Golg Bug Pro coils

Goldwasher

Gold Member
May 26, 2009
Sailor Flat, Ca.
🥇 Banner finds
Detector(s) used
SDC2300, Gold Bug 2 Burlap, fish oil, .35 gallons of water per minute.
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
There was a thread that was locked a while ago so I have to start a new one. I have a gold bug pro with the small coil. I like it for cracks and small areas. For open areas and the hillsides its too slow to cover ground. I know the small one is great for separation, though the gb pro is good at that in and of itself. I have used the 10 inch on Hangtowns machine. I would like to know more about the other coils available. The NEL coils just say "Gold Bug" are they 14khz? If I can use a coil for an f75 how is that possible they are 19khz. S.E.F is an open design so it can get hung up but, a coil cover will help with that. Though they aren't cheaper than the fisher 10". The really are in the same relative price range so verifiable increase of performance would be a deciding factor.I do use the gold bug to hunt relics also. I prefer to but American, are Fisher coils American made? I have done internet searches...like many tings detecting and prospecting related the most helpful info come from TNET. Thanks for any input.

Upvote 0

Featherdfishead

Apr 4, 2014
Callahan-ScottValley-Salmon River, Ca
Detector(s) used
Primarily Minelab SDC 2300
and Gold Bug Pro with NEL Sharpshooter, Grey Ghost Phones, an EzSluice, a good Pan, various Diggn Tools, and a Good'Ol Dog or Two
Primary Interest:
Prospecting
I use the stock GBPro coil and a NEL's Sharpshooter 5.5x9.5 coil. The nels coil is very sensitive. It is an open design but i rarely have problems with it getting caught on stuff and i use it in allot of brush. I would prefer american made also but i got the nels for $100 and the equivilent from fisher was $160, also the Nels has a 3 yr warranty and the Fisher only 2yrs. Yes the Nels comes in 19 khz, i called and talked directly the factory before buying, and yes there are afew american reps that will service the Nels domestically. I will likly buy a very large SEF coil to use on tailing piles when i get some extra cash just to try one out. The different types of coils nowadays interest me, and some of the foregn company's do have allot of experience makeing detectors they just havent bein avaliable in our market.
Happy Days - Happy Hunting
Adam

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread