was missed! and what is so small that it cant be picked up!

Sure Coloardo is not known for nuggets or large gold but the small stuff is plentiful and we process kilos of it!
These are just some personal finds I have made. Not a lot but cool to look at!

microgold2.jpg

microgold3.jpg
yep that is a finer nail.

microgold4.jpg

microgold5.jpg
Yes i am using a microscope camera to shoot these, these were found with a detector

silverwire1.jpg silverwire2.jpg silver wire patches in the rock, these are hard to find!

Upvote 0

GoldCTX

Nov 26, 2012
Northern California
Detector(s) used
GPX-4500
CTX-3030
Macro Gold Racer
Primary Interest:
Prospecting
Dave,

Wow, Outstanding!!!!! Beautiful Specimens just Raw !!!!! You must be digging in the snow this time of year? A lot of Mines in your area with a lot of Complex ore and great minerals! I use to pick a lot of tailings in Mines in the Gold Hill area above Boulder. Never scored beauties like you have there, wow! I am impressed!!!

Thanks for sharing!
Gerard

Jim Hemmingway

Jan 26, 2008
Canada
Detector(s) used
F-75, Infinium LS, MXT, GoldBug2, TDI Pro, 1280X Aquanaut, Garrett ProPointer
Primary Interest:
Prospecting
Dave... beautiful specimens... love the silver wire... outstanding photos. I recollect in the past you've posted some jewelry comprised from your gold recoveries in the field... impressive stuff. Hope you'll consider posting more frequently to this forum. Thanks for sharing with everyone, and hope that you'll find a ton more!!! :icon_thumleft: Jim.

Goldwasher

Gold Member
May 26, 2009
Sailor Flat, Ca.
🥇 Banner finds
Detector(s) used
SDC2300, Gold Bug 2 Burlap, fish oil, .35 gallons of water per minute.
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Which detector????We like to hear about that too:notworthy:...must be the golmaster

Lanny in AB

Gold Member
Apr 2, 2003
Alberta
Detector(s) used
Various Minelabs(5000, 2100, X-Terra 705, Equinox 800, Gold Monster), Falcon MD20, Tesoro Sand Shark, Gold Bug Pro, Makro Gold Racer.
Primary Interest:
Prospecting
I love the pictures. Cool macros! Thanks for posting them.

All the best,

Lanny

Threshold

Mar 3, 2012
Riverside, CA
Detector(s) used
Bounty Hunter Pioneer 202, Tesoro Tiger Shark, Garret Pin Pointer
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
Amazing! And beautiful pictures!!

Hoser John

Gold Member
Mar 22, 2003
Redding,Calif.
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Nice macro shots of some stunning species. Wide aperature and round ring lighting sure makes a difference. Learning my new Nikon but not into the macro mode yet-cool pics,be it big or small it's all good-John

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread