Anyone going hunting in Northern California

TrinityBigfoot

Aug 20, 2012
Detector(s) used
Whites V3i, Gold Bug II, Whites TRX Pointpointer
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
For the last for months a have been day dreaming about going gold hunting somewhere in the Trinity county area. I was given a tip to prospect in the around Dillon creek near Happy Camp. However I'm still trying to decide where to go. I have a Whites V3i metal detector (not the greatest gold detector as I understand). I have panned for gold along the Trinity river. I have found about 3 grams of gold with the largest nugget being 1 gram. I'm looking at heading out this weekend or sometime next week.

Upvote 0

63bkpkr

Silver Member
Aug 9, 2007
Southern California
Detector(s) used
XLT, GMT, 6000D Coinmaster
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
TBF, there are a few folks here on Tnet who live in the Trinity area like 'Ray'. As I understand it the 'authorities' are kinda sticky about particulars, like the type of gear you are using. You might contact a club in your area to pickup some info.

Whenever you get out, have a great trip and the best of luck to you.......................63bkpkr

OP
OP
TrinityBigfoot

TrinityBigfoot

Aug 20, 2012
Detector(s) used
Whites V3i, Gold Bug II, Whites TRX Pointpointer
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I'm in Eureka. I'm looking to go is far as redding. I have been up hwy 3 once. I'm thinking of making a 2 day trip. Still searching for the 'best' place.

TravyLeigh

Sep 17, 2014
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I go up to the auburn state recreation area every weekend now... I've got gold fever :)

I'm focusing on sniping for gold right now, but when it gets too cold for that, I'll buy me a whites GMT. I've used a whites XLT for coin/jewellery stuff for years, but have always wanted to get into gold. I love it so much up by auburn!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

meMiner

Bronze Member
Jul 22, 2014
Port Perry, Ontario
Detector(s) used
Minelab 800,
Fisher CZ21, F75SE, Gold Bug 2.9 & Minelab GPX 5000
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
Wow, it has been a while since I have thought about Happy Camp. I used to know a fellow who went there every year with a suction dredge and sometimes had spectacular results. Too bad, dredging in CA is now "verboten". Anyway, it is always good to know that the area has good gold. Good luck with your prospecting.

Hoser John

Gold Member
Mar 22, 2003
Redding,Calif.
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
The area is on fire , in the whole area over 150,000 acres,smoke so ungodly it's unbelieveable for over a month. Even as far as Seiad and Humbug folks driving with headlights on in the day. Call ahead to see and be cautious as many huge fires all over. Weed is hit also,over 200 homes/biz and not out either. Just make sure where you go has at least 2-3 ways OUT-John

TravyLeigh

Sep 17, 2014
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Went up to the north fork of the American river yesterday (legs and back killing me lol) and found maybe $30-40 worth of gold, 2 small nuggets and the rest just flat flakes. I started off sniping, but the bedrock was so deep where I was looking, I dug down (by hand, I don't use a shovel cause it's too much to carry) and got maybe a foot deep, and started finding this silty clay, so I started panning some, just for fun. Started seein color, so I went deeper and found more and more... A 2 foot deep hole later, and I stopped finding much color, just a speck here and there.

Only my 3rd time prospecting! They had me hooked on it the first time, when I didn't even find anything lol.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread