detecting previously hunted ground

californiagold

Aug 7, 2014
California goldfields
Detector(s) used
Makro Gold Racer, Nokta Fors gold plus, Makro racer2, Nokta fors gold, minelab gpx5000, fisher gold bug pro and many many others
Primary Interest:
Prospecting
Hello everyone

Been pretty hot this summer, but got a chance other day to try out new nokta fors gold detector. I detected an area that i hunted very well before. Ground that pretty much has been detected every square inch. I used few different detectors and coils before. But this nokta fors gold found deeper left behind gold. I was very impressed. It ran very smooth, was comfortable, and the rechargeable aa batteries seem to last very long time. Also found several other targets such as lead. That was not detected before. When i got a signal , i marked it with a stick. Then turned on my goldbug with 10" coil, to see if it could hear signals aswell. But everytime it could not. I will be going over the whole diggings again with fors gold to see what else i can find that was missed. Overall i am very happy with this new gold detector.

ForumRunner_20140809_231220.png

Upvote 0

jeff of pa

Super Moderator
Staff member
Dec 19, 2003
🥇 Banner finds
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Welcome to treasureNet.
Cool it is working out for you

DizzyDigger

Gold Member
Dec 9, 2012
Concrete, WA
Detector(s) used
Nokta FoRs Gold, a Gold Cube, 2 Keene Sluices and Lord only knows how many pans....not to mention a load of other gear my wife still doesn't know about!
Primary Interest:
Prospecting
Although I'm not in the market for a detector, never having
heard of Nokta I looked up their website. VERY impressive.

Any time a manufacturer posts the FCC and CE reports
on their machines, you know they've done due diligence
in creating the best product they can put forth.

No idea how it performs against other machines, but would
love to hear from some of the pro's like Ray or Steve.

Hoser John

Gold Member
Mar 22, 2003
Redding,Calif.
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Hahahaha new name but ya can't hide from ol'Hoser. Ya forgot dwt+ and that spot is pure misery in this heat/humidity and hard as cement too. Thisn' looks like a improvement,now will it stand the test a time,and manzanita bashing, and sure hope they sent ya extra coil covers as ya eat'm for breakfast and gone by noon. Tons a au 2 u bud-John

Last edited:
OP
OP
C

californiagold

Aug 7, 2014
California goldfields
Detector(s) used
Makro Gold Racer, Nokta Fors gold plus, Makro racer2, Nokta fors gold, minelab gpx5000, fisher gold bug pro and many many others
Primary Interest:
Prospecting
New name? I just joined this forum for first time. I usually never post gold online. Just thought id share something that i was very impressed with. Been very successfull with other detector. But hoser allready knows that. But this new nokta fors gold is really cool. I probably wont be using my gb pro. Much. This thing eats gold at depth in very very bad mineralzation. It's going to be a very exciting winter, doing detecting. Have done tons of research and have alot of new private prop. Permissions to go to. Cant wait to see what the fors gold can do at other places. But this place i went is very bad mineralazation and it did very well. If someone wants to try it out we can arrange that too. I dont like to buy anything unless i get to try it first. But took leap of faith on this detector. Glad i did. By the way the pieces were just over 1/2 dwt. Total together. They were found using standard coil (11") in boost mode. Sensitivity 80. Id mask 10.
Take care

AzViper

Bronze Member
Sep 30, 2012
Arizona - Is there any other state worth visiting
Detector(s) used
Fisher Gold Bug Pro, Nokta FORS Gold, Garrett ATX, Sun Ray Gold Pro Headphones, Royal Pick, Etc.
Primary Interest:
Prospecting
Yeah I would like to hear of some reviews of this MD. Looks interesting and under 4 pounds.

Nokta Fors Gold.jpg Nokta Fors Gold 1.jpg

3 SEARCH MODES

General Search
Sometimes referred to as the ''All Metal'' mode, this is the deepest mode of the device. Different than the other modes, this mode has a constant threshold sound in the background. You can search deeper by listening to the variations in this sound.

Discrimination (DI3)
This is the 3-tone discrimination mode. This mode is ideal to use in fields with different types of metals enabling you to search faster with audio discrimination.

Boost (BST)
It is the 2-tone discrimination mode. Developed for use in gold fields, this mode is deeper than DI3. It provides more depth for nugget searching and minimizes the effects of hot rocks.

GROUND TRACKING
Along with automatic and manual ground balancing, FORS Gold metal detector also offers ground tracking which tracks the changes in ground and automatically adjusts the ground balance to suit. The visible or invisible changes in ground affects the detection depth as well as the discrimination ability of the device so you can improve the performance of the device by activating this feature on suitable ground.

DIGITAL TARGET ID AND ID MASKING

When FORS Gold metal detector detects a target, it displays the target ID on the screen and gives you an idea about what the target may be. ID Masking, on the other hand, enables you to search by ignoring unwanted targets. It provides ease of use by rejecting hot rocks and metals such as iron and foil.

DUAL LCD DISPLAY AND GRAPHICAL USER INTERFACE
FORS Gold metal detector has 2 LCD displays - one on the system box and one on the handle. Dual LCD display and graphical user interface let you easily adjust the settings and see all the information you need on the screens. Once you adjust your settings on the LCD panel located on the system box, you can follow most of the information on the display in the front. This way you don't need to go back and check the LCD panel constantly. This provides great comfort during searching.

ELECTRONIC PINPOINTING AND DEPTH INDICATOR

With FORS Gold metal detector, you can easily pinpoint a target with just the push of a button. As the target is approached in the pinpoint mode, the signal tone will get stronger and change in pitch and at the same time, the depth reading will appear on both screens. Pinpoint feature will save you digging time and enable you to reach your target faster.

VIBRATION MODE
Designed with the hearing impaired in mind, FORS Gold metal detector achieved a first with the vibration feature. Vibration feature is also ideal for users who do not want to use headphones in outdoor noise such as wind or waves.

BUILT-IN LED FLASHLIGHT

FORS Gold metal detector built-in flashlight offers great convenience by illuminating the scan area when searching at night or in dark. You will not need an external illumination device.

EASY USE AND ERGONOMIC DESIGN

FORS Gold metal detector is impressing not only with its electronics and software, but with its ease of use and ergonomic design as well. With its easy access settings, its widest scan design and its ergonomics which will not exhaust you during prolonged searches, FORS Gold is an indispensable detector for all detectorists.

LONG BATTERY LIFE

FORS Gold metal detector works with 4 AA Alkaline batteries that can easily be purchased anywhere and provides approximately 25-30 hours of use. You can also purchase the optional rechargeable batteries and the charger and charge your batteries at home or in your car.

10 LANGUAGES
FORS Gold is an international detector offering worldwide use with its 10 language options. Once you select the language in the menu, the device will start in the language you have selected after you turn off and on the device.

Last edited:

AzViper

Bronze Member
Sep 30, 2012
Detector(s) used
Fisher Gold Bug Pro, Nokta FORS Gold, Garrett ATX, Sun Ray Gold Pro Headphones, Royal Pick, Etc.
Primary Interest:
Prospecting
Hello everyone

Been pretty hot this summer, but got a chance other day to try out new nokta fors gold detector. I detected an area that i hunted very well before. Ground that pretty much has been detected every square inch. I used few different detectors and coils before. But this nokta fors gold found deeper left behind gold. I was very impressed. It ran very smooth, was comfortable, and the rechargeable aa batteries seem to last very long time. Also found several other targets such as lead. That was not detected before. When i got a signal , i marked it with a stick. Then turned on my goldbug with 10" coil, to see if it could hear signals aswell. But everytime it could not. I will be going over the whole diggings again with fors gold to see what else i can find that was missed. Overall i am very happy with this new gold detector. ]

I would be interested of the quality of the build. Is it built to take abuse, are coil guards available, the general feel of the control box, does it feel sturdy, heavy duty, menu interface, etc.

OP
OP
C

californiagold

Aug 7, 2014
California goldfields
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
Prospecting
Hello viper

The fors gold is very well built. Better then most brands. They dont cut any corners when they build them. I usually go crashing thru brush 90% of the time. It has held up good so far. The balance and weight are great. I also have a goldbug pro with 10" coil. Forsgold is not even noticeably heavier. The menu interface is easy. You can actually save your favorite settings. The 2 different screens light up when adjusting or when u get a tArget. They come with coil covers aswell. The rechargeable batteries last all day without hardly losing any power. Time will tell if it holds up but im sure it will. It is built like a tank. I tried it out again today and didnt find any gold, but found small and big lead that was deeper than gold bug could hear. I check every target with goldbug to see if it can hear them. Take care

Hoser John

Gold Member
Mar 22, 2003
Redding,Calif.
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Best feature ever is the VIBRATING mode for the hearing impared. Lotza folks well just don't hear so well and egos won't allow hearing aids or can't afford $200+ earphones,that don't help anyhow. This definately fills that notch just fine as XXXXXX said even a tiny shotgun bb makes a tingling in your hand. RIGHTEOUS idea way beyond time. The forementioned check unit was the new GB PRO for clarificarion. Kudos-John

AzViper

Bronze Member
Sep 30, 2012
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
Prospecting
Hello viper

The fors gold is very well built. Better then most brands. They dont cut any corners when they build them. I usually go crashing thru brush 90% of the time. It has held up good so far. The balance and weight are great. I also have a goldbug pro with 10" coil. Forsgold is not even noticeably heavier. The menu interface is easy. You can actually save your favorite settings. The 2 different screens light up when adjusting or when u get a tArget. They come with coil covers aswell. The rechargeable batteries last all day without hardly losing any power. Time will tell if it holds up but im sure it will. It is built like a tank. I tried it out again today and didnt find any gold, but found small and big lead that was deeper than gold bug could hear. I check every target with goldbug to see if it can hear them. Take care

With the FORS GOLD being a VLF machine have you done any side by side comparisons against GB Pro in depth? GBP operates at 19Khz and the FORS GOLD operates at 15Khz.

I have to agree with Hoser John that the vibration mode is a plus as I know I do not hear as well as I did due to a childhood accident.

OP
OP
C

californiagold

Aug 7, 2014
California goldfields
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
Prospecting
I have been doing comparisons as i detect for gold. When i get a target with the forsgold i mark the spot then i turn on gold bug pro too see if it can hear it also. But most times it cant. Im detecting an area that i allready did with goldbug before forsgold came along. I havent really done any air test. But the fors is deeper in air test too. The vibration feature is awesome.

AzViper

Bronze Member
Sep 30, 2012
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
Prospecting
I have been doing comparisons as i detect for gold. When i get a target with the forsgold i mark the spot then i turn on gold bug pro too see if it can hear it also. But most times it cant. Im detecting an area that i allready did with goldbug before forsgold came along. I havent really done any air test. But the fors is deeper in air test too. The vibration feature is awesome.

I know this is a loaded question because of all the ground variables and different coil options of the MD. Have you found a favorite coil and effective depth of your MD?

OP
OP
C

californiagold

Aug 7, 2014
California goldfields
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
Prospecting
I have tried all 3 coils with fors gold. But i think the all around best is the standard 11" . Its not too big or small. The big coil isnt heavy at all though. I just use 11" cause it is similar size of 10" coil that i used on gold bug pro. Just like always any size has its place and time.

Aufisher

Bronze Member
May 12, 2013
The Golden State
Detector(s) used
Whites Goldmaster V/SAT. VibraProbe. Bazooka 48" Prospector Sluice. Shorts. Chickens + Goats + Goldhounds. 35' Chris Craft Caribbean motorsailer. FISH OIL + BURLAP
Primary Interest:
Prospecting
What does FORS mean? Is it an acronym?

OP
OP
C

californiagold

Aug 7, 2014
California goldfields
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
Prospecting
I have no idea what fors means. They also have a coin relic md. Called fors core.

Aufisher

Bronze Member
May 12, 2013
The Golden State
Detector(s) used
Whites Goldmaster V/SAT. VibraProbe. Bazooka 48" Prospector Sluice. Shorts. Chickens + Goats + Goldhounds. 35' Chris Craft Caribbean motorsailer. FISH OIL + BURLAP
Primary Interest:
Prospecting
The name sounds quite foreign and a bit silly. It might sell better if it was called Gold Magnet 24K. But I am more of a manufacturing engineer than a marketing guy.

Nokta Detectors

Supporting Vendor
Supporting Vendor
Jun 2, 2014
Istanbul, Turkey
Detector(s) used
NOKTA AND MAKRO
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I have no idea what fors means. They also have a coin relic md. Called fors core.

FORS Gold - Basically we wanted to give a name to the device that will be read the same way in all languages (at least the ones using the Latin alphabet), short and easy to remember.
FORS in Latin means luck, chance , fortune :-)
And the way it is pronounced in English is the same as ‘’Force’’ and the slogan we use is ‘’the ultimate force in gold prospecting’’.
FORS CoRe - CoRe for coin and relic hunting...

Hoser John

Gold Member
Mar 22, 2003
Redding,Calif.
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Your product,your science,your brand new innovations,your money,your name and to LL with what anyone else thinks-period-NEVER waste your time trying to explain your decisions as a never ending freefall on this forum-John

Nokta Detectors

Supporting Vendor
Supporting Vendor
Jun 2, 2014
Istanbul, Turkey
Detector(s) used
NOKTA AND MAKRO
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Well this is not really about trying to explain ourselves ...we value everyone's opinion ...at the end, everyone on this forum is a potential customer and for our company, customer is the starting point to everything we do in business. We try our best to erase the question marks from people's minds. People have a right to question and our job as a company is to address them. Of course we cannot reach every single person in the world who is using a detector but we do our best as we come across them.

Your product,your science,your brand new innovations,your money,your name and to LL with what anyone else thinks-period-NEVER waste your time trying to explain your decisions as a never ending freefall on this forum-John

Last edited:

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread